Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

CAUTION My Mrodair Compressor Experience

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps CAUTION My Mrodair Compressor Experience

This topic contains 64 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  guykuo 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author

bob-la-londe

I am aware of what carries what. I am not concerned about the cut off carrying the current. I am concerned about the collapsing magnetic field of the relay coil creating an arc in the cut off ruining the contacts over time. I am less concerned about the contacts in the relay because it is easily replaceable. Its the same standard foot print as lot of other relay modules. In fact I am using an Allen Bradley relay block because the block it came with was destroyed.

I know if the the compressor gets much use the contactor will go bad eventually. I’ve replaced a fair number of motor contactors over the years. Although this one I am using is used it does work better than the one that was on the compressor.

I do stuff like this all the time with mag locks and electric strikes. We protect the relay contacts with diodes for DC applications and MOVs for AC applications.

FYI: Low current AC switching does not tend to arc as badly as DC switching, and in some cases can be fairly self cleaning like in a household light switch. I just like to build things to last forever.

guykuo
    Participant

Would the MOV’s be wired in parallel with the coils?
    What rating would you go with?

bob-la-londe

I always have to look it up or in the case of AC strikes they usually come with one. Actually I haven’t used an AC strike in years (maybe a decade or more). Most are DC now.

~~~

Well, I just finished making the mounting bracket to keep my air drier vertical and mounted it. A few moments ago I ran the compressor under load for the very first time. It got up to about 2200 PSI, there was a small arc flash from under the top panel somewhere, and the compressor shut down. I started to do some quick diagnostics, and pulled the spade terminals off the main power switch. One of the pins just pulled out of the switch. I don’t know if that was the problem, but I felt I better come over here and sit down at my desk for a moment before I got pissed off and attacked it with a screw driver.

bob-la-londe

Bypassed the switch (just for testing purposes) and it works. I went ahead and ran the compressor upto about 3500 PSI (same pressure as my tank was at) and then opened the tank valve. The o-ring around the base of the fitting with what looks like a check valve on their drier / bleeder assembly blew out. I took the fitting out, and it looks like the o-ring was sliced during assembly. There were shreds of it down thru the threads. I’m not sure how that was accomplished except maybe if the o-ring was just slapped on the top of the block and the fitting was shot down thru it. It was also assembled dry. There is no sign of any silicone grease.

My tank is now at 3300 PSI. We are going backwards here.

berky

:suprisedn: Unbelievable! Can you imagine the fellows out there who bought these with no skills what so ever and are having issues.

I also notice Mrod has been absent in just about all of these compressor discussions on all boards. Unacceptable behavior!

bob-la-londe

Well, the o-ring in the fitting it screws into was smashed all out of shape as well. I just replaced that.

Then I finally ran the compressor and actually increased the PSI in my tank.

I read all the reviews saying it wouldn’t run on a 20 AMP circuit. I figured I’ld give it the benefit of the doubt since my shop has all 20 amp circuits that are properly wired. I know. I installed them all. It started tripping the breaker at around 3600 PSI. To give it the best chance possible I reset it three times and it got up to about 3800 PSI.

It will not run on a 20A 115V circuit to full pressure. Fortunately I do already have a 30 AMP outlet installed. Unfortunately its on the outside of the shop for plugging in an RV. I never park and RV out there anymore, so I may just plumb it into the shop. I sure don’t want to leave my compressor outside.

guykuo
    Participant

I just inspected the components of my water separator and high pressure cylinder outlet valve.
    Wasn’t pretty.

My o-ring is even more chewed up. Tons of contamination in the bead media. Corrosion on some threads nearly seized the parts together.

http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=34635&p=357144#p357144

dan-h

I emailed ,and called over and over …these Mrodair guys on gun’s /compressor never heard any thing back from them ….

cool ! ……they did me a favor ! instead of buying his p12 … I bought a Gladius .25 that gun shoots a hole through a hole 50 yards out …. this weekend I was shooting shot gun shells that were stood up on end at will at 75 yards JSB 25.39 G KINGS I could not miss ….. ya know I don’t know if I just got lucky with this gun … but I really got a thank those guy’s at Mrodair air for ignoring the hell out of me ! thanks guy’s if it weren’t for you I wouldn’t have this sweet shooting bad ass new gun ! COOL ! … :rofl:

then I contacted a compressor company off of AliExpress …. and what did I find ? OH the same looking compressor identical to Mrodair… now get this I emailed them all the way to China , :rofl: ,, AND ALL THE WAY FROM CHINA they emailed me back with in minutes .. :rofl: . and I kept asking questions night after night they would always email me back with in minutes ! NO JOKING ! and-
    I ended up with some cool China chick that runs their customer service she gave me a 1 year warranty , and even gave me a bulk deal of just $650 per unit if ordering 10 units shipped … these units have select psi shut off just like mrodairs up-grade compressor $$$$ . 😆 …she also through in a dead copy of the diabolo air moisture filter for the exit line for extra $60..it looks just like the one from AOA …. now she also stated that she could provide , any and all replacement parts for these compressors …… now to buy just 1 compressor she gave me a deal of $ 990 shipped with the air moisture filter included …. now they also stated that [2 different sellers one Windy …one James] that you really have to run these on 220 or they run slower according to them …and you have to run a 30 amp breaker using a single 115 … they just run more correctly on 220

so if I were going to buy one of these I would buy from Windy Zhang from China just look at their feedback it’s way better than Mrodair :rofl:

way cheaper than Mrodair with a filter that cost close to $ 200 at AOA = around $1600 shipped from here in the states …. or $990 direct from China with fantastic customer service 😉 …maybe we should do a group buy ? ..$710 plus shipping a second time to each person .. here is the link

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/300bar-4500psi-high-pressure-portable-pcp-electric-air-compressor-car-air-compressor-and-PCP-air-pump/32616533484.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.10.c95T7Z&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9,searchweb201602_2_10017_10005_10006_10034_10021_507_10033_10022_10032_10020_10018_10019,searchweb201603_7&btsid=91f55bc2-4deb-4806-8a74-f1d1226d8943

bob-la-londe

I received actual tracking from Mrodair. Turns out they looked up the wrong tracking, and didn’t actually ship my parts. They sent me a photo of the current shipping label, and the carrier has actually picked it up.

dyotat100

Member on the GTA blew his up. What’s funny is he was all raving about how good it was and never said it died. He ordered a coltri and was asked what happen to his airmax. One step better but still needs a rebuilt around 100 hours. With the money spent on the 2 compressors he could have had a Bauer and it would last a life time.

Don’t understand people.

bigtinboat
    Participant
    quote Dyotat100:

Member on the GTA blew his up. What’s funny is he was all raving about how good it was and never said it died. He ordered a coltri and was asked what happen to his airmax. One step better but still needs a rebuilt around 100 hours. With the money spent on the 2 compressors he could have had a Bauer and it would last a life time.

Don’t understand people.

Yeah – and that guy is the one who owns an Air Gun Forum……..his “motto”?

“The Air Gun Forum With No Secrets”

funny he didn’t mention anything on his forum about the compressor not putting out

In fact March 8th he posted about how “fast” it was…..

http://airgunguild.com/index.php/topic,264.0.html

dyotat100

Yeah I won’t waste my time and join that forum. Don’t really like the guy.
    Funny how he bought the worst of the big compressors. Some people never learn.

bob-la-londe

Replacement parts from Mrodair arrived the other day. Haven’t really done anything else with the compressor. Will update here when I do.

dporter
    quote Bob La Londe:

I received actual tracking from Mrodair. Turns out they looked up the wrong tracking, and didn’t actually ship my parts. They sent me a photo of the current shipping label, and the carrier has actually picked it up.

Yeah, go figure, looked up wrong tracking number and was never “ACTUALLY” shipped as he claimed. I also notice since MR. Mrodair (Mike) posted how it was the customer’s fault the unit broke from him plugging it in (what a joke), he has become a mute. Question 1 is just how many units have this problem that he can’t even keep straight which replacement parts are sent out. 2nd) why did it take so long to realize the mistake (conveniently after Bob started getting attention on this thread). 3rd what happened to replying to a customer’s concerns (assuming Bob is telling the truth, which I believe he is).

Everything said on this thread has been echoed too many times elsewhere to be all lies. I was literally mere hours away from purchasing one of the Mrodair units when I talked to someone I respect greatly for his opinion. He advised me the units were crap, unsafe out of the box and would not last. I immediately called Jim Shelden @ sheldensportinggoods.com and put the same money as a down payment on one of his compressors. Since then the bottom has came from under the Mrodair foundation and post after post of poor quality equipment and customer service.

My advice to Mike (Mrodair) is if you know your product has issues then you better be on point with customer service. Many people are willing to forgive shortcomings at a price (just check the forum and you’ll see many posting where a person says “sometimes things happen but you can accept them if the company acknowledges the fault, correct and compensate for it) but only if the customer service is so great that it surpasses the headache. If you fail to either correct the product and/or the service you will loose more business than you can sustain. This is already happening as I’ve talked to 2 other members since then that vowed never to buy any of your products when we were all previously considering the compressor. The change came about from all of the customer service complaints about how you fail to reply in a timely manner to problems with your units but will respond quickly up to that point. Personally I just think you are beginning to realize that you may have bitten of more than you can chew, there is a reason there are no HPA compressors at the price point you offer. It seems to make equipment that is under such pressure it take high quality parts and manufacturing and if you buy less than that you MUST upgrade and sometimes fabricate parts to bring up to par. After that is done you’ve increased the cost to something less than the economy buy you try to offer. Trust me when I say the people sounding off against your product are very influential in this arena not because of mere status but because they know their “SHYT”. Because of that many will listen and already have. The last thing you want is that things get so bad with customer service that you gain a nickname like “NEMrodair” 😯 or something like that (you never get rid of those nicknames).

In closing, I feel like I owe the person that steered me away from Mrodair $100 of the $400 he MOST likely saved me. Thanks Godfather!

dporter

Supporting evidence: Customer Service can be a deal maker/breaker when products fail to deliver!

http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=34743

http://talonairgun.com/forum/search.php?keywords=pyramyd+%2B+customer+service

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar