Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Airforce Texan: 500+ ft-lbs

Home Forums AirForce Texan Airforce Texan: 500+ ft-lbs

This topic contains 57 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  dfwpi 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author

thehunter

Also, the AoA ig bore looks like a crosman 2240 action and barrel assembly that has taken a few too many steroids!

hoot
    Participant
    quote Thehunter:

If you could drop a .308 or a .257 barrel in the platform, what do you guys think the max range would be? I’m hoping out to 150?

The shotgun slug hunters got around the size/weight issue by putting a smaller real bullet inside a plastic “SABOT” cartridge. The same thing could be done with a smaller .30 caliber slug. That would get the lighter bullet up and going real fast. With better ballistics, 150 yards could become possible!

Hoot:

knifemaker

Sure glad nobody told RoachCreek, Cedric (Tofazfou), R.J., and Myself that 150 was the limit on the .257! 😉 :rofl:

ronin001

Now… This would of been a nice set up for the 257! I would of already sent in my full paid deposit!! lol

Is it even possible to convert from a 45 down to 257?

thehunter

you can go from a .177 to a .25, so i assume the .45 to a .257 isn’t that big of an ordeal. you might need to change the valve though.

hoot
    Participant

The question remains, do you want a four foot long gun, that’s as loud as a large caliber powder burner? It’s a nice gun, with lots of possibilities, but perhaps for special people with special needs.

Yes, it can be down-sized with a new barrel, properly milled and fitted. The valve and port could be adjusted to lower the pressure for a smaller projectile, and it would be a fine shooter for long distance. The .257 proved it’s worth for those that wanted that specific purpose gun. Will it remain subsonic? Yes and no! Depends on what results you want. There is practically no end to what this gun will push, and how fast, in smaller than .45 caliber configuration! The potential is certainly there.

Those who live in the West, the mountains, the flat prairie lands, will have an opportunity to reach out a far distance. It will be fun to see what can be done to the AF platform.

Just be certain to understand that it’s re-sale will be pennies on the dollar when the time comes to move on to the next project. More than one shooters have ended up with a great $2000 special purpose, modified pcp, only to see it go to the next user for a fraction of it’s final modified cost. That’s just the way these things re-sell. So, choose wisely.

Hoot:

ronin001

257 groundhog gun…. lol 100 FTE at 200 yards

thehunter

I wouldn’t really mind if the gun is long. I’m just going to be dragging it 100 yards away from the truck to shoot at coyotes. I probably will wait and see what the market brings until summer though.

lurker-1

Not saying I won’t buy one before the year end but if it had a multi shot capability like the Girandoni I would have already ordered one.
    It could have easily sold for a couple hundred more and would have created a stampeed ❗
    But as is we are talking about it being a great platform for a .257 conversion.

Will we save the day for AF by doing creative mods to the Texan or will it floundry trying to serve a small nitch in a big market of shooters. Will the Texan remain one feature behind the OLD famous Girandoni or is the real thing waiting in the wings ❓

ronin001
    quote LURKER #1:

Not saying I won’t buy one before the year end but if it had a multi shot capability like the Girandoni I would have already ordered one.
    It could have easily sold for a couple hundred more and would have created a stampeed ❗
    But as is we are talking about it being a great platform for a .257 conversion.

Will we save the day for AF by doing creative mods to the Texan or will it floundry trying to serve a small nitch in a big market of shooters. Will the Texan remain one feature behind the OLD famous Girandoni or is the real thing waiting in the wings ❓

now thats a air rifle Lewis & Clark… 30 shots 125 yd range with .48 ball!

ronin001

I will say this gun leaves a hole!!

before shot

after shot (dead Fallow Dear walking) you can see the pass through dust to the right

slayer5

ronin001, That sold me find a shroud that will stand up to that pressure and cut barrel by one foot

dyotat100

If you cut off 12″ it won’t make any power.

lurker-1

If you take off 18″ you may have the 1st transgender PCP :rofl:

tofazfou

Yeah, cutting off a foot and loosing 120 FPS really LOOSES the point of the gun.

Not only that but now your loosing WAAAAAY MORE AIR TOO without reworking the valve.

These are not 12 fpe rifles nor shrouded bullpups. Just saying………..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar