Condor SS- Difficulty cocking

Home Forums AirForce Condor/Condor SS Condor SS- Difficulty cocking

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    charliew
    Participant

Not yet, still waiting on Anthony’s hammer and adj tophat. Also R&L dropped the ball twice on a 24 inch barrel. I’ve got the altaros reg and a maddog ultima stock waiting but I will probably go through all the trigger group parts and the power wheel and spring/hammer/breech cover to see what needs shining up. I’m interested in learning why the trigger guard flexes down and stays there when you let the trigger off. That may need a stiffer cover plate. I’ll probably polish both barrels where the hammer and breech rides. And probably shine the bores better with jb compound a little. I think I have the fittings I need to get my compressor going. I have a heat gun. If I heat the tank collar to 200 degrees will that screw the paint up to remove the valve and install the regulator? I may try to unscrew the valve without heating it to avoid damaging the delrin seal. I will remove the oring inside the brass nut for the tophat. That looks to be pretty tedious in itself. I thought about practicing on the co2 adapter first. What I have noticed is the co2 adapter tophat is out farther and there is a slight snugness when you close the breech cover so that tophat is out a little to far I’m guessing. It seems like the breech would just flop around if it wasn’t a little snug though. I gotta make the tool that fits the collar on the tank to turn it I guess if I can’t find a tool I already have on hand like maybe a adjustable spanner. I put the co2 adapter on the gun to work the hammer/trigger and breech and the hammer hangs in the forward position about 1.250 inches in front of the breech. I’ll probably go ahead and take it apart. I’m tired of guessing and looking at it.

charliew
    Participant

Ok the post above was when I didn’t know what I didn’t know. Especially about the tank collar. I thought it was threaded into the frame not threaded on the tank valve. No wrench needed. The hard cocking is another long story. Today I called Tony and Rachel at airforce airguns.com about what I found. Rachel said there was no one available in the engineering dept so I told her what I found. I hate getting second hand info on a techanical problem but that is what it is. They might use contract engineers instead of inhouse engineers.

I will start a new thread so it might be easier to find but the threads above are relevant.

dougfla123
    Participant

How did you break your trigger down to fix your problem cocking your Condor? Is there a video or a written procedure?

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.