Q:

Barrel Seal

I need some advice guys regarding my .25 standard matador.

Can anyone tell me the correct size for the seal that sits in the barrel behind the brass(?) washer that seals the bolt probe into the barrel when the bolt is closed – mine is blowing air after only a few hundred pellets.

I’ve searched this section and came up with a seal which is 2mm thick by 6mm wide but i’m not clear if the 6mm is the I.D or the O.D. measurement

Anyone know which one it is.

Thanks
Marc

EdGun

All Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Hi Ed,

The o ring video would be great.

I’ve emailed you a few times over the last week regarding the breech on my .25, can you get in touch please via email – i’ll send you another email just now.

Cheers
Marc

quote Two Feathers:

I need some advice guys regarding my .25 standard matador.

Can anyone tell me the correct size for the seal that sits in the barrel behind the brass(?) washer that seals the bolt probe into the barrel when the bolt is closed – mine is blowing air after only a few hundred pellets.

I’ve searched this section and came up with a seal which is 2mm thick by 6mm wide but i’m not clear if the 6mm is the I.D or the O.D. measurement

Anyone know which one it is.

Thanks
Marc

I hope tomorrow I will upload the new video about EDgun Matador R3M where you can find the information about all used O-rings.

Thanks for the advice from both of you and the links which are very useful for me to see what i’m searchin for. I should have mentioned i’m in the UK.

I’ve ordered a set of the 6*2 orings and i’ve look into the 010’s as well – am i right in assuming this is a BS010 size?

Again thanks for your help Charlie and wanta edgun.

The stock size seal did not work in my breach. It kept leaking. Earnest(the bullpup tuner) recommens a6x2mm but that was just too tight for me. I ended up going with a number 010 urethane 70 Derometer oring. Its about 1/2 way between the stock size and the one Ernest recommended. I’ve put about 2k shots through it since then and even had an event where a branch had caught the handle on the bolt and rotated it back open when I fired. That causes the bolt to be blown back open and I figured it would have killed the breach Oring. Bt several hindered shots later and its still working. I would recomened getting a few of the stock size, a few of the 6×2, a few of the number 010 79 Derometer and a few of the #010 in 90 Derometer. Derometer is the hardness rating. Higher number equals harder rubber.
Link for the 010 70 Derometer
http://www.theoringstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=367_454_453&products_id=16044
Link for the 90 Derometer
http://www.theoringstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=367_459_458&products_id=16201
Link for the 6x2mm
http://www.theoringstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=368_12_11&products_id=7386
Lots of people use the Oring store. Just make sure nothing you order is back ordered cause they won’t warn you. They just won’t ship your stuff.

Also, you can probably get a 6×2 Oring at napa or advanced autoparts. You gotta tell them you want to look at the metric Oring kit behind the counter. Lots of the parts guys don’t even now they have oring kits that allow u to buy a singe Oring. I know my local napa stocks them. Just might take a day or so to get it in. Also harbor freight has an Oring kit with 1.9mm orings in it. That wound work for some time.

Cheers..

R3M o-rings list:
• Ф 2,57 х 1,78 – 1 pcs (front plug filling valve)
• Ф 5.1 х 1.6/6 x 1.6 – 1 pcs (pellet probe for .22/.25) I believe it’s about ID.
• Ф 5 х 1.5 – 5 pcs (front of the regulator shaft – 1, inside the regulator – 1, seal between the tank and bolt assembly on .22 only -1, filling probe – 2)
• Ф 8 х 1.5 – 1 pcs (rear of the regulator shaft)
• Ф 19 х 2 – 1 pcs (permanent compensator seal)
• Ф 25 х 3 – 4 pcs (front and rear plugs, regulator)
• Ф 22 х 1.5 – 4 pcs (2 multishot clips)
• Ф 5 х 2.5 – 1 pcs (pressure gage)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.