Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

AGD/Iraqveteran8888 AirForce Texan Review Collaboration

Home Forums AirForce Texan AGD/Iraqveteran8888 AirForce Texan Review Collaboration

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    airgundepot
    Participant

Hey everyone, We have something that I’m really excited to share with you. Since SHOT show we have been working with Eric and Chad from Iraqveteran8888 on YouTube and we are nearing completion on a feature review of the AirForce Texan. Eric has one of the largest YouTube audiences within the gun world, and this review will really bridge the gap between Firearms and Airguns (as well as winning Eric over to Airguns!). The upcoming video will feature ballistics gel testing and some updated chrony data, as well as a lot of shooting that I think you will all really enjoy. Check out the “definitive guide to the AirForce Texan” that we have put together for a sneak peak at some of the chrony numbers Eric pulled, and a few photos from the video shoot. Just click on the link and then click the box labled “Iraqveteran8888 Preview Review” The video should be live and will be on our definitive guide page in just a few days. We think you’ll really enjoy seeing what the Texan can do! Texans should be shipping early next month!

~Cameron
    AGD Marketing Team

airgundepot
    Participant

The video went live this morning if you didn’t catch it check it out here : Definitive Guide to the AirForce Texan

chrisyboy
    Participant

Pretty cool. But what’s really strange to me is all very short range shots (15 yards maybe) and not a single medium range (30 yards plus) shots let alone 50 yards, 75 yards and 100 yards. So it can blow holes in tins of spam and aerosol cans, big deal, so can all our Airforce guns.

lurker-1
    Participant

I would like to have the .45 Texan but I don’t think they have realized how to promote it yet.
    Lacking long range capability until we get our hands on it, I suggest they promote it as an Elephant Gun or something the could easily demonstrate it as a Bunker or Block Buster 💡

on-the-edge
    Participant

I am indeed very interested in seeing what this bunch does with them. Maybe in two or three years those mods will show up on the production guns?

I do have to wonder, so many have complained about the frame flexing on the old AF rifles. Have they fixed that issue?

tagdagger
    Participant

They really did some good work on that side lever. 22lb hammer spring and it looked like he barley touched it to cock it.

The multiple ports also interesting. I saw a pic a while back of one of the Chinese knock offs of a AF type valve with similar multiple ports.
    I thought it was a gimmick, but it must have a practical benefit for AF to use it on this Big bore.

The video is very well done, but they do need a follow up video with some 50,80 and 100 yard accuracy shots with different grain bullets.

chrisyboy
    Participant

The side lever cocking is the business. I bet you get much less mechanical noise with that. The gun just needs a good shroud and Doug or Tony to get hold of it. Put me down for a TT Texan 🙂

airgundepot
    Participant
    quote Chrisyboy:

Pretty cool. But what’s really strange to me is all very short range shots (15 yards maybe) and not a single medium range (30 yards plus) shots let alone 50 yards, 75 yards and 100 yards. So it can blow holes in tins of spam and aerosol cans, big deal, so can all our Airforce guns.

There are a few longer range shots on steel at the beginning, but you are correct, most of the ballistics tests where fairly close range. The idea behind this video was to appeal more to of a mass audience that, for the most part, is unaware that a .45 cal airgun exists, or even what a PCP airgun in general can do. We have some things in the works to put the Texan through its paces and get some more definitive testing done with longer ranges and more definitive ballistics testing that will be coming in the near future.

airgundepot
    Participant
    quote tagdagger:

They really did some good work on that side lever. 22lb hammer spring and it looked like he barley touched it to cock it.

The multiple ports also interesting. I saw a pic a while back of one of the Chinese knock offs of a AF type valve with similar multiple ports.
    I thought it was a gimmick, but it must have a practical benefit for AF to use it on this Big bore.

The video is very well done, but they do need a follow up video with some 50,80 and 100 yard accuracy shots with different grain bullets.

From the little time I have had on the Texan I can say that I love the side cocking lever. I would actually like to see it available on more models from airforce, for me its so much more intuitive than the current cocking knob set up. Its super smooth as well, really effortless to operate. We are already making plans for a follow up, Ill post it up here in the near future once we get it all wrapped up.

rj-porter
    Participant

So he says we don’t have hollow point bullets for airguns yet??? He sure hasn’t checked out my website yet. Then I read that ammo manufacturers are racing to make bullets for them. Hell just call me and I have everything they need and guarantee my bullets will be more accurate than anything out there. That’s a promise. I have a nice lineup of bullets for 457/458 that are cast in pure lead.

airgundepot
    Participant

Ive got a phone call scheduled with Eric today, Ill point him your way.

rj-porter
    Participant

Yes send him to me.
    http://www.accuratebigboreairgunammo.com
    I got the stuff to get the job done.

tofazfou
    Participant

Love that guys enthusiasm! Great video too. Man i wish i had property like in the film. There would be lots of me running around nak………….well, you guys get my point.

And yeah, you should really order up some of the 310 gr 457 HP’s that RJ Porter sells. Those bullets were the cats meow in my old 457 Haley and destroyed anything hit with them. Especially game (no more lathing bullets……lol)

chrisyboy
    Participant

Thank you for your reply Airgundepot. I eagerly await more videos and updates on the Texan. It looks to me like a beautiful gun and a fantastic platform from which to build and modify to your specific requirements. A fantastic gun to add to your product range that might catch a lot of customers previously fixed on the smell of gunpowder. :fishinghole:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.