Atn x sight 2

Home Forums General Optics/Nightvision Atn x sight 2

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    mickey46
    Participant

4.5 inches above bore. Dead on at 35 yds. 2 in low at 95 yds. Shot at 9 rabbits at various ranges in dark. Killed 8 I am pleased with it . Works for me, that’s all that matters.

beemanr7
    Participant
    quote Mickey46:

4.5 inches above bore. Dead on at 35 yds. 2 in low at 95 yds. Shot at 9 rabbits at various ranges in dark. Killed 8 I am pleased with it . Works for me, that’s all that matters.

Mickey46,

Just wondering if you’ve tried the internal ballistics calculator? If so, is it able to automatically adjust your reticle to compensate for the 4.5 inch vertical distance between the center line of the scope and the center line of the bore?

The reason I ask is because that question was posed to me by someone in another forum. His concern was that the scope rail on the Condor is already pretty high above the bore. Adding a picatinny adapter would only make that distance even higher. His concern was that the ballistics calculator in the scope may not be capable of that much compensation at all reasonable ranges.

I suppose I should download the manual and see what the manufacturer says about how much vertical compensation the ballistics calculator is capable of. But I’d like to know your experience with it.

I understand that for shooting rabbits at different distances it might be just as easy to hold over or under, rather than dial in the range each time and let the scope do all the work. I think a guy would miss a lot of shots if he took the time to dial in the range each time.

At any rate, I’ve opted for the “no rise” inserts so I can attach the ATN X Sight II directly to the factory scope rail so as to minimize the distance between the centerline of the scope and the centerline of the bore. My hope is that the centerline to centerline distance will be well within the range of the internal ballistics calculator’s ability to compensate for that rise.

I have installed Tony’s tank adapter to lower the air tank. That should allow me to mount the X Sight directly to the factory scope rail without crowding me too much.

My X Sight should arrive Tues or Wed this week. By then maybe I will have answered my own questions.

Thanks

Tom

ginuwine
    Participant

Because of the retical choices I would think you would have to enter a range for just about every shot. That’s just my thought, i saw some of the mil-dot reticules and they didn’t look too usable to me. If you where ratting and had it set for an optimum zero lets say 23 yards and everything from 17 thru 30 yards was plus or minus half of mil-dot then no yards required. BUT if you are rabbit hunting from 50-100 yards i would definitely range each shot, the darkness helps both you and the bunnies so you should have time to get it right. All a guess but i’m going to order one of these scopes in the next couple of months.

mickey46
    Participant

I have not explored the ballistic function of the scope. Might do so when I start swapping between pellets and cast slugs.
    The scope center is 2.25 in above the base , so it is pretty high to begin with. I have the TTTA also. With my setup I rest my chin on the tank rather than my cheek.
    I tried the mil dot reticle and did not like it. just personal preference.
    I have enjoyed the scope, it is not a $2-3000 scope, but for my pocket and situation it will do. I was content with the bushnell elite 6-24x mil dot and a magchargerLED flashlight strapped to the barrel until everything got skittish the moment a light came on. Now they don’t have a clue till it hits them. 😛 Mickey <><

kris
    Participant

for the money maybe i would fit the leupold thermal vision instead

ginuwine
    Participant

I would think the leupold thermal vision would be ok, some of the images make surrounding brush hard to see.

gqjeff
    Participant

glad i found this. I wasn’t aware the x sight used picatinny. Bummed I was hoping I could use the tri rail for this scope like I use for my other. Looks good and can remove and remount the rail and the scope is dead on every time. Will be the same with the picatinny but doesn’t look near as good.

Jessicanelson
    Participant

Can night vision scopes be used in daylight?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.