Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Air Arms S510 TDR

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns Air Arms S510 TDR

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bogman 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Went and added an Air Arms S510 TDR in .177 to the line up.
    I am wondering if anyone has one or knows of anyone with one? Quality etc.. seems like a sweet rig, I have about 2 acres and a couple neighbors on one side. My .25 Vulcan sends lead well past my target and has closed me to pass on a few shots.. I figure this to become my backyard equalizer. Considered a Leshiy but kind of dig the look and style of this TDR.

Tell me good stories chaps!

iride
    Participant

At least they give you a date, I been waiting on my Vulcan 177 for about 4 months,
    I also pass up a few shots with my 25 and 22 guns that I would take with a 177,
    Mike

quote iride:

At least they give you a date, I been waiting on my Vulcan 177 for about 4 months,
    I also pass up a few shots with my 25 and 22 guns that I would take with a 177,
    Mike

It does seem to be some time now since I read of your decision on the Vulcan. I too considered one since my .25 is such a gem but figured I’d venture to this TDR as its had my eye for a little while. I may toss an Altaros regulator in after finding a pellet and speed.

bogman

Bet you’ll be happy with that one, congrats! I’ve got the .22 version of the S510 FAC and it has remained one of my favorites, despite not having a regulator. Once it’s zeroed, you’ll find that the optimal psi is below max. fill pressure. Punching paper will indicate the best pressure range. For example, if I fill to 180 BAR, accuracy is great until about 150 BAR, about two magazines worth. By great accuracy I mean it can nail a stink bug at 40 yds.

Unless AA changed the magazine advancing system since my gun, take special care not to bend the indexing arm/spring; be sure to open the cocking lever completely and hold it as far open as it’ll go before inserting a fresh magazine. The transparent mag. cover lets you confirm the proper position as it’ll click into place when functioning correctly.

quote bogman:

Bet you’ll be happy with that one, congrats! I’ve got the .22 version of the S510 FAC and it has remained one of my favorites, despite not having a regulator. Once it’s zeroed, you’ll find that the optimal psi is below max. fill pressure. Punching paper will indicate the best pressure range. For example, if I fill to 180 BAR, accuracy is great until about 150 BAR, about two magazines worth. By great accuracy I mean it can nail a stink bug at 40 yds.

Unless AA changed the magazine advancing system since my gun, take special care not to bend the indexing arm/spring; be sure to open the cocking lever completely and hold it as far open as it’ll go before inserting a fresh magazine. The transparent mag. cover lets you confirm the proper position as it’ll click into place when functioning correctly.

Thanks man! I’m super excited..it shipped today should have it Friday. I have read 180 is a better starting point for most. I may even toss an Altaros regulator in it. A couple articles I read mentioned the valve functions best at 180 but when regulated one can fill higher and control pressure thus vastly increasing count..idk we will see for know I’ll just shoot lol.

bogman

Oh, another thing to watch: Make sure you’re using dry air! The AA tubes are pretty hard steel, but not that thick. Not sure a hand pump would work, long-term. I used one for a couple years, w/ a dry pack, but it would be better to use a Diabolo type filter, if you use a hand pump.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar