Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Corsair+ 7mm "TEASER" (431 yards) – VIDEO

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns Corsair+ 7mm "TEASER" (431 yards) – VIDEO

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    tofazfou
    Participant

This is a “SMALL” video update on the Corsair 7mm since I carbon fiber sleeved the barrel. Hence the title named TEASER. A full future long range video is soon to be filmed and produced. This adventure was cut short as i was having some technical difficulties with many of the slugs in the field with no way to correct it till I returned home. Casting bullets is a real learning experience and there will be more info shared in the near future (i was experimenting with mixtures). But this TEST will be redone and probably at a longer range. Needless to say, i’m quite happy with what I was able to achieve before I shot this target and after. I managed to shoot 1\4″-5\16″ 75 yard group earlier and this was after testing different hold techniques on this gun. Again, more info to come.

Stay Tuned!

Tofazfou

Jens
    Participant

I bow my head for your shooting on that range, and not only…
    That rifle of yours is really beautiful. The carbon fiber structure perfectly adds up to the structure of the wood used for the stock.
    Impressed, really.

tofazfou
    Participant

Thank you kind sir. I really appreciate the compliment.

Stay tuned for more

Jens
    Participant

You bet, I will. I can only learn. Thanks to you for sharing all your knowledge.

lambertus
    Participant

Very nice results, congrats!

How much clearing do you still have between barrel and airtube?

Compliments of my dad as well, showed him the way to your youtube channel,

tofazfou
    Participant

maybe a HEAVY 32nd or a light 16th”

But its clear all the way up

lambertus
    Participant

That’s not much, but it’ll do i hope. 🙂

No notable POI shifts with different fill pressures?

tofazfou
    Participant

Lam,

Yes sir, with this gun, when you go up or down 100 psi +-, you DO notice a POI shift. These guns have no return spring and they are set up to make the MAX amount of power as per the guns design.

With it being a SIMPLE QB design, it would be pretty EASY for a machinist to REMAKE you or anyone else a receiver. They are simple. In other words, you can have someone make you a custom receiver as TALL as you want so you can add a full shroud.

lambertus
    Participant

Do you know if the POI shift is because of the airflow via the valve or because the airtube is flexing and touching the barrel?

Some Corsairs, those of the first series, did have a valve return spring.
    Mine sn. 0065 hasn’t got one, like yours.

I’ll keep my Corsair original, no need for a shroud on the range here. 🙂

wmyend
    Participant

Tofaz, where did you get the rabbit target? Would be nice find a prairie dog target just like it too!

tofazfou
    Participant

LOL……i literally stole it from my hunting buddy Paul. He promised to make both of us one but he only made himself one. When he came to shoot with me, he brought HIS rabbit and i begged him so that he felt like crap for not making mine. SO HE GENEROUSLY GAVE ME THIS ONE………lol! Ahhhh, remember guys, BIG PUPPYDOG TEARS WORKS FROM MAN TO MAN TOO……lol!

This is the last known pic of paul with HIS rabbit before it disappeared. LMAO, he is gonna destroy me when he or if he sees these pics…….lol!

ITS CUSTOM MADE!

knifemaker
    Participant

Will those puppydog tears work for molds too? 😥 :rofl:

LOL!!! 🙂 Got a Lyman 420 mold in. Thinking of sending it to
    Eric first of mo. Have a question though.

Knife

tofazfou
    Participant

No sir…………….NO SIR they do not….. :rofl:

knifemaker
    Participant

Dayummmmmmmmmm—-it! Grrr!!! 😳 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.