Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Airforce Texan: 500+ ft-lbs

Home Forums AirForce Texan Airforce Texan: 500+ ft-lbs

This topic contains 57 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  dfwpi 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author

rifle50

roachcreek………Sorry Charlie, your 615 yd airgun shot may have been the first, but isn’t the longest. I did last summer 700 yds. Shot 4 cola cans. 3 on video, went and picked up camera. Set out another can and hit it, but no camera… Went on to hit steel target at 1065 yds…….Video of cans 700 yds https://youtu.be/lsKvOiJEnXQ 1065 yds https://youtu.be/d1–WcmZ2Cw

Check front page on CONDOR THREADS and just posted my new build and have 100 yd 1/2 inch groups and video this week at 326 yd accuracy.

Carl

roachcreek

Well done!

And a lot better videoing of the event.

rifle50
    quote roachcreek:

Well done!

And a lot better videoing of the event.

Thank You Sir, You, Cedric and Doug inspired me a year ago and did those above things last summer. I am on GTA now and completely built a new gun.Starting over and posted this thread there. Open thread and at 326 yds gun is shooting better than MOA.. I show some groups gun is shooting …….Video 326 yds http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=107762.0

Yes your video was at the bench. I put mine at the targets :winkn:

I’m and old man and got bored with F-Class competition to 1000 yds……..Air is a challenge………….Carl

rj-porter

So I just tuned a Texan for a friend today. It was a little under powered from the factory. It was making 345fpe with a 304grn bullet and would valve lock over 3000psi. After I spent a few hours with it, it is now a monster. I’ve got it making 558fpe with a 345grn bullet. No more valvelock either. 2 shots , 558, 546, then third shot is 515fpe. 2 shots touching at 75, third about 1-2″ low. I’ve got a few more things to do over the next couple weekends if I can find the time. I know 600fpe can be had but I think 700 can be done. Sofar what I’ve done has been done with the factory spring.

sirjeigo
    quote rj-porter:

So I just tuned a Texan for a friend today. It was a little under powered from the factory. It was making 345fpe with a 304grn bullet and would valve lock over 3000psi. After I spent a few hours with it, it is now a monster. I’ve got it making 558fpe with a 345grn bullet. No more valvelock either. 2 shots , 558, 546, then third shot is 515fpe. 2 shots touching at 75, third about 1-2″ low. I’ve got a few more things to do over the next couple weekends if I can find the time. I know 600fpe can be had but I think 700 can be done. Sofar what I’ve done has been done with the factory spring.

I ordered a heavier spring for my Texan to shoot at 3500 psi. It would be great to get 600+ FPE. I cast 220, 294, 405 & 480 grain bullets right now.

shaggy
    quote rj-porter:

Can you give me a few pointers ? I put mine back in it’s box for a keepsake 350 foot pounds is tops,, from 500 feet per second to 150 Feet per second depending on the pellet. Any Information would be nice.. Thanks.. :winkn:

bgray115
    quote shaggy:

quote rj-porter:

Can you give me a few pointers ? I put mine back in it’s box for a keepsake 350 foot pounds is tops,, from 500 feet per second to 150 Feet per second depending on the pellet. Any Information would be nice.. Thanks.. :winkn:

Mine was the same only pushing 350 FPE. but I found out the reg. on the ninja tank was only putting 2400 in the gun. I will get out and test some more in coming weeks. Its alot of work loading the genset, compressor, and all the guns to go to the field.

To my understanding if you shoot the 405gr you need to turn the spring down? I have not changed anything from factory yet.

shaggy

If I turn the spring all way down it wont push a 405 grain pellet out of the barrel,,. Still waiting on Mr. Porter to give us a few pointers, I got 10 Airforce Airguns and all of them are sweet ,, But this one is off by a long shot as far as foot pounds are supposed to be. Feet Per Second is specks from 500 to 1000 Plus more on the 146 grain pellet, Never been able to get 3 close power shots on a fill, the first being the best and the other 2 shots speed drops like a rock. I’ve seen the people with the promotion guns seem to do good, but no actual chrono test done with the Promotion Guns, Ive looked all over the web, Mr. Hollopoint has shown the best test, bit still questionable . So if any one would mind showing us a test actually with scales and chrono temperature, Sea level hight ect. I can get a better understanding on how the gun is going to work. I really am not into hot rodding my Guns . I just like for them to do what the techs on the advertisement says they get it to do without me having to send my Rifle around the country in the little brown truck. :rofl:

sirjeigo

I haven’t played to much with the spring yet but I did order a heavier spring to shoot at 3500 psi. Today I shot so many rounds of home made bullets. 294 grain bullets worked the best at 125 yards. 220 grains were too light and the wind pushed it over a foot. 405 grain bullets are a treat and I get about 3 or 4 heavy shots from 3000 to 2000 psi before topping it off again. Airforce airguns kept me excited about pcps. I still dream of a .257 barrel for my condor or .308 or .357 barrels for my Texan. Right now .457 bullets make amazing long distance explosions when shredding targets.

cygnus-x-d82

i fucked around with sabot’s in my .308 and .457, my findings where that theres is not enough speed for the air to peel off the sabot in .308 (using .223 projectile) in .457 the sabot would come off but not in a consistent manner so the bullets would do all kinds of crazy things, like keyhole, and completely miss the 12″ plate at 50y ! so that didnt work

what i did find with my homemade texan ok its a talon with 34″ .457 quackenbush barrel…it would push 142 grain roundball at between 900 and 1100 fps…hit really hard, and i could lob them out to hit a 12″ plate at 200y with some consistency

a really heavy muzzle weight helped a lot, but made the rifle a pain to hunt with….i miss airgunning….i got the yard cleaned up and can now shoot 40y yay….so i will get the kids into shooting and see where that takes us

cygnus-x-d82

also can someone post a pic of the valve, very curious to see how they did it

mjp

Whitewolf posted the entire inner workings of the rifle, hope he don’t mind me posting this, http://s42.photobucket.com/user/WhitewolfK5/slideshow/Air%20Force%20Texan%2045cal

Marko

dfwpi

New .457 owner here, and getting everything set up to try and slay a pig or two in the next couple of weeks. Reading past posts and this interested me, being several years old, the OP that is, and wondering if there had been minds changed from their original observations.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar