Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Carette 4500 PSI Compressor Report

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps Carette 4500 PSI Compressor Report

This topic contains 175 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  guykuo 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)
  • Author

jungle

Yes, I checked the fan is running 100% and meanwhile I added a small anti freeze reserve bottle. I found that it was almost impossible to get rid of air bubbles perfectly without a reserve tank. The crankcases are still touchable when running but still hot like a hot coffee cup.
    The good news is no broken breather yet after another 3 hours on the compressor.
    If anyone wants to add an alpha filter with the carette and want to fill the gun directly from the compressor, then should add another bleed valve on the alpha for extra cost as guykuo mentioned on this thread earlier. I missed it when I purchased my carette. So no direct fill to guns for me.
    Crossing my fingers for my carette to run without any more drama.
    I will report later on how my carette is doing.

jungle

22 hour run report on my carette.
    I changed oil again after 10 hour run since it darkened pretty bad. Another seize in the crank case and I pulled the belt manually to free up the piston. Second seize up and got me wondered again. I changed an oring to a viton on the breather neck, it is still one piece. I cant tell if it was an oring issue or the breather itself though.
    Other than that, as mentioned above my carette is on 22 hr and running to fill a tank.
    Also I really think a small coolant reserve tank should be a standard also feature on all carette.

humdinger
    Participant

If you are still using the original oil supplied with the compressor then run it with no load for a few minutes to warm up the oil Drain out the oil completely by tilting the compressor in the direction of the oil window. Buy Secolube 500 from Filtertechs.com, Bauer 0019, or Royal Purple Synfilm 100 compressor oi. Your compressor is probably overheating and seizing up from using an improper type of oil. The recommended compressor oils do not darken or seize up the pistons between runs. Do not use any oil that came in an relabeled container regardless of who supplied it.

jungle

I am using Bauer Compressor OIL-0024 Compressor Oil (Synthetic) in my carette. Maybe that is not the right one? I used the oil that was provided with carette at first then stop using after first 5 hours. Also draining oil when warm up.
    Less fume for sure with bauer oil, but not sure for long running time. Just saw bauer oil got darkened after about 10 hrs. I will change when darkened and check out other oil types listed.

humdinger
    Participant

Bauer 0024 is premium compressor oil. Changing oil won’t solve the problem if you’re already using this quality compressor oil already.
    It sounds like you have a warranty issue. I’d contact the distributor for service or a warranty repair. After the initial 5 hour break in, oil normally does not blacken in a Carette unless something unusal is going on inside the compressor. The melting breather caps indicates a high temperature condition in the crankcase caused by who knows what. Has it made any different sounds while it is running?

jungle

I really love to hear your opinions on the oil.
    I just spoked to Joe and the oil was the first thing he pointed out. As humdinger mentioned, I thought Bauer 0024 oil was premium oil on compressor. Could Bauer compressor oil mess up any compressor??? Maybe this carette was designed to use their oil only and it would been nice to be told when the compressor was purchased.
    Anyway, the new oil was ordered and will report more when I put the new oil in carette.

bosunhu

Hi Jungle,

I would like to remind you when you tighten the air breather, make sure DO NOT tighten it too hard, just be very gentle tightening them.
    We had a lot(maybe almost 10 units) of feedback from customers reporting the breather “melting” which is definitely not the case.
    Sincere (the factory boss) told me that even his worker sometimes over-tighten the breather (The worker would think that kind of force will not over-tighten the breather).
    Hope you will have your Carette running perfectly in the future.

jungle

Thanks for the reminder on the air breather.
    But I did not tighten it too hard. I tightened until the oring sit and tightened slightly more. Also it was not a snap off. The surface had obvious melting mark.

Also for an update on the oil, I got a quart of oil from Joe’s and now they told me it is the same Bauer oil I have been using. Uh??? I guess you read it right. Joe told me I used wrong oil when I told him I used BAUER compressor oil in my carette then he sold me same BAUER oil??? Same iso, same sae???? I was told it is Bauer oil just got repackaged for their sale. It just did not make any sense to me.

Anyway, a few phones calls and a bottle of oil later, it is just the same and I will have to wait and see.

ramjet62
    quote jungle:

Thanks for the reminder on the air breather.
    But I did not tighten it too hard. I tightened until the oring sit and tightened slightly more. Also it was not a snap off. The surface had obvious melting mark.

Also for an update on the oil, I got a quart of oil from Joe’s and now they told me it is the same Bauer oil I have been using. Uh??? I guess you read it right. Joe told me I used wrong oil when I told him I used BAUER compressor oil in my carette then he sold me same BAUER oil??? Same iso, same sae???? I was told it is Bauer oil just got repackaged for their sale. It just did not make any sense to me.

Anyway, a few phones calls and a bottle of oil later, it is just the same and I will have to wait and see.

beware of JB /Airgunscientist’s BS tactics . I am well aware of his tactics

rhew

SEND THE COMPRESSOR BACK.the oil getting dark is a big problem .I have a 20+yr. old MAKO 4 STAGE COMPRESSOR & the oil never get dark & it’s BAUER OIL. SEND IT BACK BEFORE YOUR WARRANTY RUNS OUT. YOUR GETTING FED BS HTH.

guykuo

Something is awry with that compressor. Shouldn’t be giving anywhere near this kind of behavior if it matches what I was testing last year.

Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar