Q:

Cricket indexing problems…….

This was posted on YouTube on Jan 2nd and reveals the complexity of the Cricket indexing system. Apparently the poster has problems with his Cricket as the mag does not rotate the way it should….

I hope I shall never have to dismantle this part of my Cricket, – it looks scary….:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBVMlD8QLm0&list=UUsFh5E3BdkKfbojk5g_s2lw&index=1

Cheers
Trygve 😀

Kalibrgun

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

1 2

Bear in mind Edguns were made in russia then made in CZ or someplace else, i cant remember, prob for the same reason exporting guns from russia is a nightmare with a max 2 joules limit for hammer spring guns its almost impossible to even assemble them without exceeding this .
If the guns are made in 2 different places fair enough but i would be surprised if it wasnt just the same as Edguns and the manufactoring or at least the assembly was moved completly to avoid problems and there is not to different sources for them.
Also its sooo easy to get a new hamer spring for an airgun any spring company will sell you them just find one online they have 4 mesurments length, width, coils per inch, wire diameter…. typicaly you cant up width length or coils per inch but you can up wire diameter and material
(we send the springs to Ed for Edguns from the uk it took me less than 30 mins online to find them )

quote Mrnewbie:

Mostly a post for Zoco, but interesting info.

http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25666

This turned into a very informative thread..a few new guys and a couple Cricket shot strings.

What I found intersting is a small part of one of the new guys posts.
The statement went something like this..(not exact)

(Crickets made in Russia and those made in Cz don’t have the same hammer spring.)

This could explain the diff adjustments of the hammer preload screw on some of the Cricket guns. I KNOW this has been a big concern to a few that have those guns…thinking something was wrong.

Just something to think about and have a look at !!

I’ve read it thanks……. 😉

Hence my request for people to measure their springs………

If you compare the strings shot from new guns with JSB 18s, they vary a lot between them and hsp type/size may as you suggest have to do with it… 😉

Mostly a post for Zoco, but interesting info.

http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25666

This turned into a very informative thread..a few new guys and a couple Cricket shot strings.

What I found intersting is a small part of one of the new guys posts.
The statement went something like this..(not exact)

(Crickets made in Russia and those made in Cz don’t have the same hammer spring.)

This could explain the diff adjustments of the hammer preload screw on some of the Cricket guns. I KNOW this has been a big concern to a few that have those guns…thinking something was wrong.

Just something to think about and have a look at !!

quote lyndon2472:

you have a pm sir.

Thanks, – replied to it right now ! 😉

you have a pm sir.

I have no idea how to check out my old posts on this forum its a different format to all UK forums and indeed all forums i have ever been on .
I did however give one person on here a full blown no holds bar,d comparison of the edgun and the cricket in a private message , at the time i owned a Cricket and was working for a friend selling Edguns, hence my reason for not comparing them in an open forum. I may have mentioned my cocking and loading system concerns during that message and not in an open post you have my appologies, in my defence im on 4-5 airgun forums and they all blend in to one after a while.
I will see if i still have the outgoing message and forward it to you .

quote lyndon2472:

If you check out some of my older posts i mentioned months ago that the cricket cocking and magazine system was terrible , looks like a 4 year old has been let loose with a blow torch it ginds and you need three hands to load it. i had a cricket well over 18 months ago before most if not all the people on this forum . its the biggest let down on an other wise well thought out and well executed rifle

Lyndon, – I can’t find those posts you mention……..???

All I can find is your comments about EDgun and Cricket and that you were not allowed to compare etc. But nothing related to cocking/mag system….

Link please ???? 😀

Cheers Trygve

If you check out some of my older posts i mentioned months ago that the cricket cocking and magazine system was terrible , looks like a 4 year old has been let loose with a blow torch it ginds and you need three hands to load it. i had a cricket well over 18 months ago before most if not all the people on this forum . its the biggest let down on an other wise well thought out and well executed rifle

octavius you have messed up my whole day 👿 I much prefer to picture you as your avatar than some scraggly hairy chested, pot bellied,smelly old fucker setting in a dark room all by yourself looking at a ten inch computer moniter chain smoking and scratching your balls….. 😯 😯 😕 😀 😀

So if you don’t mind I’m just going to keep you pictured as that “hot gun packen chick from Europe”……

😆 guys are you crazy 😀 It is only avatar no more. ok?
I found it like zocoloco and put it into the avatar 🙂

Now cost cricket in Czech & Slovak 1240,- € 😡 crazy

Hell “octavius” I thought that avatar really was you 🙁 and you didn’t even know what kind of rifles you had 😯 Trygve he could be one good looking cross dresser and you can stay straight 🙂 🙂 After some of your posted photo’s no need to switch hit 😀 😀 😀

quote Mater:

Hey octavius , if thats you in the avatar you can ply with my edgun as much as you want 😮

Lol….. 😀

Hi Mater, – and welcome onboard !

I have been following the SA-forum for a while. This is one of the threads:

http://109.73.169.19/showthread.php?t=30754&page=8

You have loads of interesting threads down there, – what I don’t like is when the “Boer” in you starts to surface. Very difficult to understand…. 😥

Now to Octavius’s avatar: I doubt very much he is in the picture. BUT if he is, I’ll seriously consider turning gay…..:

The original picture was posted on the Russian EDgun forum some time back, -and was partly the reason why I ordered two guns at the same time… 😉

And Octavius, – I know you are also on the Czech forums. Please keep us updated on any news from that side……..

Thanks….

Trygve 😀

Cricket will be more expensive on January 2013 as first batch in December 2012 😡

+1 …1Oldguy2

Hey octavius , if thats you in the avatar you can ply with my edgun as much as you want 😮

No, I do not have edgun unfortunately 🙁 We will see how many broken indexing occurs…

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

1 2
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.