Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

900+ fpe-45 Texan-New Doug Noble Valve-VIDEO

Home Forums AirForce Texan 900+ fpe-45 Texan-New Doug Noble Valve-VIDEO

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jhunter77 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

rifle50

Hi All,

This is with AIR ONLY. Accurate Chrono mounted at same angle as barrel for CORRECT READINGS……Not fake ### as has been represented on websites recently……..Click low RIGHT OF VIDEO and FULL SCREEN
    Carl

rrdstarr

sweet!

gabuin
    Participant

Good!!

Have you tried with lees weight to achieve different velocities?.

rifle50
    quote gabuin:

Good!!

Have you tried with lees weight to achieve different velocities?.

Yes I have tried different bullets down to 280 gr and from Max psi down to 3000 psi……I am concerned right now with the heavier bullets and best accuracy ………I think i even shot some Round Ball 143 gr at 2900-3000 psi and was like 1100 fps? Valve’s best attributes are sending 383 gr bullets over 925 fps with 3500 psi…….

Carl

rifle50

Pics of the CUSTOM TEXAN BUILD…………..Click to ENLARGE PIC
    Carl

Attachments:

rrdstarr

How big is the Carbon fibre bottle?

rifle50
    quote Rrdstarr:

How big is the Carbon fibre bottle?

CF bottle is 1000 cc., or 1 liter………With valve at MAX pressure a 500 cc tank didn’t have enough air left to close the valve upon firing, as I do not use a return spring in valve and would DUMP TANK…..Doug Noble knew I had the 1 liter CF TANK and said to put valve in it and try shooting this way….With so much air going down barrel when fired this larger tank worked….I also picked up about 15 fps on chronograph with the bigger tank too…… Need an extension to put on tank to install valve in as DIA. of tank to big to mount directly to AIRFORCE FRAME……

All works quite well………….Carl

rrdstarr

I have a 2 litre I need to mount and see how the “fit” is. Maybe too long and to round to get a cheek weld for the scope.

Thanks Carl for the info!

rifle50
    quote Rrdstarr:

I have a 2 litre I need to mount and see how the “fit” is. Maybe too long and to round to get a cheek weld for the scope.

You are welcome………….This angled adapter MAY work for 2 liter tank? Scope can come WAY BACK?? I have this angled adapter but have a straight adapter on TEXAN now, to get the set back needed……… give this a look. Comes shipped from I THINK INDIA where mine came from??

Carl

rifle50
    quote rifle50:

quote Rrdstarr:

You are welcome………….This angled adapter MAY work for 2 liter tank? Scope can come WAY BACK?? I have this angled adapter but have a straight adapter on TEXAN now, to get the set back needed……… give this a look. Comes shipped from I THINK INDIA where mine came from??

Carl

rrdstarr

Eh?

rifle50
    quote Rrdstarr:

Eh?

Well they have the extensions………….I linked it TWICE and when I hit PREVIEW it was a lit up active in BLUE LINK………Hit submit and it goes away…..GOOGLE PCP TUNES and look for it, I found it……Don’t know why link didn’t work TWICE……..

maw

Now that’s impressive power!!

x-shot
    Participant

Is that the stock barrel or did you upgrade the barrel to a different kind?

rifle50
    quote x shot:

Is that the stock barrel or did you upgrade the barrel to a different kind?

I upgraded barrel. Stock Lothar was a decent barrel and shot on video CLAYS at 600 yds with it. After doing the 600 yd shoot, new barrel was in so removed stock bbl and never shot it again. I wanted a PREMIUM Barrel. Ordered a Krieger, with 1-26″ twist rate. Wait time was 8 months and then Gunsmith had to turn to fit Texan insides and that was more time and $$$$. All the upgrades were worth it to me as I am now SWAGING my OWN Bullets for it too….

Carl

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar