cricket regulator adjusting using pin method question

Home Forums BullPups Kalibrgun cricket regulator adjusting using pin method question

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    octavius
    Participant

I wonder If I would take one washer how max pressure I could set??? But I don´t do it because I have any reg tester :biggrinn: Still is inconceivable why they installed 17 discs for cal.22 ?? Even that for cal.25 it makes sens but for cal.22 ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you don’t have a tester it hard to experiment with different settings.
    Not sure with your gun what the max will be, they all differ slight.
    But it should be about 130 bar max with 16 disc, any higher the reg will not close.

With 17 disc at 880 fps is that at the peck hammer spring setting ?
    What it the max speed you can get with your present reg setting ?

~ Greg

octavius
    Participant

Greg, today after work I will check maximum what I can get?

and

what you meant this? “With 17 disc at 880 fps is that at the peck hammer spring setting ?”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can you get a higher speed by increasing the hammer spring tension ?
    If so what is the max speed with 18g ?

Can you achieve 930-940 fps with 18g ?

~ Greg

octavius
    Participant

I don´t remember right now. I will check but what I don´t think I can get 930-935fps it will be less…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    quote octavius:

I don´t remember right now. I will check but what I don´t think I can get 930-935fps it will be less…

If so, you need 17 disc in your reg !
    I would leave it in Jan.
    If you take one out I don’t think you can achieve 880 fps max it would be less.

~ Greg

octavius
    Participant

…and what about other crickets .22 which have 16 discs ? They did not need higher pressure?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s the disc/washers, some sets are stiffer and some not.

~ Greg

octavius
    Participant

aha understand now 🙂 they used maybe different washers and were necessary use more washers to archive desired pressure.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I think KalibrGun try’s to set the regs at 125 bar.
    If it doesn’t close/work they add one more disc, easier and faster for them instead for matching discs for each reg.

It’s also better to be on the high side of the peak curve and tune down hammer spring, more air efficient that way.
    If you’re on the low side of the peck curve and try to tune up with the hammer spring you will lose air efficiency.

On some 22 cal, if the valve spring setting is at 1-2 turns and have 17 discs.
    Sometime they can remove one disc and reduce the valve spring to 1/4-1/2 turn, some even enlarge the transfer port to make up for the extra speed they need.
    But not all, it seems to depends on the max speed need if it’s 880 fps or any much higher ?

~ ATVB ~ Greg

octavius
    Participant

Thanks Greg for explanation it makes sense. 🙂 Today I have busy to test max velocity. Tomorrow I test it and I will let you know.
    But what I know now every regulator have tendency sit down and after one or two years is necessary check if pressure is not dropped.

octavius
    Participant

Hi Greg. I got maximum 275mps with jsb heavy. Do you think may I slightly add more pressure on the regulator ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you like to shoot at 880 fps = 268mps I’d leave it there that is about where mines is set.
    It better to be slightly higher on the reg and tune down slightly with the hammer spring it’s more air efferent that way.

There’s another good reason to have 17 disc instead of 16.
    The regulators piston moves back and forth less with 17 disc, less ware on the 2 small O-rings inside. :mrgreen:

~ Greg

octavius
    Participant

Thanks Greg for replay. And what about valve spring setting? I had set it at 1/4 turn after contact. Do you think would I increase pressure lets say add 1/2 turn ? (together 3/4 turn after contact) It’s worth ?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    quote octavius:

Thanks Greg for replay. And what about valve spring setting? I had set it at 1/4 turn after contact. Do you think would I increase pressure lets say add 1/2 turn ? (together 3/4 turn after contact) It’s worth ?

To get right on 880 fps, adding about 1/2 turn will lower your speed by about 20 fps = 6 mps.

So your new adjusted max will be at 275 mps – 6 mps = 269 mps = 882 fps.

It’s easier than adjusting the reg without a tester, which is more sensitive to adjusting then the valve spring.
    If your crony and shooting is good I would leave it where it is.
    Besides, it’s easier to just decrease the hammer tension a bit.

Jan,
    Is there someone in Europe that makes and sells regulator tester for the Cricket ?
    You need one since you like to tune your gun.

~ Greg

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.