Q:

Competition Electronics Pro Chronograph

Many of you are probably thinking to buy a chronograph. You certainly need one if you want to know what your gun is doing. I had a shooting chrony beta model (supposedly an upgrade). It was a piece of junk. Their customer service was even worse. I replaced the sc junk with a ProChrono Digital model and have been happy I did. The chrony didn’t read the shots very well, often displaying the error message. If the lighting was not perfect it displayed the error message. Its user interface is difficult to use; it’s not intuitive. It only went to ten shots per string and then it would drop previous shots. What a piece of junk!

My Pro Chrono rarely ever throws the error message. It displays a shot string up to 99 shots! Its user interface is very easy to use. It can connect to your computer if you buy the extra cable. I highly recommend this chronograph. The one improvement I made was to place a piece of clear packing tape over the sensor wells to keep dust and debris out. I have been using it for years and it still works great!

Steve

…and it’s Made in the USA!!!

General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Yes Doug, Lurker said it well. I haven’t heard it put that way either, but it gets the point across well.

quote LURKER #1:

As long as I have the bad or broken I have paid for the right to complain and/or condem. And I will 😈

I certainly find that to be a very profound statement!
Ya gotta love it, you can take it a couple different ways,,,,, Is the glass half full, and at least I can rightfully complain about it. Or half empty, and all I got is something to complain about. L.oL!!!!!
Either way, its a great statement that I am going to remember, and one way I will use to weigh the merits of the opinions expressed by others…
People will always complain about something but just because they do, doesnt mean something doesnt suck!!!!!!! Ha! :2cents:

That is a really great statement….. Or maybe its just my friday afternoon martini lunch break with the boss today? :suprisedn:

That’s very cool. Well sports fans, if you are looking for a chronograph, check out the Caldwell ballistic precision premium iit.

That’s a powerful feature to be able to create specific pellet formats for individual pellets and their different weights. For a target shooter, that is invaluable information.

(Gee I’m glad I started this thread.)

Steve

No, haven’t shot or knocked over the Caldwell Yet :mrgreen:

It has invisible IR LED light bars that have a visible red LED on one end so you know it’s on.
I thought they were broke until I read the manual :rofl:
It works through an APP on iPhone Or Android.
Actually hooks up to audio jack, cable provided.
I wish it were Blue tooth but works great when I push the plug all the way in.
Very durable light bars, not broken like my shooting chrony.
I think Ive recorded up to 88 shots but it goes higher.
I create special pellet formats for various pellets and at different sorted weights
I have 35 such custom template formats already.
It also records the current temperature and barometric pressure.
Etc. etc. and you can share via SMS or email.

Hi Lurker,
I agree. I paid my money and got screwed, so I bitch too. We share our experiences so others will have information. I’m sorry to hear that Competition Electronics didn’t take care of you. My ProChrono hasn’t had an issue so I haven’t needed to deal with them. Have you contacted Caldwell for anything?

How were they?

Would you like to explain what you enjoy about your Caldwell chronograph? I’d like to hear about the positives and I am sure others would too.

Thanks for posting your experiences. This is how we help each other.

R, Steve

I agree that the shooting chrony is not user friendly.
When my pro chrono got knocked over and quit working I called them and they didn’t seem interested in me sending it in. They can likewise KMA.
I now enjoy using a caldwell ballistic precision premium iit.

So take my comments for what they are, one users experiences.
Some day I will give away my cast offs with thorough explainations but not here and not now so don’t ask.
As long as I have the bad or broken I have paid for the right to complain and/or condem. And I will 😈

Mrnewbie, how did it get here? I thought I put this in the general chat section. Oopps!!! Thanks for catching that.
(I hate when that happens.)

Then it does not belong in the FOR SALE section.

I am not selling CE products. I replaced a shitty sc beta with the ProCgrono Digital model chronograph and I am encouraging others to not waste their time and money on a frustrating design. Sure the sc is cheaper, but the error messages and difficulty of use isn’t worth it. If you are thinking to buy a chronograph, spend a few more bucks and buy something you’ll be happy. sc’s customer no service is the turd on top of the pile.

I wouldn’t sell you my misfortune. Garbage belongs in the trash can, not to be passed on to someone else to become their problem.

When we begin this air gun journey, we don’t want to spend too much money on a “BB gun”. However, as we go along we spend more and more. You will have your chronograph a long time as you step up and buy better and better guns. Spend the extra $20-$30…$100 now and be happy about it later. Not just your chronograph, but your scopes, tanks, fill equipment, pellets, gun rest/sand bag. All this stuff. Buying twice is much more expensive. If you have read this far, you’re hooked! Enjoy it…make the most of it. As air gunners, this is a great time. Our equipment has never been this good. Lucky us.

Cheers! Steve

Are you selling your CED or are you looking to get rid of the Shooting Chrony Beta?
How much?

They also have a bluetooth module that allows you to view info and control it from your iphone/android device. very handy.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.