Q:

Cocking lever does not cock anymore

I hope everybody is doing well. This is my first post in a long time.
I have not quite shooting my Talon but I did pick up more rifle, pistol, and archery shooting for the last several years. In fact, I probably put 4000 rounds of 9mm last year as I was working on my tactical accuracy and speed skills.

I own a Talon SS that for some reason does not cock now. When I push the cocking lever forward you not hear or feel the normal click.

Is there anything I can do or do I need to ship it in for repair. Anybody had this problem before.

If this only something the factory can do or could Anthony repair this.

I discovered this problem as a friend has a major skunk infestation on his property and I couldn’t kill the 6 skunks that were about 25 yards shooting at night. Then I discovered that 2 pellets had lodged in the barrel and I cleared that problem out today but it still will not cock unless I pull back on the safety lever for each shot and then it works. But doing that for each shot would be a pain.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jeff

General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Don’t take this as being a smart ass. The funniest part of this is the part about is that something Tony can fix or do I need to send it to the factory. The factory will never touch my gun.

While you are in there give the sear spring a bit of a stretch. It will put more force on the sear and should cock after that.

No I like the trigger 🙂 hhehe

You’re right….safety.

I think lurker means, remove the safety not the trigger. 😉

Take the plate off the bottom of the trigger assembly, clean everything with a Q-tip, check all the springs are in place and work well. Make sure you have the springs positioned correctly. Be careful when you take the cover plate off, hold it steady, those springs underneath can jump out from under it easily.

I sprayed some silicone lube on the hammer through the upper slot in front of the cocking knob, it ran down into my trigger assembly and my gun wouldn’t cock afterwards. Never figured that one out but cleaning the trigger assembly fixed it. You might want to remove that trigger while you’re there as well. It’s a POS anyway.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.