Any regrets on buying Condor instead of Talon?
I have been lurking here for the past couple of months while trying to decide on my next air rifle. I currently have a .17 caliber RWS Diana that has lost its umph, and I never shot it well anyway. I need a rifle for general pest duty under 50 yards (Squirrels, rabbits, starlings, possums, skunks, and raccoons). As of now, I am considering either a Condor or Talon SS in .22. I am not worried about having to fill the condor more often than the talon as I am not going to be using this for extended shooting sessions, and I am going to buy a SCUBA tank. My concerns are the following:
1) How quiet can I make the Condor compared to the Talon SS? I have all the tools I need including a lathe to make a LDC.
2) Is the Condor overkill for the game that I am dispatching? I worry about pass through on red squirrels and birds.
3) Are the Talons more accurate than the Condors due to barrel length? It seems to me that the pellet will be in the 24″ barrel for a loooooong time vs. a 12″ barrel on the Talon.
4) How much adjustment will the power wheel give me on the Condor? Can I get down to 700 FPS or so?
5) How long is the Condor with an LDC?
Thanks for the help. I am pretty well set on either one of these rifles. I just don’t want to have to buy a second tank and barrel because I made the wrong choice.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.