840 fps Drozd

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns 840 fps Drozd

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    nuglor
    Participant

O.K., I know most of you guys don’t like BB guns, but I’ve got my Drozd shooting 840 fps with a 1000psi regulator on my HPA tank. 30 rounds in 1.5 seconds in the area the size of a quarter will do some SERIOUS damage! 😈

photo22
    Participant

Now that looks like some serious fun. I always wanted one just for show an tell, but my suck ass state will not allow it. 😳

y
    Participant

Nuglor – Holy crap !

You shooting lead or steel bb’s…. I would have one if it wasnt for hearing that the barrels wear out pretty quick at the breech end if you use steel, and they can jam if you use lead to avoid the barrel issue…

Photo – You cant have a drozd in CA? Whats their reasoning behind that.. just a freaking BB gun….

photo22
    Participant
    quote Yellow Ninja:

Nuglor – Holy crap !

You shooting lead or steel bb’s…. I would have one if it wasnt for hearing that the barrels wear out pretty quick at the breech end if you use steel, and they can jam if you use lead to avoid the barrel issue…

Photo – You cant have a drozd in CA? Whats their reasoning behind that.. just a freaking BB gun….

Thats a good question, it beats me. I think the word (auto) has something to do with it. 🙁

nuglor
    Participant

Using a heat treated barrel from JimC, the wear is almost non-existent using steel BB’s. I know some guys with these barrels that have over 25K rounds through them and there is almost no wear. The stock Drozd barrels are complete pieces of crap compared to a JimC barrel.

You can check out his stuff here. http://www.airgunartisans.com/AAJimC.htm

sluggo
    Participant
    quote photo22:

Now that looks like some serious fun. I always wanted one just for show an tell, but my suck ass state will not allow it. 😳

I live in cali and they sell them all over.
    You must be in San Fransisco.

photo22
    Participant

You must be in San Fransisco.[/quote]

I’m in the Bayarea but not SF. I have seen where mail order stores will not ship them to Cali? And I have never seen one in a store in my area.

sluggo
    Participant
    quote photo22:

You must be in San Fransisco.

I’m in the Bayarea but not SF. I have seen where mail order stores will not ship them to Cali? And I have never seen one in a store in my area.[/quote]

There is a restriction in San Fransisco City on Airsoft and other things.
    Bay Area should be okay. Call Pyramidair and buy one.
    California is not as bad as other states.
    Drozd is okay by state but you might want to check with the city you live in.

photo22
    Participant

There is a restriction in San Fransisco City on Airsoft and other things.
    Bay Area should be okay. Call Pyramidair and buy one.
    California is not as bad as other states.
    Drozd is okay by state but you might want to check with the city you live in.[/quote]

I will look into them again. It looks like I should go more into my quest for one. I like the bulk Co2 one at Pyramid 😀 Sportsmansguide would not ship one to my address? They said Cali. siad NO. How many shots are you getting with the setup you have?

sluggo
    Participant

Sportsmanguide will not ship to Ca because they don’t want to.
    I have had the same issue with them.
    I get hundreds of shots.
    I have the 3000psi tank with JimC bulk adapter.
    Drozd can shoot Gamo lead ball at full auto if you don’t want to shoot steel.
    You will have to mod the clip to shoot lead ball. Easy mod.
    I think the Drozd is the best BB gun out there. Tons of upgrades and a ton of fun.
    I have a 24″ barrel on order right now with JimC.

get-the-blue-jay
    Participant

photo22 try this place out, http://www.canyon-sports.com/
    they are located off to the hwy 4 side of down town Martinez, I haven’t been there in a year or so, but I believe they keep it in stock.

photo22
    Participant
    quote get the blue jay:

photo22 try this place out, http://www.canyon-sports.com/
    they are located off to the hwy 4 side of down town Martinez, I haven’t been there in a year or so, but I believe they keep it in stock.

I remember that place, but I never been there. I will check them out.

THANKS

randyhub
    Participant

Yeah I love my Drozd nothing like 1200 rpm on bulk!!! Oh except fpr a MP5D I fired that was just plain spooky!!!

Randy

y
    Participant

Love that video Randy.

randyhub
    Participant

Thanks my wife forbids me shooting steel BBs in the basement anymore ever since she caught me giving the kids magnets and telling who ever gets the most BB’s stuck on the end of the pick up tool wins! 😥

She said I was pretty lazy and a bad Dad. 😕 I was just trying to keep them occupied. 😀

Oh well they both enjoy tinkering in my shop, bought my daughter a Red Ryder and the boy a little Japanese .177 air rifle, they just to wait a few more years.

Randy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.