Q:

Buck shot for a .22, is it possible?

I was wondering if there is a # of buckshot which would work for the .22. Round ball has good penetration and i’d like to try some rounds. I figure they would be cheaper then pellets as well.

General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

1 2

I wonder what the weight is. I’ve heard of people having very good results with lead shot (Round) in the .25. It has greater penetration. And the accuracy reportedly isn’t bad.

There should be no more leading problems than with any lead pellet. Mike

BTW thats ~35 to 3600 “pellets”

Yep.. You can thank a debauched currency as one factor that is increasing the price of lead not to mention other factors. Some ammo is in short supply and all of it has gone up a great deal due to raw material prices.
Balls/shot work ok out to ~35-50 yds max I would say. Not the best flyers but heavy enough. Most are a bit harder than pure lead but no harder than some pellets. Farily tight fit in 22. Last I saw was a price of around $42 for an 8 lb container plus shipping. Place over in MN has some.

H&N “Rundkugeln” do .22 lead balls in .177 ,20 & .22 and up to 9mm also, i used these in .22 back in the early 80’s in a Sharp Innova with good results, back then they were available in two .22 sizes, 5.5 & 5,52 or something like that, i used the larger of the two cuz they had to be tight in the breach to cause a good seal as can be expected without a skirt. Bear

IMO. There is only 2 ways to shoot rd. lead.A smooth bore or a patched ball where there is no direct contact with lead ball and rifling.Beside inaccurate from lead shaving peeling from ball,that is contact with rifling,a patch would work but it would cheaper and less trouble just to use cheap pellets.

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

1 2
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.