Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Coltri project

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps Coltri project

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    mjp
    Participant

Back on track again, mill spindle needed some servicing so that was the holdup, conrod ready, now just need to make the piston and we are ready for season start finally.

Marko

mjp
    Participant

Finally some progress, got the piston done today :8:

mjp
    Participant

And it all fits like it should. :biggrinn:

Marko

cyknife
    Participant
    quote MJP:

For being cheap but having lots of tools this might be the best solution for me,

Bought Davy filter tower and dryer from Shanghai. Comes with repackable filter and safety valve. Fittings and bleed valves and gauge included.
    For me this hits the bill on cheap compressor, 193$ shipped on dhl express. I’m going to hydro test the towers for my own peace of mind and fitting quality bolts on the safety valve, just a precaution that doesn’t really cost anything.
    Marko

Can you give an assesment of those filter/dryer quality wise?

mjp
    Participant

Yeah sure.
    Quality is ok(ish) you just need to deburr the O-ring grooves for they are very sharp and will eventually cut the rings.
    Did hold ok in hydro test, no drama and no deformation of any kind.
    Filter is a bit small considering how much molecularsieve it holds but other than that its ok.

Marko

mjp
    Participant

So this saga continues, stopped making pressure again. Well number three rings didnt hold too long, changed material and now am waiting for new valve springs to arrive.
    Hopefully I can get the parts asap and get the pump going again.

Marko

guykuo
    Participant

Marko, such persistence! Glad you enjoy the work as much as we like seeing it.

mjp
    Participant

Thanks guykuo, well its nice to be able to make what is needed. But sometimes its frustrating. Now waiting for the springs.

Marko

rcontrera
    Participant
    quote MJP:

Thanks guykuo, well its nice to be able to make what is needed. But sometimes its frustrating. Now waiting for the springs.

Marko

LOL! When you can’t take it anymore, remember that that compressor is on sale right now for only $2700! I think you have more than that tied up in your time. :biggrinn:

mjp
    Participant

Well Ray, time I have but money not so much. 😐
    Actually now that I started going to University I dont have time either. Springs are waiting on my desk at the moment.

Marko

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.