Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Can I get another 100 fps out of my Vulcan II…?

Home Forums BullPups Vulcan Can I get another 100 fps out of my Vulcan II…?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zonk 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hoot
    Participant

Shooting 31gr at 750 fps and 26gr at 850 fps. My goal is to get in the 900 – 950 fps range.

The hammer spring is all the way in.

Hoot

miksatx
    Participant

Turn up the reg shouldn’t be a problem.

hoot
    Participant

I wonder if anyone has put a HUMA reg in the Vulcan II….?

HP

miksatx
    Participant

If your reg is working why replace it? Just turn the reg up. I’ve not heard many complaints about Vulcan regs.

zonk
    Participant

Hooters, if you don’t have a reg tester, pull the reg out, very easy to do. Measure the overall length of the reg, loosen the nut and turn the adjuster CCW about a 1/16″. That should get you about where you want to be. I had my buddies reg out yesterday and adjusted his up from 135bar to 140 bar, but I have a reg tester. If you need on made, call John Hagen, I gave him the measurements off my Vulcan2 reg so he could make me one.
    Just so everyone knows, the reg in the older Vulcans is the same as the Vulcan2, as far as size. If you don’t have a puller, unscrew the airguage and push it out with a 3/4″ piece of PVC.

Zonk
    And yes the HUMA will fit either Vulcans, I have one.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  zonk.

zonk
    Participant

One of these come in handy for pulling the Reg

hoot
    Participant

Thanks Zonk!

I was checking Youtube for possible instructions on disassembling the Vulcan, but nothing on the Vulcan II, however that shouldn’t be a problem if the two guns are as similar in construction as you stated.

I’ll Zonkerize the reg and see what takes place. I’d like to shoot the heavier pellet/slugs in the low 30gr range. They make a most satisfactory “THUD” when the lead meets the target. Brings back fond memories of shooting my former neighbor’s chickens.

Hoot

zonk
    Participant

It’s a piece of cake to take apart. The newer Vulcan2 is much easier to take apart as far as removing the air tube and barrel, IMO.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar