Skip to toolbar

ATTENTION MICHIGAN AIRGUN SHOOTERS – IMPORTANT!

Home Forums Off Topic Off Topic ATTENTION MICHIGAN AIRGUN SHOOTERS – IMPORTANT!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    mikefr24
    Participant

I understand the law however if airguns are firearms, why are they not registered like a firearm? I never understood this.

There could be many thousands of Gamo Whispers in Michigan. Are they going arrest everyone that has one that does not know about this new law? They have no idea where or who bought them since they are not registered like a “real” firearm.

sigh….

freem243
    Participant

Just noticed (Nice shot on the crow), SAW.

synopsys
    Participant
    quote mikefr24:

I understand the law however if airguns are firearms, why are they not registered like a firearm? I never understood this.

There could be many thousands of Gamo Whispers in Michigan. Are they going arrest everyone that has one that does not know about this new law? They have no idea where or who bought them since they are not registered like a “real” firearm.

sigh….

I don’t think it is new, I thik the state figured out that they missed something somewhere along the way and they are trying to correct the problem… I think if it is a ‘stock’ item then it shouldn’t fall under the same rules, but when a state considers AIR guns fire powered any logic that was there left along with reason and reality.

If all true firearms are registered in MI (I don’t know…) then it is really odd that these types of ‘firearms’ would not be registered… Excellent point!

Are you sure Michigan isn’t secretly part of California. 😆 😆 😆

walkonking
    Participant

Michigan sucks for airguns. That is not news

mikefr24
    Participant

I wanted to buy a Condor and install an aftermarket shroud to make it quite for hunting. Now that dream is totally gone since a condor is as loud as a .22 rimfire without the shroud. I might as well keep using my .22 rimfire…..

This really sucks since i have been saving money for a condor for a month. I cant even buy a Talon SS now since I could get in trouble for using one too. I wonder if a grandfather law would be part of this? A modified Condor most certainly would not work but a Talon SS might since its factory quiet.

Maybe I should buy a Talon SS right now?

sigh……..

teflontron
    Participant

Does State Law supersede Federal Law?

synopsys
    Participant
    quote TeflonTron:

Does State Law supersede Federal Law?

In this situation it probably would. I don’t see the ATF coming to your rescue for having a Gamo with a stock muffler…

In California regarding the use an illegal street drug as medicine it doesn’t… The DEA has actually come in and busted medical ‘clubs’ and I don’t think the state helped out the owners with the legal fees… 😆

dkowen
    Participant

Federal law is ‘silent’ on the topic of airguns and silencers, therefore any state can make laws.

Consider alcohol. Each state has it’s own laws about age and so on. The Federal law was silent on the matter until prohabition happened and it became illegal even if state laws allowed it. The Federal law was no longer silent. Once repealed, we went back to separate state laws.

This is also, for instance, happening WRT gay marriage. It’s what’s driving the idea of a Federal ‘defense of marriage’ law. It would end the practice in those states (a minority) that allow it. Until then, Federal law is silent on the matter, each state decides.

Or so I understand such things.

Doug Owen

synopsys
    Participant

I’ve got an idea for a defense of marriage law, make it illegal to get a divorce. That is if your serious about protecting marriage and not caught up in archaic cultic beliefs…

What’s the divorce rate 50+%, doesn’t sound all that sacred to me… Some people keep pets for longer… 😆

voltar-1
    Participant

How people treat marriage has zero to do with the fact of the benefits to society.
    Working marriages provide stability for husband and wife as well as a stable environment for children to develop into contributing citizens.

This basis for marriage is what the gay community and a lot of others don’t see to grasp.

Civil marriage recognition is for the benefits of a family that produces new citizens for the continuance of that society. gays won’t be doing much of that now will they?

Walter….

synopsys
    Participant
    quote Voltar_1:

How people treat marriage has zero to do with the fact of the benefits to society.
    Working marriages provide stability for husband and wife as well as a stable environment for children to develop into contributing citizens.

This basis for marriage is what the gay community and a lot of others don’t see to grasp.

Civil marriage recognition is for the benefits of a family that produces new citizens for the continuance of that society. gays won’t be doing much of that now will they?

Walter….

I know of many married couples that will never reproduce. In fact a few are Christian (god help them).

So let’s add that to the list as well.

No reproduction, no marriage, if you don’t start to reproduce within 6 months of getting married it is cancelled and you lose your privilege forever.

Marriage is a joke, people get married in Vegas after knowing each other for five minutes, why is that legal?

Where does it say if you marry you have to spawn?

I don’t give a flying fuck about gay people, I personally think they are so emotionally fucked up they shouldn’t be in relationships with either sex. Gay women HATE men and gay men HATE women, but they replicate the exact thing they hate? How fucked up can someone be…?

But what is more fucked up in my book is believing that a religion should dictate the actions of those who don’t believe in said religion. That is more of a travesty to humanity than some dude marrying another dude.

dkowen
    Participant

OK, I”ve learned my lesson here. Don’t use gay marriage as an example of preemption in the law…….

The topic was ‘can state law trump Federal law?’, as I understand it no, but if there is no Federal law then states can write laws as they see fit.

Sorry for the poor choice of example, didn’t mean to sidetrack an important thread.

Doug Owen

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.