Anyone here have their gun taken away by the Law?

Home Forums AirForce General Chat Anyone here have their gun taken away by the Law?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    saugus18
    Participant

I’ve been lucky, as the houses here are very close together, and before getting my TSS, I was shooting a C02 gun that was much louder, but had no complaints after many hundreds of rounds. But I always wondered what would happen if the cops did come around while I was shooting. From what I understand, living in LA city limits, it’s against the law to shoot a airgun ANYWHERE, even in your own backyard. So, technically, I guess they could take your gun if they wanted to, fine you, or just give you a warning, all of which I hope I never have to experience.

Wondering if anyone has any stories in this regard. I don’t mean years ago when you were a kid, but more like the last 5 years or so. I know this really isn’t much of an issue in certain parts of the country.

walkonking
    Participant

I had the Cops come when a stupid bitch neighbor tried to look over the fence and see what I was doing. When I saw her I put the 2240 away. In a hour the cops showed up and was questioning my son at the door. As I walked up I told him I was target shooting in the back yard which I had done for years before she moved in.

He told me the city just passed a law that no airgun can be shot within city limits. He said she felt something hit her foot and she was afraid her dog would get hurt. I told him she was lying because I was shooting in a trap and there was no way it would ricohet out. He said to face the trap to where she could not see and to be careful. He asked me if it was a airsoft gun, which is also illegal and I told him yes. He said OK, and I could try to get a waiver to shoot on my property but it would be better to do it were she could not see.

And that was that. My other neighbor told me to shoot between our houses and so the bitch neighbor could not see..

I called the owner of the house where the bitch lived and he was pissed. He was my neighbor for years and had no problem with me shooting. He told me to fucking ingnore her and he would talk with her and she was a real bitch to him also. He was letting them live there cheap and was ready to kick them out…LOL. I told him to remind her if someone was jumping over her wall to rob them I would be the only one to see it and it would be a shame if I did not call the police to come to her aid. I also told him she could have come over and talked to me and did not have to call the cops. He said “No Shit” what a bitch….lol

I suggest you have an airsoft gun to give to the police if they ever do come….lol

shadoh
    Participant
    quote :

I suggest you have an airsoft gun to give to the police if they ever do come….lol

Thats not a bad idea WoK

mr-lama
    Participant

I had the cops show up once. Came up and asked, “are you shooting bb guns up here?” (there are 2×4’s at the end of the driveway punched through with .25 cal holes). I said yeah, didn’t mention the big pellet gun, and I had already put it away. He said the people accross the street called and wanted me to stop. I said sure. He left. End of that.

I’d been shooting for over a year without anyone ever calling. Everyone in the culdosac I know and they don’t care if I shoot. Someone accross the road was probably having a bad day and decided to call for whatever reason.

I do have my brothers airsoft guns out there when those people are out just in case the cops show up again. Airsoft guns are perfectly legal, so yay. 😛

dnc
    Participant

Seriously lama, if a cop in Alabama takes a gun away from you, its because he wants it for himself. I think that they are more annoyed at the people who made the complaint than the ones shooting.

knifemaker
    Participant

When I still lived in town, a bitch of a neighbor called the cop’s. I was shooting my Rx .20 a at the time. She staired across the fence to see what the Cop’s would do. Man was she pissed when the Cop’s decided that they liked the .20 and spent a few minutes checking it out and shooting! Hee!!! They fell in love with it.

volsr1
    Participant
    quote dnc:

Seriously lama, if a cop in Alabama takes a gun away from you, its because he wants it for himself. I think that they are more annoyed at the people who made the complaint than the ones shooting.

Aint that the truth.

saugus18
    Participant

Well, I never thought an airsoft gun be ever be a part of my arsenal, but that may be a good idea. If the cops came I could stash my SS very quickly in a shed 5′ from where I shoot, and could have the airsoft already sitting right there at the table.

Looks like I better get rid of 2X4’s and plywood with holes thru them tho, that doesn’t jive to well with a airsoft gun… I guess i could say I modified it a bit, lol.

shadoh
    Participant

Just tell them you drilled the holes for targets ) If your really good you can shoot right in the hole. Then ask them if they want to try it.

mr-lama
    Participant

You could always shoot the cop as he comes up the driveway.

I’m sure there wouldn’t be any problems that would result from that. 😛

photo22
    Participant

I have it sweet right now. My next door neighbor’s house is empty due to forecloser and I shooting my ass off in that yard. I have dropped some pest in his old yard but I just walk in the yard and get them 😈 Having an air soft gun around is not a bad idea 😀

saugus18
    Participant
    quote Shadoh:

Just tell them you drilled the holes for targets ) If your really good you can shoot right in the hole. Then ask them if they want to try it.

That would be some pretty good shootin’, need a good gun for that. Wonder what Tony would charge for a full blown, balls out Tony Tune Airsoft? Man, i’m getting into this a little to deep lol.

mr-lama
    Participant

I’ve tried shooting airsoft through my .25 condor. Can’t get them under 1200fps. Extremely loud. Have to wrap it in a towel so the bbs don’t slide out. Accuracy is way crap.

Now, if you got an actual airsoft barrel and some kind of good loading system, you might be getting somewhere.

Still, 1200 is kinda fast for shooting at people. 😛

dnc
    Participant
    quote :

You could always shoot the cop as he comes up the driveway.

lol! You know what I meant.

photo22
    Participant
    quote Saugus18:

quote Shadoh:

That would be some pretty good shootin’, need a good gun for that. Wonder what Tony would charge for a full blown, balls out Tony Tune Airsoft? Man, i’m getting into this a little to deep lol.

LOL….Yeah like those high power airsoft guns. Jim aka synopsys knows all about them things and some of them can really cook at high FPS.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.