Q:

BATF form 1

Has anyone filled one of these out for their silencers/shrouds? My neighbors could be trouble and this is the only thing that I could possibly think would get me into trouble (not having one of these). I just figured out last week that these morons are feeding the pigeons and are the SOURCE of the pigeon problem in my neighborhood.

Pros/cons? Suggestions?

Shrouds and Moderators

All Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Have folks been hassled by local governments about getting one?

Hmmm! Lovett Custom Knives. Has a nice ring to it!!! 😀

My .17 HMR could use one!

I found out some info from my local gun store. you do NOT need to get local approval if you register as a corporation. fyi.

It has a lot to do with where you live and Law Enforcements attitude.

The county I live in will not approve the manufacture or transfer of a suppressor, but will allow a machine gun. If I move one county north the Sheriff will approve a suppressor. Moral of the story; its Okay to own a gun capable of shooting 600+ rounds a minute, just don’t do it quietly.

I recently read some were that they wont approve a form 1 for an air riffle because the can’t, I’t comes down to the fact that the BATF has absolutely no jurisdiction over anything with air power

Form 1 is an “application to make and register a firearm”. A silencer is a “firearm” by definition. I got my 1 yr. permit and wasn’t too bad to get here in Oklahoma. Costs $200 first year and 50 a year after that. My background check went back 31 years. 😯

Make vs. transfer, my bad 😳 The catch there is you must get it approved before it can be made. 🙄

With form 4, you must first purchase the item(suppressors are made to order) in order to get the serial number to complete the form before it’s coordinated for approval. So you must get a verbal approval first, buy the item, complete the form and coordinate it. If someone in the approval chain changes their mind, you’re screwed. 😡

Form 1 is to MAKE a firearm/silencer. Form 4 is to purchase one. I figure form 1 will work just because the silencer/moderator/shroud I have looks home made. 🙂

That’s BATF form 4, and yes I TRIED to get one signed off/approved.

First you have an Airgun not a Firearm. Second you have a Shroud, not a Suppressor. If you’re in trouble so is every manufacturer of Airguns with shrouds starting with Airforce. Bottom line; don’t worry about it 8)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.