Air Arms 410E Side Lever ARRIVED !!!

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns Air Arms 410E Side Lever ARRIVED !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    y
    Participant

… Well actually just part of it did. The single shot tray I ordered from RC machine. The gun itself is still in the hand’s of FedEx somewhere between here and Illinois. Delivery date was pushed back from tomorrow to Thursday 😡 .

In the meantime I have this to have my way with.

and loaded with a poly tip predator that Anthony sent me years ago.

hellratter
    Participant

what kind of velocity are you getting from that tray? 😆 😆 😆 Seriously when you get the rifle let me know if the tray is a tight fit, worried about scratching 😉

y
    Participant

That isnt going into the gun until I’ve sanded down the sides and put a few layers of duracoat on it to protect the gun.

I wish they offered a delrin version.

teflontron
    Participant

I still haven’t heard word of my Wolf, much less got it back in my hands, so I’m living vicariously through YN’s excitement. 😆

walkonking
    Participant
    quote TeflonTron:

I still haven’t heard word of my Wolf, much less got it back in my hands, so I’m living vicariously through YN’s excitement. 😆

I was a 1/2 mile from your Air wolf on Friday and Sunday…. 😉

teflontron
    Participant

You bastard.

rob3dr
    Participant

YN…

It appears that you are not going to get a good seal on that tray adapter….sorry to tell you.

I did read about an easy mod somewhere that will fix that. Cheap, too at around .25 cents.

First you’ll need some bubble gum. Chew it up well and stick it to the open side on the adapter where the leak is going to be. …got it? Good.

NOW… when you load a pellet and hold the adapter up to your mouth to blow it out, the gum on the side will press against your lips in the corner of your mouth to create a perfect seal. 😆 Who needs the gun? You’ve got the adapter, you have lungs. You’ll never have to pump or use expensive CF tanks!

teflontron
    Participant

I heard that YN gets about 20fpe of puff using that method, but that Adam can get over 80fpe!

rob3dr
    Participant

Could it be that Adam uses the longer pellets?

This is going downhill FAST…..

walkonking
    Participant
    quote TeflonTron:

I heard that YN gets about 20fpe of puff using that method, but that Adam can get over 80fpe!

Its true but I have only been able to do it once and never repeat it again. So I doubt all others who make amazing claims….:lol:

teflontron
    Participant
    quote Adam in SoCal:

quote TeflonTron:

Its true but I have only been able to do it once and never repeat it again. So I doubt all others who make amazing claims….:lol:

Yes, you told me about that. You were in Highschool, right?

blackops
    Participant

You got some real perty lips there boy! 😮

TT you’ve got a Wolf on the way! sweet!!! LOL I’ve shot mine like 40 times in my basement 🙄 as I still havn’t found a place to shoot around my house 👿 can’t wait to hear how you like yours .22?

Jim.

teflontron
    Participant

Hi Jim. Yes, it’s a .22 indeed. I got it about 10 weeks ago, and then sent it off to PAG to have a shroud made for it. They’ve had it for about 6 weeks, and are meant to be giving me a call this week, so hopefully I won’t have too much longer to wait.

y
    Participant

It came…. No really, I mean it this time.

Fedex guy comes by at 10.00am I open door and the box is sitting up against the porch, I sign the electronic doo hickey and the driver walks off and I pick up the Box…. turn it around as I do so and 😯

Dirty great dent in the Box…. I call the driver back and ask him to stay while I just open the outer box to make sure inner box is intact. He says sure so I open it, and the AA box inside looks fine.

I knew I didnt mind the length that much from shooting cygnusx’s gun a few times, but that was a while ago and I’m a nervous ninny and was starting to worry…. But I can rest easy, gun shoulder just fine, doesnt seem overly long to me at all (But I am over 6″ tall).

Finish on these is really nice – no imperfections on the metalwork, stock is nice. I just got beech because I hunt and dont really want a fancy stock, but even the beech is a well made stock and has a nice little darker wood end cap on the pistol grip and very nice checkering.

Got my scope mounted, I think I picked the right height rings, I think the mediums would have been just a bit too low, but I might buy some just to make sure sometime.

Everyone’s no doubt seen hundreds of pictures of these, so I just took a few pictures of whats different on the newer guns. Shroud is fatter, looks hefty. Side lever works very nicely. I prefer the look of the bolt, but I’m liking the lever just fine.

The end cap is really nicely made, Fluted at the tip

And unscrews to reveal a female 1/2″ UNF thread.

I assumed it was going to be male… will need to get a coupler if I want to use one of the more popular LDC’s… but from what I’ve read I dont need to with the new shroud.

You might be thinking.. he got it at 10… and he’s posting pictures at 11.20, why aint he shooting it… Well.. CYGNUSX has my tank still after borrowing it for the hog hunt. The Hill Pump I have doesnt seem to do anything, maybe because the gun is totally empty, but I dont feel like figuring it out right now. Happy just looking at the gun sitting accross the room…

I’ve thought.. hey this is a nice gun, I’ll keep it with a LOT of my past guns before, but still ended up selling it. I thought it about the Condor, and then again with the BSA S-10. But I KNOW I’ll be keeping this one (unless it breaks..).

walkonking
    Participant

That looks great. Is that end piece in the shroud that is threaded…the female part plastic or aluminum?

For what they are charging it looks like at least they made some nice changes.

BTW they are a bear to fill with a pump from empty. More then one guy had to go find a guy to fill it with a scuba for the first fill. Funny mine came with 1000psi and ready to go.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.