Skip to toolbar

Corsair+ 7mm with 1-10 twist barrel (TJ barrel liner)

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns Corsair+ 7mm with 1-10 twist barrel (TJ barrel liner)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tofazfou
    Participant

More to come soon but……………………..

The 1st outing with the Corsair+ 7mm was very positive. As some might remember, the gun was due for and upgraded barrel even though it just got a new barrel….lol! The switch went from a TJ 7mm barrel of 1-14 twist to a TJ 7mm barrel with 1-10″ twist. Even though i’m shooting sorta light bullets in the caliber, the bullets are long. The 7mm 130’s are about as long as many of the 308 cal 150+ gr bullets.

The bullet of choice out of the 4 I have are the 120+ gr LBT fp’s. These are the bullets I’ve been rooting for and they came through. Oh yeah, and so did my machinist Doug Noble.

More to come so………

STAY TUNED!

Tofazfou

maw
    Participant

About time for another video, 110 and less than an inch. Good Shootin Pardner.

tofazfou
    Participant

Thanks MAW. I can’t wait to get the reg setup for my SCBA tank. Hoping groups shrink by a ton.

jerry
    Participant

Showoff! :biggrinn:

knifemaker
    Participant

No Kidd’n Jerry! Right!!!?

bebtm
    Participant

Barrel length and fps for the three shots above please. Thx

steveinla
    Participant

Sweet!

tofazfou
    Participant

BEBTM,

This gun is PURE HUNTING built. I can get 2 shots back to back within only a few FPS. The 3rd shot really drops by like 40+ fps. But I don’t care about the 3rd shot dropping like that cause I fully understand the build of the gun. The start of a good shot count is in the size of the airtube or bottle. This gun has a puny airtube. For longrange plinking and target shooting, the gun gets TETHERD so shot count doesn’t matter. For hunting purposes, I have 2 shots that are dead on, after that, If I still missed, I SUCK not the gun….lol!

The barrel is 30″ long and it shoots 120 gr HP’s at 890 fps when tethered at 3000 psi

knifemaker
    Participant

Just like Ma Bell. Long Range-The Next Best Thing to Being there! 😈 😉

Knife

powderburner
    Participant

WOW Tof , now thats a good looking gun right there, and shoots too.!!!

tofazfou
    Participant

Thanx PB.

I really hoping to get part 2 of the 7mm video filmed soon. I’m trying some 20-1 cast bullets now instead of pure lead. I’ve got some unanswered questions/problems with my favorite 7mm mold and i’m hoping the 20-1 helps with this issue.

If so, I expect groups to shrink.

so stay tuned!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.