Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Carette 4500 PSI Compressor Report

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps Carette 4500 PSI Compressor Report

This topic contains 175 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  guykuo 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 176 total)
  • Author

mjp

Or coltri ce750, any ISO VG 195 Will do and you don’t pay for the Bauer logo 😉
    No point on using something generic compressor oil, it’ll be more expensive in the long run.
    Changing oil more frequent will save you money in the long run also, it doesn’t turn black when starting to loose lubricative abilities so don’t be looking for that. If it’s black there is combustion present or ceramic coating particles in some case ( not related to carrette) and you have something worn.

Marko

guykuo

Bosunhu’s special deal thread has been deleted for being direct marketing.

I was wondering how it stayed online so long.

The special is still on. You just can’t do direct commercial selling on the forum.

ramjet62

[quote=”guykuo”]32 PCP’s !!! :8:

See here for more details http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=35990#p371783

Great White top from 2750 to 4500 PSI in 72 minutes

Great White from completely empty to 4600 PSI in 3:06 hours.

It is not a fast unit running at the limits of its mechanics. We’ve seen what happens when one forces two, light cylinders to run fast – lots of heat, risk of dieseling, high mechanical stress and wear.

The Carette 4500 design team made some wise decisions. They built the compressor with higher grade parts and run them below max limits. This thing calmly spins at just 1,000 RPM for cooler operation and reduced wear. The cooling system has more than ample capacity. The compressor’s elegantly executed design for longevity instead of speed won me over.

With the auto bleed and shutoff, the filling time isn’t a big issue. Set the auto stop to 4500, autodrain Q 10 minutes, 0.5 second duration and let it go.I would still keep an eye on it for the last couple hundred PSI fill, but it pretty much takes care of itself.

I recommend putting a good drying AND hydrocarbon removing filter like an Alpha or Dmann’s post compressor (or any other compressor lacking a desiccant and activated carbon filter). There is always some oil blow by on an oiled compressor. it isn’t bad on this compressor, but a filter would really let you do it right.[/quote………………. GUY , Thanks for this info ,
    ]

guykuo

I found this fitting the subject of high pressure compressors….

bosunhu
    quote guykuo:

I found this fitting the subject of high pressure compressors….

Quite fitting.

guykuo

Yes, the intro special on the compressor with PMV and auto bleed is still happening. They cannot have a sales thread on this forum. No one can. That sales thread was rightly deleted after I reported it.

Gateway to Airguns asked me to repost my review and also let their members know about the special in their bargains section. There isn’t an equivalent section here at TAG for that type of information. So, ironically, the place where information about the Carette first came out isn’t where you learn about getting one.

Everything basically has to be done by contacting Bosunhu.

miksatx
    Participant

Ok so the test mule arrived 3pm by FedEx Stealthy Delivery. Made it safe guykuo. Thanks again. Pretty light little compressor. I managed to pull it out the box by myself. oiled and watered up. Pulled it over to the washer an dryer plugged into the same outlet as the dryer.( where I originally was going to plug in the Airmax) turned it on. Now this sounds like a dive compressor. Not a screaming banshee Airmax lol. The wife commented right off how quiet it is. I really like the slower run.

Set it up this morning filled my great white 3k to 4.5k 1hr5 mins. The auto drain I was expecting a louder blast lol that brass sieve on it quiets pretty good lol.

guykuo

:8: :8: :8: :biggrinn:

I know you will take good care of it.

Guy

mjp

This is what community is at its best! Hope to hear some long term reports on how it does, congrats on your new toy!
    Self reliant air is a must for every pcp owner, and Carrette takes this one step closer to many of you out there.
    Let’s hope there be more affordable units out there besides shoebox(slow) Altaros (needs a big shop comp to be fast) Omega (dunno much about that) and now the Carrette.
    Will be interesting what else is behind the corner.

Marko

guykuo

Wow. I just got hinted to peek at mrodair.com. There is something new listed as the Mark 4 Compressor.

This is like finding someone you really don’t trust dating your sister. OMG! :suprisedn:

Looks like these are the old, Chinese domestic 220 volt configuration, not the new 120 volt, full configuration being prepped for the US market and sold via Bosun’s introductory special.

True to form, Mrodair is over hyping it as a SCUBA compressor able to fill cascade systems. I wouldn’t recommend either of those activities with a Carette.

Yikes. If this is the new US dealership, that would be pairing a great machine with a poor track record dealer.

miksatx
    Participant

Wow I sure didn’t see that coming!

guykuo

Just heard from Bosunhu that those units at Mrodair are definitely NOT from Sincere, but appear to be someone outright copying their older, Chinese market compressor.

quote :

Sincere just made some judgement from their photos of the compressor. This compressor photo is definitely from someone who contacts with Mrodair in China. And you please notice the scraping marks in the wire box. That is originally Chinese Characters.

This is a new low…. someone actively making themselves a seller of rip-off product. :angrymob:

Meanwhile the legitimate maker, who is actually using good components, is still working hard to find US dealership(s).

Worse, yet. Nobody knows what kind of parts are inside these units. Just because they look alike outside, there is no assurance of what is inside. Selling a look-alike threatens to ruin Carrette’s reputation with unpredictable quality clones.

ramjet62
    quote guykuo:

Just heard from Bosunhu that those units at Mrodair are definitely NOT from Sincere, but appear to be someone outright copying their older, Chinese market compressor.

quote :

Sincere just made some judgement from their photos of the compressor. This compressor photo is definitely from someone who contacts with Mrodair in China. And you please notice the scraping marks in the wire box. That is originally Chinese Characters.

This is a new low…. someone actively making themselves a seller of rip-off product. :angrymob:

Meanwhile the legitimate maker, who is actually using good components, is still working hard to find US dealership(s).

Worse, yet. Nobody knows what kind of parts are inside these units. Just because they look alike outside, there is no assurance of what is inside. Selling a look-alike threatens to ruin Carrette’s reputation with unpredictable quality clones.

YES what you stated is what I received in email , from Bosun Also, & I was ready to give up on the Carrette, before reading your post & receiving the email from Bosun..

nalby
    Participant

So has anyone received a production model yet? I’m interested in getting one from airtanksforsale but wanted to hear a few more reviews.

My #35 shoebox is still going but could be retired after hundreds of hrs of use

guykuo

I doubt anyone would have received one of the production units yet. Last I read, they weren’t expected to arrive until end of March / early April.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar