Skip to toolbar

Air Venturi Compressor

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps Air Venturi Compressor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sandalelect
    Participant

I just got off the phone with Tony from Talon tunes and he is going to be sending me my new Air Venturi compressor, I tried to find a Bauer, but just could not swing the prices that I was being given. The local dive shop is about to change hands and the new owners will not fill a tank unless you are dive certified.

sandalelect
    Participant

Got my air Venturi compressor on Tuesday, I followed the instruction did the break in ten minute run then filled two guns just to see how well it worked, it filled my 9mm Ultra from 0 to 3000 in three minutes and the .22 in two minutes. Have not filled any tanks yet but I will when I get the dry air intake filter, extra dry packs, extra compressor oil and extra output filters. So far so good.

birdman
    Participant

Sand , glad to hear that you are happy with your new Air Venturi Compressor set-up , looks like it is fast and easy , what I really would like
    to know is what is the total cost of your compressor with all filters and every thing that is needed in order to make it work and how often
    do you need to change filters .

zonk
    Participant

Sounds like a fast filling compressor, don’t the air tube get hot when filling that fast?

genet
    Participant

Holy year-old posts Batman! Somewhere here I posted when I got my AV compressor (circa 2014). It’s going strong. I’m still under 50 hours, so I haven’t replaced the oil or the filter yet – which means I have the spare filter (and gaskets, and a bunch of other stuff) from the original shipment. No complaints to date. Until a couple weeks ago it was filling a scuba tank to 3000psi. I stepped up to a 250bar rifle, and it’s filled that a few times and I now have a 100cuft. cylinder for 4500psi, but I have not yet filled that. Other than lacking an hour meter (which I added) it’s been perfect.

GsT

sandalelect
    Participant

I have been using my Air Venturi Compressor without problem, so far I’ve only filled the rifles and topped off a scuba tank several times and also a tank for some local paintballers, Still don’t have five hours on it yet.

maw
    Participant

I have a jim frogman compressor was always getting a a stuck valve have not used in a year now. I wish I had one working.

sandalelect
    Participant

I see that nobody really post much anymore on this site, guess I’m just as guilty, the site is not as user friendly as it used to be.

sandalelect
    Participant

Sorry I took so long with an answer, But all told with the air drier and the extra packets for it and the extra oil for changes and a few other odd fittings I’d say around $1700.00 but come April 2021 I will have had it two years. Don’t know how much now, but you can look it up on Pyramyd Air or Talon tunes sites.

sandalelect
    Participant

Finally Have a 98 cubic foot carbon fiber tank on the way, also a quick connect fitting for charging my Airforce bottles and the net carrying case for the carbon fiber tank. Can finally get rid of the scuba tanks, less weight more air.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.