Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Carette 4500 PSI Compressor Report

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps Carette 4500 PSI Compressor Report

This topic contains 175 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  guykuo 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 176 total)
  • Author

nalby
    Participant

Ok thanks, I guess it’s just a waiting game now

guykuo

Latest word on delivery timing….

Their motor suppliers were delayed delivering the motors for the compressors….

quote :

…..Today Sincere is going to receive the first batch of motors from Shanghai factory which is for Joe’s first order.
    And the motors from another factory in Fujian province just send out the motors yesterday. I guess after two or three days Sincere will receive them. Those are for early list buyers.

So basically, the early list buyers shall receive the compressor around 10th to 15th,April.
    And Brancato may receive the first batch around early May.

We are really sorry for all the delay.

Best Regards,
    Bosun

Hi,
    I’m from Belgium and bought the standard model (without PMV and automatic draining) in Europe at the European dealer.
    I did some temperature checks on the compressor block and I come to the same conclusions as the review here.
    This is a FLIR image of the compressor after 60min full load. The temperature stayed stable.

The cylinder heads are successfully being cooled, only the first cylinder wall gets somewhat warm @67C or 152F.

Other FLIR images can be found on http://blog.debrakeleer.com/2017/04/carette-300-bar-compressor.html

djbriez
    Participant

That is outstanding!!
    Thank you for your efforts!

DJ

mjp

Nice review and those flir images looked interesting.

Marko

guykuo

There was lots of confusion about configuration and pricing.

I checked today and got things clarified.

The base Carette without PMV and autodrain is $1399 + shipping.

However, IF AND ONLY IF YOU MENTION THE FORUMS while ordering, they will include the PMV and autodrain for $1399 + shipping.

Being a forum member really helps out.

Also, the current shipments of compressors arriving at JB’s do NOT have the Carette filter with them. That was supplied by the manufacturer just for the early birds.

miksatx
    Participant

50 hrs on this unit only thing I’ve did is bleed air out the coolant hoses. No other problems to report.

guykuo

Thanks for the update. The lack of drama is good news.

miksatx
    Participant

60 hour oil change. No drama. Holding my cheap sound meter at eye level standing next to compressor 80dba, placing the meter down between both cylinders 94dba. Pretty darn quiet. When it blows off it’s 104dba.

jungle

60 hrs sounds good. And I agree on how quiet it is. It sounds like a sawing machine and I barely hear it running behind a door. Auto blow is definitely louder.

However, mine is at 14 hour on the meter and it has blown a safety burst disk and melted 2 oil breather caps (threads got melted and separated) and got low cylinder seized once so far. The seize got fixed by crank it manually with a wrench and hands. And JB sent those oil breathers quite fast though.
    Maybe mine is a defect????

It is up and running for now but wondering when it will stop again. Guess only time will tell.

miksatx
    Participant

Jungle what oil was you running? That’s really strange about the oil breathers. Did you post any place about it? cause I sure missed hearing bout your troubles. I use chemlub 800 and I haven’t noticed hardly any change in oil color.

jungle

Hi,

I have not potsted about it yet but here. So you could not read about it anywhere. I asked guykuo about it though.

I used oil that came with the compressor and now using bauer synthetic. I did changed oil every 5 hours and the oil was pretty dark. It happened with both oil brands. I filled upto the instructed level and checked every time before I run the compressor. I usually run the compressor about an hour and found breather got melted and fallen next to the compressor a few hours later after i finished running it. The threaded neck area got melted both times. Thread was stuck in the case and top part fell.

Then the compressor got seized once and I had to crank it in order to free it.

Those are pretty odd to me as well and I really hope mine keep running without further problems.

guykuo

Yes. There is something causing extra mechanical resistance or diminished cooling if the crankcase is getting hot enough to melt the breather plugs. It shouldn’t be anywhere near that hot.

The pancake cooling fan on the radiator is blowing up at the crankcase right?

jungle

99% sure the fan is running. But I will have to check to make it sure 100% running.
    However, the crankcase has been touchable when running. I always check if the crankcase is getting too hot by touching.
    Maybe i had a couple of bad breathers????
    Hope those were end of my problems.

ramjet62
    quote jungle:

99% sure the fan is running. But I will have to check to make it sure 100% running.
    However, the crankcase has been touchable when running. I always check if the crankcase is getting too hot by touching.
    Maybe i had a couple of bad breathers????
    Hope those were end of my problems.

did you get this figured out yet ? roger

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar