Skip to toolbar

About how much would a

Home Forums AirForce General Chat About how much would a

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    targeteer07
    Participant

Talon tunes tuned Condor with a baffled shroud, hammer slap mod, and anything else to make it quiet cost? Like, mouse fart quiet? Would 800ish fps (14.3-16gr) be feasible and still be extremely quiet? I will be sending him an email tonight or tomorrow, but wanted to hear any reviews or thoughts on this first. Thanks!

ambush-hunter
    Participant

Tony has his prices listed on most of services, but the best way to figure this out is to call or e-mail him. Trust me, whatever you get from him it’s going to rock your airgun world. Worth every penny.

targeteer07
    Participant

I just emailed him. Thank for the response! I feel loved! 😀

nuglor
    Participant

My TalonTunes Condor w/ .25 barrel and custom stock from Steve Corcoran as well as scope, bipod, laser and swivels cost damn near 2K.

targeteer07
    Participant

😯 2K!! 😯 😯

photo22
    Participant

If you check in the Condor and Hunting sections you will find good Info. and reviews on his work, and what it can do. If your looking for 800ish fps with 14.3 or 16gr pellets, your in for a shock 😯 His setup will do better than that with a 31gr and 42.8gr pellet in .25cal. It will cost for all the bells and whistles…you know, laser,light,big glass, tri-rail and more. Total cost even after Tony’s work will be up as Nuglor has listed for you but you will have one sweet hunting/shooting machine 😀 .

Anonymous
    Inactive

IMHO that is money well spent. 8) 8) He’s got a true work of art. I got a couple bucks invested in the hobby as well. Worth every penny I spent.

When’s the last time your Condor/Talon spoke back to you, bitched & complained, or told you that you need to quit smoking and drinking? Not mine! 😆 😆

Harry

nuglor
    Participant

Oh brother…. do you really want to know? Are you sitting down? The gun, .25 barrel setup, complete tune by Tony of TalonTunes, custom shroud, tri-rail mount, scope and scope mounts was $1550. Then you’ve got the laser, bipod, sling mounts and custom wood. That’s another $365. With a sling and pellets, I’ve got a good 2K into it total. Psssst….. Don’t let my wife know. She’d freakin’ kill me! BUT…. I’m getting around 960 fps with a 42g pellet. That come out to around 86 fpe. And I can peg the tack holding the targets up at 50 yrds. on a calm day. Just as accurate as my Custom target 10/22 that I built. 😈

walkonking
    Participant

Nuglor,

2 large?…..I won’t tell 😈

nuglor
    Participant
    quote WalkonKing:

Nuglor,

Yeah… and worth EVERY DAMN PENNY of it!!! 😀 😀 😀

photo22
    Participant

Yeah Nug’s got that bad a$$ wood. That will push the cost up some.

mikemilz
    Participant

Tony is worth every bit of the money I am saving now for a shroud and some mod’s but I know I will be happy with the work…… 🙂

walkonking
    Participant
    quote Nuglor:

quote WalkonKing:

Nuglor,

Yeah… and worth EVERY DAMN PENNY of it!!! 😀 😀 😀

Yea, Tony is worth it. That is a given.

The question is does your wife think you are worth it 😆 😆 😆 😆

shrpshotr28
    Participant
    quote targeteer07:

😯 2K!! 😯 😯

First, I echo everyone else. getting one of these looking & shootinig the way you want is SOOOOO worth it. I have about 1500 in mine & just ordered 400 in barrel/shroud/hammer from tony.

Second, don’t let the numbers scare you off. This can be done in stages and not so painful. I’ve had mine 2 years. started w/ .177 TSS, Velocity and accuracy great, trigger soso. Tune time. Coult hit golf balls easily at 40yd or better. initial setup 750 w/ hand pump. add good sights, 200.00. Decided wanted more range/power, upgrade to 24″ .22 w/ shroud, 250.00. Custom stock (made my own), now changing again to the .25.

Yes, a lot of money. but this is the most satisfying hobby I have (yes I choked initially at the thought of spending close to a grand on a “bb gun”. Not for everyone, but worth every penny.

Here’s some perspective:
    bass boat = $xx,000 costs me $100 every time it goes out
    gets used: 2-3 times a month summer, sits all winter
    powderburning guns = $x,000.00 costs ammo+range+transportation for each use, used 2-3 times /yr + some hunting
    Fishing: Gear+tackle+trips…….too much (but I still do it)

vs.

Talon w/ mods, requires just Pellets and air.
    with my mods I basically have three guns for the total investment, just 5 minutes to change barrels etc for indoor shooting .177, 22 for med range, lots of shots on med power. or the 25 for hunting/long range.

Plus the talon gets used 3-5 days a week. still puts a smile on my face everytime I splatter a paintball from 50 yards or hear the smack of a headshot on a sparrow from 40+ yards. The look on the face of othes when they see how this gun shoots: priceless. NO REGRETS HERE, IN FACT DEBATING A SECOND ONE.

Not terribly expensive when compared to some of my other hobbies/things I spend money on

i

mikemilz
    Participant

shrpshotr28, I couldnt of said it better myself. All of my other hobbies are great I have over 400 pair of tennis shoes at least 350 have not been opened yet, over $50,000 in music equip. and nothing makes me feel like a kid but my Talon SS 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.