Q:

Cricket Shorty! – Kalibrgun Cricket Compact .22

First off, I would like to apologize in advance for the crappy quality of some of the Pictures, the bad ones were taken by a shitty phone camera…

Allright, so I got myself a new gun, I have had it for a couple Days, not even a week yet. The gun is a Kalibrgun Cricket Compact in .22 This gun is new as in it has been laying around since 2013 without use, there is a story behind how I got a hold of it but I am not going to bore you with it, all in all, it would not be possible without Sir Ville.

Ville ordered this gun for me and tuned/fixed it up for me, he polished the barrel, set the reg/valve etc and got it shooting, these are the kind of Groups he got at 42m Indoors, 5 shots:

When he finnished he sent it to me and I have been out to shoot it about 4 times total, like I said, only been in my hands a couple Days.

So far I am very happy with it, I see now why peolpe praise the Compact and Mutant Shorty because for some reason (unexplainable to me) the shorter the gun the more fun. I guess it is like having a tiny mini with 500BHP….

The things I have done includes polishing the hammer and some receiver parts, then lubing them with a great Product called “Archoil AR8300 Severe Duty Synthetic Grease”

The trigger on this gun is absolutely Amazing, much better than on my old .177, not sure why but I am not complaining :mrgreen:

This is my setup:

Cricket Compact .22 (63cm long)
Delta Optical Titanium 4,5-30×50
Eaglevision Forward Infinity adjustable mount (FAE-L50)
Wheeler Engineering Anti Cant Indicator
Greenbase CNC Bipod (copy of the Atlas)

By the way, I am LOVING this scope, it weighs about 760 grams or so but with all else (scope mount etc) it weighs over a kilogram, but it is a really great scope.

Lets talk about my results so far, I shot it at 52m and here are best Groups:

4 shot – 0,96cm or 0,38″ CTC (last in the Magazine after two five shot Groups)

5 shot – 1,15cm or 0,45″ CTC

This gun outshoots me by far and when I get more trigger time I do not doubt I will be able to stack a full Magazine under 0,5″ at 52m. But that will take time and practice, once I put 2 tins of pellets through it I will do some more serious chrony work and see what I get, but at around 905 fps with 16gr I get at least 4 mags, but more on that later…

Here is my range, I can get up to 100m but now I am shooting at 52m The stump acts like a table, you slip your legs under it and rest the gun on top. Not by any means the best rest but better than prone IMO.

Hopefully you will join me on my journey with this gun, lots of things to do such as calculate BC get Strelok pro to line up with real World results etc. I am going to quote Ted here and say “I got my fire back guys” this gun has great potential and I am super exited to get back out in the Woods for some more target shooting, I have already taken a Crow with it :whistle:

Kalibrgun

All Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)

1 2 3 10 11 12

Nice cool Compact Cricket, Cricket and awesome shooting as well.

“around 905 fps with 16gr I get at least 4 mags, but more on that later…”

Yah, would like to know more about the shot count, start and ending fill pressures …….

~ Greg

Spinj, yes it it custom

Fudd, It is indeed very interesting. You can move it back and forth for the eye relief but also up/down and tilt it, it is very high, I have not yet properly measured my scope height but it is nigh on 3″ not that it really matters with a spirit level, just make sure the bubble is in the right place. However it is almost a bit too high so I cannot get a “glued on” cheek weld. But after reading spinj’s posts on shooting accurate he recommends to barely touch the gun with the cheek if I remember correctly. I put my mount on backwards because it suited me the best.

Mike, I tried that, didn’t like it so installed the old ones back, that 27×2,5 or whatever o-ring was so tight I was worried the pellet skirts were gonna get damaged, and I only did it so I would not have to put electical tape in the mag-holders. But as you can see I took out the mag holder anyway so no need for it, I really like it this way .

Nice looking gun Cricket, and scope.
Now you need to do the Zonk O-ring Mod to you pellet magazine ,
I does away with two o rings and just install one o ring,
Mike

Can’t go wrong with a Compact! Man, that Ville can really polish a barrel. He must have put a lot of effort to get it that shiny. Your mount looks pretty interesting. How do you like it? What’s the height as well? It looks a tad on the high side but some like it like that.

Sweet set up, like your scope too.
Very nice. :mrgreen:

quote Cricket:

I was going to order a really nice custom wst stock for it but after getting a feel of the synthetic stock I think I will hold on to it, realy nice grip.

This is the stock I was going to order:

What brand of bullpup is this? Is it custom?

I was going to order a really nice custom wst stock for it but after getting a feel of the synthetic stock I think I will hold on to it, realy nice grip.

This is the stock I was going to order:

Very cool, Cricket… I have two of these baby’s and I agree these Compacts are a lot of fun to shoot. Many tins of pellets later, they never gave me any trouble.. Both exhibit the accuracy you’ve shown here….There’s a nice Skeleton stocked Compact on the YF right now.

Thanks man, I’ll post a pic next time to proove that it really goes to 100m 😉

Wow, that’s an awesome shooting range! Oh, and sweet shooting and Cricket too!

This is what I did to mark the magazines, white is where you put the mag in, red means it is the last bullet, pretty clever and works like a charm

And here is my bag, it can be carried as a backpack with a chest strap and is very discreet

Viewing 11 replies - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)

1 2 3 10 11 12
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.