Q:

Anyone else have CO2 Issues?

I’m having problems with my CO2 Adaptor and a spyder 20 oz. CO2 tank. The tank works for a while and all is good. I can shoot until the CO2 gets low or until I decide to remove the tank from the adaptor by unscrewing the CO2 tank slightly from the adaptor, then firing the gun a few times to relieve the pressure in the adaptor. Once the pressure is down I can finish unscrewing the tank.

Some times when I screw the spyder tank into the adaptor, the pin on the co2 adaptor fails to push in the valve pin on the spyder tank far enough to allow the co2 adaptor to charge with co2. This is very irritating.

When I unscrew the spyder tank and try another co2 tank like the 9 oz. eagle it works fine. When I screw the 9.oz. tank into the adaptor everything charges like it should.

Sometimes I can get the Spyder tank to eventually work by screwing and unscrewing the tank (from the adaptor) a bunch of times. Finally it will charge the co2 adaptor. Last time this happened I shot the gun till the co2 was low then unscrewed the tank from the adaptor and noticed a piece of red plastic sticking out of the top of the co2 tank.

I called Kingman and they said I should not see the plastic and that I should send my tank in for repair. I sent it in and they repaired my tank valve and sent it back to me.

Well two refills later it happened again.

So I have two problems:
1. My Spyder CO2 tank has issues….

2. The Talon CO2 adapter may have issues…

Has anyone else had this type of problem with the co2 adaptor? To me it looks like the pin in the co2 adaptor that is supposed to press against the pin on the co2 tank is too soft (because I can see a lip forming on it.)

Or the pin on the co2 adaptor is just a hair too short to work well with the Spyder co2 tanks, or maybe I just got a bad tank.

I’m thinking I should not buy anymore Spyder tanks, and stick with the eagle, or better yet get off my butt and order a 4500 psi CF tank and use the talon SS like it was meant to be used.

General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

quote Paulj.:

I,m having a hard time with pix.This may be a forum violation,talon unrelated.

That is sweet!
I’m glad you got the image posting down. Thinking back I should of posted the picture of my crosman 1100 ammo in the other guns area. to keep this focused on co2 problems that I am having with my talon SS 😳

I,m having a hard time with pix.This may be a forum violation,talon unrelated.

[/img]

quote Paulj.:

But my old crosman 2250 maxed out has and will still be a lot of fun to hunt with.

That gun sounds like fun, I wonder what my old crosman 1100 co2 shotgun would do on HPA,
or if it would just blow up past 850 psi 😕

I had the exact same problem with my 20 oz co2 tank that came from Pyramid Air, my pin was actually bent and the red plastice piece came out one side! This happened after only two refills. I use HPA mainly with a 3000 psi aluminum tank (47 cu inch )and a 68 cubic carbon fiber tank. Both of these tanks are “high pressure HPA” rather than the low pressure ones. I tried a low pressure tank one time and it reminded me of my old red ryder bb bun.

It started as a crossman 2250 and ended up as a carbine using a 13 cu.in. tank and 1,150 psi reg. It shoots .22cal. predator at 850 FPS.My wife is getting me a talon with bipod, filled adapter, co2 adapter, high rings and a centerpoint 4×16 for christmas and not a day sooner. But my old crosman 2250 maxed out has and will still be a lot of fun to hunt with.

quote Paulj.:

I had the same problem,my pin was sticking ,sometimes and worked ok at other times. I could have polished pin,or replaced the valve,but changed to HPA and never looked back to CO2.

What does your HPA setup look like? What tank did you go with?

I may want to go this route, or just save the CO2 for plinking at close range.

Thanks,

Roger

I had the same problem,my pin was sticking ,sometimes and worked ok at other times. I could have polished pin,or replaced the valve,but changed to HPA and never looked back to CO2.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.