Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Cricket Shorty! – Kalibrgun Cricket Compact .22

Home Forums BullPups Kalibrgun Cricket Shorty! – Kalibrgun Cricket Compact .22

This topic contains 176 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  gku 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 177 total)
  • Author

sam63
    Participant
    quote Cricket:

I was going to order a really nice custom wst stock for it but after getting a feel of the synthetic stock I think I will hold on to it, realy nice grip.

This is the stock I was going to order:

Congrads on your new Compact. A new gun that shoots groups like that is a keeper. Who sells the custom stock in the photos?

cricket

Sam, he is the same guy who make this buttpad: http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32326&p=333787&hilit=Cricket+butt+adjustable#p333787

He is from poland and can be contacted via this email: michal.osyda@gmail.com

sam63
    Participant

Thanks for the contact info.

cricket

Tried to shoot at 100m today, forgot to clean my barrel but whatever, the group was 1,7″ or 4,33cm, will get a lot better with time trust me.

Here is my shooting range,as you can see targets are small without proper magnification

iride
    Participant

LOL Cricket , I had to get a look at your log table, Cool idea at least where your at,
    Here in West Texas you find a log and slip your legs under it for a table there is a 99% chance your going to the hospital. :smilen: :smilen:
    Looks like a nice wooded area your shooting in.
    Mike

cricket
    quote iride:

LOL Cricket , I had to get a look at your log table, Cool idea at least where your at,
    Here in West Texas you find a log and slip your legs under it for a table there is a 99% chance your going to the hospital. :smilen: :smilen:
    Mike

Lol, not a lot of things that are hostile apart from mosquitoes during the summer in these parts. The stump chair is quite nice, I will have to take a pic of me sitting and shooting in it next time so you get a proper idea of how it looks 🙂

doorns

Awesome gun Cricket. The area you are shooting in looks so peaceful, nobody bothering you. You can just enjoy your new gun (which looks great btw) and focus on putting pellet on pellet 🙂

quote iride:

Mike

…yea, IF you make it to the hospital! Lots of bad critters active this time of year out your way Mike, and to a lesser degree here in the “East”… and then there’s the skeeters… we won’t even go into that and how they can adversely affect one’s ability to shoot calmly and accurately… 🙂

zonk
    Participant

Very nice setup. What a great group you shot. Looks like Ole Villdo did a great job on your gun. You can learn a lot from Ville, wish I was closer to him. I’d drink his beer…… :18:

cricket
    quote Zonk:

Very nice setup. What a great group you shot. Looks like Ole Villdo did a great job on your gun. You can learn a lot from Ville, wish I was closer to him. I’d drink his beer…… :18:

Indeed, so far he has done nothing but prove me wrong, I told him I would never doubt him again 😉

This gun as you can see from Villes groups have amazing potential, I am looking forward to the day I master this gun and can shoot it as accurately as Ville.

Oh, and spinj, if you are reading this, I tried the whole sitting with my back against a tree thingy at 54m and I cannot remember if it was 2 or 3 pellets, but they went through the EXACT same hole… shot 4 and 5 were way of :rofl:

Here are some random pics

cricket

Just measured my scope height for Strelok, it is 7,54cm or 2,97″

spinj

Cricket, I am keeping track of this post. Excellent job! That is some really good shooting! I know I mentioned in my article that although a proper cheek weld is good it is best to keep a very light touch on the cheek-rest of the rifle. Don’t get me wrong, if it is part of your technique, putting pressure on the cheek piece is fine as long as you exhibit the same amount of pressure each time. When implementing a cheek weld so that the entire weight of your head is resting on the cheek-piece, make sure that head placement and pressure on the cheek-piece is consistent. This should go along with the rest of the tips stated in the Accurate Shooting Tips article. This is very important: there should be absolutely no lateral pressure imparted from your weld. The weight of your head should be pressing straight down on the cheek-rest. You will know when the correct pressure is applied and your weld is spot-on when you see your scope’s reticle move only straight vertically as you line up its crosshairs to the point-of-aim. Simultaneously, there should absolutely be no pressure on the firing hand and forehand as this will counteract the force of the pressure of your cheek-weld. I stated before that shooting/ballistics is governed by phsyics. In light of this, you must understand that the motion of recoil follows the path of least resistance. Thus, you must not introduce any other pressure other than the one coming from the weight of your head.

With respect to (I believe) your post about measuring scope height, I am in the process of writing an article on using the latest Chairgun version. But I see that you are using Strelok, which I have no experience with. Anyway, one of the things I will be clarifying to eliminate the confusion of some is that of proper scope height and how to correctly obtain it with precise numbers. The link that you shared on your other post which shows how to do so by measuring it from the line of sight and as close to the muzzle as possible is not entirely correct as determined during my field tests (as mentioned in my Accurate Shooting Tips write-up, I like to put things to the test :winkn: ). There is much confusion from many shooters on which measurement to use using the method shared through the link: the one obtained when the rifle is zeroed to a particular distance or the one obtained when the scope is optically centered. I have been doing extensive testing pertaining to the ballistic information that Chairgun provides according to the inputted values entered. Stay tuned!

Cheers!

cricket
    quote spinj:

Cricket, I am keeping track of this post. Excellent job! That is some really good shooting! I know I mentioned in my article that although a proper cheek weld is good it is best to keep a very light touch on the cheek-rest of the rifle. Don’t get me wrong, if it is part of your technique, putting pressure on the cheek piece is fine as long as you exhibit the same amount of pressure each time. When implementing a cheek weld so that the entire weight of your head is resting on the cheek-piece, make sure that head placement and pressure on the cheek-piece is consistent. This should go along with the rest of the tips stated in the Accurate Shooting Tips article. This is very important: there should be absolutely no lateral pressure imparted from your weld. The weight of your head should be pressing straight down on the cheek-rest. You will know when the correct pressure is applied and your weld is spot-on when you see your scope’s reticle move only straight vertically as you line up its crosshairs to the point-of-aim. Simultaneously, there should absolutely be no pressure on the firing hand and forehand as this will counteract the force of the pressure of your cheek-weld. I stated before that shooting/ballistics is governed by phsyics. In light of this, you must understand that the motion of recoil follows the path of least resistance. Thus, you must not introduce any other pressure other than the one coming from the weight of your head.

With respect to (I believe) your post about measuring scope height, I am in the process of writing an article on using the latest Chairgun version. But I see that you are using Strelok, which I have no experience with. Anyway, one of the things I will be clarifying to eliminate the confusion of some is that of proper scope height and how to correctly obtain it with precise numbers. The link that you shared on your other post which shows how to do so by measuring it from the line of sight and as close to the muzzle as possible is not entirely correct as determined during my field tests (as mentioned in my Accurate Shooting Tips write-up, I like to put things to the test :winkn: ). There is much confusion from many shooters on which measurement to use using the method shared through the link: the one obtained when the rifle is zeroed to a particular distance or the one obtained when the scope is optically centered. I have been doing extensive testing pertaining to the ballistic information that Chairgun provides according to the inputted values entered. Stay tuned!

Cheers!

Nice, looking forward to your findings on scope height :thumb:

airgunwhore

Well guys it’s all your fault
    after reading this thread I bought the one on yellow for sale from nick trahadias it should be here soon

I have been debating for a while now in whitch compact to get and have always liked the cricket compact especially with this stock

Nick says its stock nothing has been done to it his other cricked were tuned by AZ.
    So questions to all u cricket guys what if anything needs to be done to make it cycle butter smooth
    Thanks in advance

gku
    Participant
    quote Airgunwhore:

Well guys it’s all your fault
    after reading this thread I bought the one on yellow for sale from nick trahadias it should be here soon

I have been debating for a while now in whitch compact to get and have always liked the cricket compact especially with this stock

Nick says its stock nothing has been done to it his other cricked were tuned by AZ.
    So questions to all u cricket guys what if anything needs to be done to make it cycle butter smooth
    Thanks in advance

Sweet man … . . congrats …… is it a 177 or a 22 ?

~ Greg

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 177 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar