Skip to toolbar

7mm LBT mold (thoughts and results)

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns 7mm LBT mold (thoughts and results)

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    oldgoat
    Participant

Ced; I know that I should try the cast bullets out first before having Erik HP them. The problem is that my cut down cast bullets were still too heavy for what I want. I want them to be in the 46-48 grain weight.

I just heard back from Veral. He can make the .250” bullet in any driving band size that I want. I have to slug my barrels and send the slugs to him along with USPS payment. He said that he could cut down the boat tail and reduce the weight of the bullet.

Veral also told me that he offers a .258” bullet that is more accurate than the bullet that I want to order. I’ve wasted 2 years on trying to come up with a stupid accurate .257” bullet. My $1800 spent on a RCE swaging press and dies was a total loss! Oh Well: I now know that swaging an air gun bullet doesn’t work.

I emailed Veral back asking him for some pictures of his super accurate .257” cast bullet. If it looks good, I will order one of them also.

I ordered a 30 cal JSB pellet shooting.294”bore -.300 groove hammer forged barrel from TJs today and it is being sent to Sean for threading, chamber and crown work.

I am a widowed oldgoat that has a limited income but, I don’t want to waste another year trying to come up with something that shoots lights out. Who knows, I might not be able to do this next year! 😯

I’m just going to throw money at it and see what I can come up with this year.

knifemaker
    Participant

Let take a look at the pic when you get it Tedd. Sounds like a winner!!!

Put the 500cc 4500 psi bottle on teh Talon/Dor this afternoon. So far, interesting results. Only got to test for about an hour, but really looking Good!

Mike

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.