Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

A Gift From Predator Int…..

Home Forums AirForce General Chat A Gift From Predator Int…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    anthony266

What do you think?

blacktalon6
    Participant

Looks good. But to me nothing is like the real thing. (LEAD ALL THE WAY BABY :8: )

birdman
    Participant

Speaking only for myself , competitive shooting only means one thing . Paper target punching only . Lead free for this type of
    shooting maybe better than pellets with lead and for all of those who enjoy this type of shooting I wish you all the fun and all
    the best in shooting this type of pellet . However , if you are like me and want to shoot wild game and make the kind of kills
    that we know that lead pellets make , these new lead free pellets will not work for me and I will not be shooting them . Unless ,
    Predator Int… can show me videos of types of wild game that these lead free pellets can take down then as far as I can tell they
    are only to be used for paper targets ? :5: :5: :5:

cricket
    Participant

Birdman, look at the weight of the Pellets. They are for targets and not hunting

birdman
    Participant

Cricket , I saw the pellet grain weight and certain types of birds and critters like mice are considered wild game and can be taken
    with the pellet grain size given for these non-lead pellets . The main reason for my post was because the original post started as
    Predator Int… which means to me a predator is a wild game of some sort and not paper targets which Predator Int…. Pellets did
    not expand on . If they only meant their post to reflect paper target shooting only then they should have stated their pellet was
    for paper target shooting only which they did not do . I for one will never consider a paper target as a predator . :4: :4: :4:

cricket
    Participant

It makes sense for me with pellets like this. You need a lot less air to get them up to speed so shot count should be superb wich is what you want along with accuracy when Target shooting.

hoot
    Participant

:hoot:

Like everything else…”value” is a relative thing.

Non-lead, light weight pellets are not new, and have their place in the sport. What’s more important is how much they cost. There’s not many pellets per can, and if they require a premium price per tin, then I would not be interested.

If you shoot in an indoor environment, without ventilation, they might be of some value, depending on what you read and who wrote it. Note the cans state clearly “…for competitive use.” That’s a niche market and likely most accurate in a controlled environment, low velocities, no wind, indoor range distances. I wouldn’t use these in the field.

I am not a wild-eyed lead free environmentalist. However, I do use responsible backstops…squirrels, racoons, possum, etc.

I occasionally shoot trees, but I don’t hug them.

Hoot:

onebaddj
    Participant

Free is always nice!

If they are accurate they may be good for smaller work like pests. High velocity light weight super hard rounds can do some serious damage if they are accurate.

Give them a whirl and see what happens.

just-joe
    Participant

Why don’t you give them a try and tell us what you think? I would be great if you could do a wright up or a YouTube video. I’m not above trying new stuff, it be great to have some positive feed back first, before spending hard earned money. Is the material that pellets made out of soft like lead or harder like steel or porcelain. I love to see some 50 yard groups. Push a pellet thru one of you barrels let’s see the shape and scars it takes on, we can compare it to a lead pellet you pushed thru the same barrel. Thanks Joe

anthony266

Great idea….anyone want to do a review?

tofazfou
    Participant
    quote Anthony266:

Great idea….anyone want to do a review?

Suuuure! Send them on my way sir.

Had a chance to see these in person when i recently went to Colorado which i met up with the guys at Predator International. I also hunted prarie dogs there went a bunch of friends and witnessed these pups in action. While we did not target shot with them, I could see they have potential

onebaddj
    Participant

I can send them through a few guns and see what they do in the gel at different velocitys from 600 fps to warp 3. That was the next video in line anyway.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.