Q:

Anyone Else Go Slow? – Taipan 22 Long

Hi All,

New to the boards.  Tony was good enough to send me a 22 Veteran Long just before the virus got us into lock-down.  I’d read about the “dial-o-velocity” of the Taipan Veteran so I had to try it.

Loosened the lock on the hammer spring preload adjuster and took it out 3.5 turns.  Nope.  It didn’t fall out.  I’d done the same on a Veteran Compact 22 and it was running in the low 500 fps range.  I’ve not put the Long over screens but here are my observations (of an real armature airgun shooter).

1.) No noise.  OMG is the gun quiet.

2.) At 30 yards, Walmart brand 22 Crossman HPs go through the same hole if you do your part.  House flies @ 30 yards are easy targets.

3.) Forget about needing filling equipment for the PCP.  Ok.  Maybe not quite but I have no idea of the shot count.  Seems to take way over 100 pellets to come off regulator even with a 200 bar fill.

4.) Slow-mo camera is not necessary to watch the pellet go down range.  @9X or better magnification, you can watch the pellet rise up and drop down the vertical cross-hair in the scope.

5.) Effortless cocking.  You don’t have much hammer spring force to set at this tune.

Anyway, sitting back in an Adirondack Chair propping the rifle on your knee is a very pleasant way to  spend the afternoon.  For those stuck indoors in foul weather the low velocity set-up might be a good way to not upset the family and still have some fun in the basement.

Enjoy,

Nugria

Taipan Air Rifles

All Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Great job!

Veterans have such a wide range of power via the HST..

Tony

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.