Chrono? Pact2? Good purchase?

Home Forums AirForce General Chat Chrono? Pact2? Good purchase?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dougroundup
    Participant

Hello guys,
    Getting started here and I have an opprotunity to purchase my bosses used chrono. I am wondering if his Pact 2 is a good machine for airguns. I know my boss useually spares no expense with his toys . This one has all kinds of option and every bell and whistle. Similiarly I also know that because he always goes big that at times it isnt the best value but just the most expensive and not the best choice for limited applications. He wants $300 with extra screens tripod remote ir control , remote printer , balistic calculator, memory storage ect…….
    Is it too much , too expensive or should I bite?

bogman
    Participant

Doug, it sounds kinda high in price, unless you really want the peripherals. I use a ProChrono, by competition electronics. you can get one for $122.00 or less, if you shop around http://www.midwayusa.com/product/852429/competition-electronics-prochrono-digital-chronograph

While it’s printer compatible, I just write down the string data when I’m done. Easier to keep a note pad in your pocket than haul a printer around. You can take the sky screen off on cloudy days. Very few error readings.

A lot of people here have shot their chrony! Stack some thick wood slabs in front or something. sure, it’s harder to see the display, but a ventilated display is worse.

leadlofter
    Participant

I have the prochrono and I’m glad I got it. Easy to use and works very well. Sets up in a minute.

john-in-texas
    Participant
    quote bogman:

Doug, it sounds kinda high in price, unless you really want the peripherals. I use a ProChrono, by competition electronics. you can get one for $122.00 or less, if you shop around

I caught mine on sale for $99 on sale at midway. There’s often a $10 off deal or sale price going on at midway. I just missed a sweet deal on a reloading press I want.

John

dougroundup
    Participant

Yeah, I am glad I have not fully committed. While he has several screens the IR options, a pretty darn nice tripod and the printer is a nice accessory that I really would like to have. I think its all a bit too much for my use. He doesnt seem as if he is really offering the kindest of deals.I have read some not so great experiences with the Pact 2. I am sure that he had probably invested easily as much with everything included. I would say that it seems that he is expecting to recoup too much of his orignal investment, maybe he isnt realistic, considering its a discontinued product and the depreciation and fact that is second hand. I have come to the conclusion that perhaps he isnt giving any special consideration or such a killer deal, as he remains firm on his price.
    I am leaning towards the CED units I have been reading about.
    We all have our own funny and quirky ways about us,,, myself no exception at all…..
    MY BOSS IS SO QUIRKY… its funny at times how generously he can give away valuable and useful personal items. How high he will jump to help another ……and then the sharp contrast as he can change up in an instant and squeak by so tight as he scrooges and nitpicks over the most petty mundane things, agonizing on how to get one over on the other competitor……
    Regardless, I gotta love a boss who loves shooting more than I do… and I do appreciate working for him and the opprotunities he has given me! 😆 :2:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.