air arms s200 stock

Home Forums General Mods/Machinists air arms s200 stock

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    rabbits
    Participant

i have been busy the last few weeks lads getting a new projeect stock to work on and i have started one for a mate,s s200 .the wood i,m useing is black walnut and seems to work well with the tools he,s a wee clip off how i,m going so far 😀
    http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z230/stevenb_011/?action=view&current=5a183da2.pbw

buba-b
    Participant

Think forests shake with fear when your around Rabbits 😀 another stock ! . I realy like the S200 but the 2 piece stock is just dam ugly 🙁 . The one ,s ive seen with one piece arfter market stocks set the S200 off a whole lot better. Good skills with the slotting , looks sharp 😀

rabbits
    Participant

ye mate if i had the chance i would be takeing some off my bro inlaws walnut trees down lol the bugger won,t let me tho 👿

knifemaker
    Participant

This one in gone’a look good!

rabbits
    Participant

well it,s getting there here,s what i got done today http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z230/stevenb_011/?action=view&current=374e5ed6.pbw 😛

libertyman777
    Participant

Very nice. I’m super impressed with you guys that build your own. I’m actually thinking about giving it a try and building a stock for this rifle:

It’s a rimfire but I really like it even though the stock blows. It’s of Russian lineage and has the “mandatory” short LOP, and it’s too short for my tastes. Not to mention that the stock looks like a piece of stove wood.

Any tips for a first time guy. I’m not planning on a expensive piece of wood and I may just laminate some ply together. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

wasenshi
    Participant

This is a real poetry of woodsmithery 8)
    Well done, Steven

rabbits
    Participant

paul mate to be honest with u mate don,t even think about an expensive bit off wood till u know u can do the stock do a few try out,s on ply or poplar both r easy woods to work and uu have to rememeber the rimmi,s action r tottaly differant to an air rifle and the barrel section,s off the rimmi,s taper down on size .at the moment i,m doing the odd set off grips and stocks for guys i know and there paying for the wood and a wee contabution to me and i meen wee i,m not in it for the money i want to c how good i can do the stock and don,t think it,s fair that we should pay silly money for them.my rimmi stock will get done when i can afford two blanks off nice wood so if i knacker one up i have the other there but that will take a while to get there ..if u want to ask me anyhting don,t hesitate i,m here every day 😀

rabbits
    Participant
    baz
    Participant

Good work mate! Nice piece of wood, I’ve been trying to find a supplier of suitable wood to make a stock, but don’t seem to be having much luck. When I have finished making this bull-pup would you be interested in making a stock for it, If I send it up to you? Not looked into the cost of having one made but if you were to give me a quote, we could sought something out.

blodnob
    Participant

Av got an old plank you could tie to it. Probly double the value.

rabbits
    Participant

baz mate give me a shout and i would be more than happy to do a stock for it .i,m getting some walnut deliverd this week and some off a mate on here aswel so i should have enough wood about.send me a pm and we,ll chat some about it . 😀

baz
    Participant

Thanks for the offer Blodnob, by the way you are a plank.

OK rabbits, I’ll get in touch when I’ve sorted out the trigger linkage and magazine. I’m looking for something with a forward pistol grip, abit like the Ed gun [matador] but without the hook on the shoulder rest.

rabbits
    Participant

no probs baz mate just drop me and e-mail off a few idea,s u like and well get to it as soon as u like . 😀

rabbits
    Participant

right lads here we go this is the stocks first coat off oil should be giveing it about 5-7 but it,s look nice now ain,t it

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z230/stevenb_011/?action=view&current=71777d66.pbw

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.