Q:

AR 15 Grip Adapter for Talon/ Condor.

Okay boys here is a prototype I have been working on. This adapter will attach in place of the AF grip and allow you to use popular AR 15 grips.

A little bit more refining is needed. It will use the standard AF trigger guard.

A big thanks to member JFK who sent me the AR15 GRIP and piece that fits inside.

John yours will be coming Gratis!

Mods/Machinists

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)

1 2 3 4 5

Never liked the stock grip. Still adapting another grip did not appeal to me until after I bought the trigger guard. For some reason I could not get it out of my head so I started looking at the AR15 grips available. Finally decided on the Hogue 15000 but they were out of stock. So I waited, then last weekend I seen they were available again. In my wisdom I ordered one and it came Wednesday. Going on vacation Monday and I figure WOK will take orders while I am gone. Figures! Good thing I can check on the for sale forum with my new cell. 😀

nice idea guys!

Business 101 has no place here…It may work for the game players like the Berny Madeoff’witheveryone’smoney, ceo’s of banks, stock market A holes, and the Enron group, but This is a hobby. I seriously doubt that WOK is going to try to figure out how to manipulate his price points, or regulate the supply so as to maximize his PNL. I don’t think WOK is going to try to make the most money he can out of his passion or squeeze as much as he can out of his friends….I think WOK is just trying to make sure that He is happy and who ever buys his parts are happy….
Excuse my soap box Rant….

ill take one even if its $50.00 Adam does great work you pay for good work

Hell Wok ,being the buyer and a working stiff, I’ll take the $35 one……

TNX Shelby

Groovy. No rush, just wondering if it was still happening. Glad to hear it is alive and well!
Thanks again,
Chris

Loki,

I am finishing up some projects and will get to it soon. I am playing catch up currently.

Adam,
Is this one still in the works? I want to put AR-15 target grips on my SS, but I am too much of a chicken to buy grips and risk screwing them up. This piece would be just what I am looking for.
Thanks,
Chris

Hey Adam,

How are you comming along with this? Any new pics?

Nice work so far ❗ ❗ 😉

You know what’s neat to me? I like looking around and all of a sudden noticing a thread I had not before, gives GOOD reading material. Thread subscribed to.

That is actually what the current trigger guard looks like that I am making. 😛

I am going to try and get some picts up this week. I have been gone and was hoping to get some finished.

Yay This is my first post!

Alright, this is my go at backseat driving, along with a few replies to previous posts.

First: Adam, nice work with your AR-15 adapter. However, I think I am with a few others when I think that it should or could be optionally be packaged with a custom trigger frame, hopefully you will follow what I am saying shortly…

However, let me address something that laanguiano mentioned earlier with his business 101 tid bit…

This is a custom part and market, as a result, I don’t think Adam should cut corners in order to sell his stuff dirt cheap. In my mind anyone who is going to mod their gun to accept an AR-15 grip is a little bit beyond your normal customer. Yeah it is nice to have a cheap adapter so that after you buy your $30+ grip you are still out less than a hundred bucks, but this is a custom milled/finished part, and if I were making it on my mill, I would be charging at least $50. All of this because as Adam said earlier there is all of the R&D, designing, and prototyping that you are also paying for, not just materials and production time. But alas, I currently do not have a mill to play with, so all I can do is show Adam what cuts I would make…

So, without further adieu, here is my idea for an optional or incorporated trigger frame built on the idea of running AR-15 grips via the AR-15 grip adapter.

I guess a good starting point was to take some of the contours that the gun already has going for it, I mean, we all got them for some reason, and power aside, I think I can safely say that we like the clean tactical look. So in this picture, I am copying two of the curves from the frame/sight rail.

The next step was to reflect and move those curves to where we need them.

Now it’s time to capitalize on those shapes and build a new trigger frame around them, and also incorporate the AR-15 adapter.

And last, the final product. If Adam or anyone else likes the idea, we could have a sturdy selection of grips to put on our guns, as well as a trigger guard that matches the rest of the frame.

Last, the reason I think that this looks good is this: From the factory the sight rail is thin and so is the trigger guard, and top to bottom it balances the gun. However, since almost everyone puts tri-rails on their gun(s) it suddenly takes the balance away. This could even it back out a bit. I think it looks rad, but that is just me.

However, I am currently counting down the seconds till my Condor arrives on my door step. Until then I can only live vicariously though all of you, and drool at all of the possibilities for modification. And since I said before, I don’t currently have access to a machine shop, all I can do is try to press my ideas into the heads of those of you who do.

-Julian

quote knifemaker:

50.00 Is way too much!!! But 49.95 will sell like hot cakes!! Ask How I learned this one! 😀

Mike

Because you can say “you get all this for under 50 bucks” which sounds alot better then 50 bucks?

quote knifemaker:

50.00 Is way too much!!! But 49.95 will sell like hot cakes!! Ask How I learned this one! 😀

Mike

How did you learn this one?

Mike

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)

1 2 3 4 5
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.