Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

357 shows its face: BENJAMIN BULLDOG

Home Forums BullPups Bulldog .357 357 shows its face: BENJAMIN BULLDOG

This topic contains 95 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  raven223 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 96 total)
  • Author

hoot
    Participant
    quote Nomadic Pirate:

Yeah, but changing barrels isn’t all that cheap, now we are looking to had about 300 bucks between barrel and fitting,…the gun start to become awfully expensive.

True. Why not buy one of the Korean PowerPups and be done with it.

Hoot:

Exactly, at that point 600 buck will get you a .357 Recluse 500cc

lightweight, short, dual power, shoots everything well, can be tuned to 200+ “REAL” FPE

I think the BullDog is a good idea, but if you’re handcuffed to shoot only the Heavy ammo, …that’s gonna hurt.

ronin001

I will say this I want to love this gun I just like the concept (compact, light and plenty of picattiny/weaver rail space, etc….) but, I dont think its a $1000 gun. It is maybe…maybe a $700’ish gun. The stock alone is “cheap plastic” and I am pretty sure you can’t even take the stock off without Voiding your warranty on the gun (correct me if I am wrong about void warranty). To top it off its not easy finding ammo with out going with over priced $0.80 per shot “Benjamin eXSTREME Bullet by Nosler”

hoot
    Participant
    quote RONIN001:

I will say this I want to love this gun I just like the concept (compact, light and plenty of picattiny/weaver rail space, etc….) but, I dont think its a $1000 gun. It is maybe…maybe a $700’ish gun. The stock alone is “cheap plastic” and I am pretty sure you can’t even take the stock off without Voiding your warranty on the gun (correct me if I am wrong about void warranty). To top it off its not easy finding ammo with out going with over priced $0.80 per shot “Benjamin eXSTREME Bullet by Nosler”

Good points! Crosman simply can’t seem to get it right. There are better, proven guns for less money.

Nomadic Pirate is the best source for info on large caliber bull pups. Check his posts out on the Yellow and here.

Hoot:

just had a Look at the string posted by Pyramyd with the JSB pellets,…..not very impressed at all.

ronin001
    quote Nomadic Pirate:

just had a Look at the string posted by Pyramyd with the JSB pellets,…..not very impressed at all.

Those number make no sence…. pellet skirt must not be forming to the barrel. (should be closer to 1000 FPS)

Shot 1: 897
    Shot 2: 908
    Shot 3: 903
    Shot 4: 892
    Shot 5: 882
    Shot 6: 876
    Shot 7: 864
    Shot 8: 848
    Shot 9: 833
    Shot 10: 817

ronin001

The dust cover or as Crossman calls it “Fill Nipple Cover” is very week and over time will break.

or if you are me it broke when I first took it off. lol

Deep breath!!… It has/had (??) such potential to be a great hunting rifle..

rkr

I got those velocities with JSBs when my Evanix was a 180 fpe gun. 180 fpe was achieved with 134 grain bullets. It looks like the Bulldog is not as powerful as advertised. Maybe I should get some of those heavy noslers and see if I can hit 220 fpe mark with my Evanix 😆

If you put a 28″ barrel on that Blizzard I’m sure the numbers will be just as good as the Bulldog ones

rkr
    quote Nomadic Pirate:

If you put a 28″ barrel on that Blizzard I’m sure the numbers will be just as good as the Bulldog ones

I have actually 29.5″ barrel on order which should put me in the 230 fpe mark with 109 grainers but that’s making those bullets to fly a bit too fast I believe. With heavy slugs that should be 240+ fpe. If Crosman makes only 200 fpe with 28″ barrel and heavy slugs they haven’t used all the potential they have.

pnut

Does anyone know how many cc of air it will hold?

ronin001
    quote pnut:

Does anyone know how many cc of air it will hold?

340cc

quote RONIN001:

The dust cover or as Crossman calls it “Fill Nipple Cover” is very week and over time will break.

or if you are me it broke when I first took it off. lol

Deep breath!!… It has/had (??) such potential to be a great hunting rifle..

Where are you with your testing ?

Did you buy this gun or did they send it to you ?

ronin001

I bought it…

johnnelson

Good information’s about this 357 shows its face: BENJAMIN BULLDOG first time i heard this article, very interesting to be part of your topic thanks for sharing more about your information.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar