Q:

ATN COCKING LEVER, INSTALLATION, AND ADJUSTMENTS NEEDED!

:hoot:

YES! It’s all metal. It’s quality construction!

The kit contains loose parts that YOU will need to install. Most of the kit is pre-assembled, so don’t panic when you look at the picture and don’t see corresponding parts in the bags.

First….the parts list… but some are already assembled in the kit, note my arrows as I tried to determine if everything arrived:

Now, this is how all the parts ended up as “assembled” or “loose”….note there are only six parts you actually need to ‘install’.

Here are the parts you need to attach…two short screws in the front, two long screws in the rear that attach the cocking block to the side of the gun, and finally one screw to attach to the gun’s internal cocking bolt. That’s five (5) moving parts to attach…the cover plate does have a right and wrong side! Look for the side with the angled hole entries, that side faces out.

Now…a word of warning, take note, at the far right of the below image, the block the lever is hinged to (201) and it’s two screws (210)…are ADJUSTABLE parts, and must be leveled before tightened in place. Fail to do this correctly and the gun won’t cock smoothly, if at all. Bold print at bottom of post explains all….

I’m going with a left handed installation.

CRITICAL INSTALLATION CORRECTION…MUST READ!!!

THE LEVER (PART 204) ATTACHED TO PART 205 MUST BE LINED UP CORRECTLY BEFORE TIGHTENING THE TWO LONG SCREWS THAT HOLD PART 201 IN PLACE AGAINST THE SIDE PLATE! PART 201 IS ADJUSTABLE IN POSITION TO PERMIT THE COCKING LEVER TO OPERATE SMOOTHLY, IT IS THEN LOCKED IN PLACE BY THE TWO LONG SCREWS (PARTS 210).

I suggest the following sequence…

1) SNUG-TIGHTEN THE FRONT TWO SCREWS, THEN START THE TWO LONG SCREWS THAT HOLD PART 201 TO THE SIDE PLATE, LEAVE THEM LOOSE.

2) NOW ATTACH PART 205 WITH THE THICK SCREW 208 TO THE SLIDING CYLINDER INSIDE THE GUN…YOU MAY TIGHTEN IT FIRMLY AT THIS TIME.

3) THIS IS IMPORTANT…YOU MUST “ADJUST” THE ANGLE OF PART 201, THE HINGE BLOCK, SO THE COCKING LEVER IS LEVEL AND SLIDES BACK AND FORTH SMOOTHLY! PART 201 DOES NOT SCREW AUTOMATICALLY INTO IT’S CORRECT POSITION.

4) YOU MUST GENTLY ADJUST PART 201 UP/DOWN UNTIL THE ATTACHED COCKING LEVER TRAVELS LEVEL AND EVEN INSIDE THE SIDE PLATE. FAILURE TO DO THIS CAUSES PART 205 TO “GRIND” AGAINST THE COVER PLATE, AND THE COCKING LEVER BECOMES EXTREMELY DIFFICULT OR IMPOSSIBLE TO MOVE.

5) ONCE THE COCKING LEVER MOVES BACK AND FORTH, BUTTERY SMOOTH, AND HOLDING PART 201 IN PLACE, CAREFULLY FINAL TIGHTEN THE TWO LONG SCREWS (PARTS 210) THAT HOLD PART 201, TO THE SIDE PLATE. WHILE TIGHTENING THESE TWO LONG SCREWS, MOVE THE COCKING LEVER BACK AND FORTH A FEW TIMES TO ENSURE THE COCKING LEVER IS STILL LINED UP STRAIGHT, BEFORE FINAL SNUGGING THE TWO SCREWS DOWN.

CAREFUL INSTALLATION OF PARTS 201 AND 210 ARE THE KEY TO PROPER ALIGNMENT OF THE COCKING LEVER, AND IT’S SMOOTH OPERATION.

(Phew!!! I’m tired. It took three hours to pinpoint the real cause of the problem.)

kind regards,

Exhausted Uncle Hoot:

UPDATED INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS 1/7/2017

Photobucket sucks!!!![/b]

Airgun Technology

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)

1 2 3 6 7 8

:angrymob: :angrymob: same here Hoot, SOBs for sure.

It sure did Hoot, it killed a lot of good informative running treads ……..

~ Greg

We sure lost a lot of information when the bastards at Photobucket.com screwed us by not giving us a courtesy notice they were going to change their policy.

Hoot:

just make sure that during the forward stroke the brass bit into the pellet probe screws into, never comes out of the action.
FYI it comes out the furthest when you go 90% of the forward motion, then it retracts again.
obviously there should be no other alignement problems present right
:rofl:

if it does come out, it would hit the magazine, not helping things. then the plastic cylinder needs turning on the barrel,the one into the cocking rod screwed in (or the sidelever now)

bless you

It’s so easy even Hoot: figured it out………………………….Just sayin :rofl:

Upperlight, Review Uncle Hoots installation instructions in this thread and all will be good. Putting the lever parts upside down causes the problem you are experiencing, particularly the cam. I would die-assemble and follow Hoots instructions step by step. Hope this helps! :4:

Installed the lever.
But there is a problem.
When cocking with no magazine on, it is very smooth.
But with the magazine on and trying to load a pellet, it is quite a struggle.

Any tips :confusedn:

All photos are down.

Can you please re- upload them!!

Glad to hear you are getting better. Bronchitis will sure sap your energy.

At least, glue on the inside surface of the slotted will be invisible and undoable.

Magnet doesn’t have to touch the sliding piece. As the sliding rod guide gets close to the magnet gets close to the magnet, the guide is pulled off axis towards the magnet. Increased friction between the guide piece and the barrel is what actually does the hold on my setup. It is just enough to keep open with the gun the horizontal position, but not pointed downward. Magnet never directly touches any moving parts.

I can’t take credit for that photo….I grabbed it off another forum member’s thread because it was such an amazingly good illustration! Thank you, whoever you are….post a response and bathe in the glory!!!

I have not done anything with the magnets because I have been battling a double case of bronchitis that lasted for two (2) 14 day recoveries, with a three day interval between them. I caught one on a plane to Atlanta, and I got over that in two weeks, but my wife now had a similar case and I caught the second case from her…..Talk about rotten luck! I was in the hospital for a short time to ensure it wasn’t developing into pneumonia, but I caught a break.

That’s what I get for staying married to the same woman all this time…although one of the doctors told me the first 50 years are the hardest….that’s coming up this June 17th. She’s probably going to want flowers or something. Last year I got her a new backpack leaf blower…a Toro!, but she didn’t seem all that happy. She’s always been hard to please.

I’ve got a bag of those magnets. Same sizes, but two different thicknesses. At first blush, it will take glue to put it where it can do any good. There’s no Ferris metal near the back of the cocking action for it to stick to. When my head clears fully, I’ll try again. If anyone wants a magnet, I’ve got several, send me a stamped, self-addressed envelope and I’ll get one out to you. Just PM me and I’ll give you my mailing address.

Kind regards miscreants, and Luddites….

Kindly Ol Uncle Hoot:

Tony has the side levers available now!

Hoot, where are your magnet mod results? I think gluing a magnet on the inside of the side plate at this location would replicate what I did with my magnet.

Hoot That foto of the “updated installation instructions” dated 1-7-2017 was right on. The only problem with it was that I did not see it before I installed my cocking lever. I installed the side plate up side down and it was very difficult to cock. :suprisedn: After realizing something was amiss I cleverly reversed the side plate and all is well. :biggrinn: I would like to say that it was a clever observation :geekn: but if it wasn’t for blind luck I would not have done the install correctly. :sadn: This foto would have been a lifesaver had I seen it before. Thanks.

I’ll rotate the piece and move it back toward the rear of the gun this weekend and do some shot tests. I’ll report back.

Thanks!

Ok , I sent him a email. Curious, does he send you a PayPal invoice for payment ? And how much are they ? I saw it somewhere , but don’t remember. Thanx

benj you need to remove the magazine and watch the brass bit into which the pellet probe screws into.

you operate the cocking lever and keep an eye on the brass, check it during the forward motion of the lever, imagine if the magazine was there, the brass bit should not come out of the black action, it should not hit/touch the magazine should be just flat. be aware it is not in the most forward position when the cocking lever is in fully forward but, a bit sooner.

if the brass overtravels, you have to rotate the plastic cylinder ACW, the one into the cocking bolt screwed into.
This way you set your pellet probe depth. :2cents:

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)

1 2 3 6 7 8
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.