Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

357 shows its face: BENJAMIN BULLDOG

Home Forums BullPups Bulldog .357 357 shows its face: BENJAMIN BULLDOG

This topic contains 95 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  raven223 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • Author

ronin001

“miller” lol…. used the specs of the Nosler exstreme 357 bullet that Crosman/benjamin is pushing for this gun.

(though not sure of the length for this round) which makes a big difference on your twist rate….

correction***** Nosler Exstreme is .75″ long

ronin001
    quote RONIN001:

Miller twist Rule

Caliber 0.357 Inches
    Bullet Weight 145 Grains
    Bullet Length 0.6 Inches***
    Barrel Twist 14 Inches/turn
    muzzle velocity 800 fps
    Temperature 80 degrees Fahrenheit (59 is standard)
    Pressure 29.92 inches of mercury (29.92 is standard)

Sg = 6.63 (OVER STABILIZED)

——–
    CORRECTION

Caliber 0.357 Inches
    Bullet Weight 145 Grains
    Bullet Length 0.75 Inches***
    Barrel Twist 14 Inches/turn
    muzzle velocity 800 fps
    Temperature 80 degrees Fahrenheit (59 is standard)
    Pressure 29.92 inches of mercury (29.92 is standard)

Sg = 3.75 just under the over Stabalization… I guess

Sg shouldn’t be less than 1.4. If Sg is greater than 2.0 or large cal handgun 4.0, you may
    gain some accuracy by going to a slower twist barrel.

rkr
    quote Hoot:

Why didn’t Miller just try a lighter slug???

Hoot:

Lighter pellets are shorter and require even less twist. That’s why Korean guns with short magazines use 20:1 twist rate. With pellets you can go even lower in twist as they are partially drag stabilized in fly.

ronin001

OPENING OF THE BULLDOG…. SORRY IMAGES TAKEN WITH C.PH NOT THE BEST

From what I found out pellets most likely will not work out so well with this twist rate along with most of the 357 bullets out there (they are not long enough) Hope someone can prove this wrong… For now all I have is JSBs and 100 rounds of $$$$ Noslers

With JSBs 357 pellets you may be pushing into the 1100fps range

PS this gun is at least Pyramid Air sound level 4

drumie

Can’t wait to see some accuracy results and some crony #’s and shot count. If this gun does what is says I will have to get one if the accuracy is there too.

hoot
    Participant
    quote rkr:

quote Hoot:

Hoot:

Lighter pellets are shorter and require even less twist. That’s why Korean guns with short magazines use 20:1 twist rate. With pellets you can go even lower in twist as they are partially drag stabilized in fly.

Not a lighter “pellet”, but a lighter lead slug? A hollowpoint can trim a LOT of weight off of that .357, maintain it’s length, and get the fps up to speed without sacrificing any appreciable FPE…

I know they are available out there in several different weights. That poly tip isn’t all that great at air gun speeds. A common hollow point, or solid slug should do just fine for the game we hunt and the ranges we shoot! Get that slug down to 90 to 100gr and then take a look at performance.

This gun has possibilities, but Crosman couldn’t release a product properly if they tried. We don’t hunt African animals and I sure as hell wouldn’t take an airgun to Africa!!! We don’t need that big and complicated a slug! That’s horseshit product marketing for Nosler and removes the true potential from the Bulldog. Give the gun the right ammo and I’ll bet it will perform with excellence.

Hoot:
    Hoot:

rkr
    quote Hoot:

quote rkr:

quote Hoot:

Hoot:

Not a lighter “pellet”, but a lighter lead slug? A hollowpoint can trim a LOT of weight off of that .357, maintain it’s length, and get the fps up to speed without sacrificing any appreciable FPE…

I know they are available out there in several different weights. That poly tip isn’t all that great at air gun speeds. A common hollow point, or solid slug should do just fine for the game we hunt and the ranges we shoot! Get that slug down to 90 to 100gr and then take a look at performance.

This gun has possibilities, but Crosman couldn’t release a product properly if they tried. We don’t hunt African animals and I sure as hell wouldn’t take an airgun to Africa!!! We don’t need that big and complicated a slug! That’s horseshit product marketing for Nosler and removes the true potential from the Bulldog. Give the gun the right ammo and I’ll bet it will perform with excellence.

Hoot:
    Hoot:

Typo, I meant lighter bullet but same principle applies for pellets. Lighter = shorter (in general). A HP will shave off few grains but it will not provide massive changes in weight. It also moves the bullet’s mass towards the rear which is really bad if the bullet is marginally stabilized. So,choose the twist rate to match the longest bullet you are going to be shooting. If I had a Bulldog I’d be trying Bob’s boattails, 109 and 124 grain versions exist. The 109 grain should fly around 900 fps and with reduced drag of boattal it will fly as flat in longer ranges as a lighter flat base bullet while retaining more energy.

Agree, I would test bullets in the 95-110gr range

ronin001

stubby bullets may not work with this gun I believe you will need at least .6″ – .75″ length bullets to get beyond 40yrds (could be very wrong)

– I talked with Bob from Mrhollowpoints he siad he was going to test his ammo on it when his bulldog comes in.

– Matt’s bullets: Waiting on length information on his 357 ammo but no reply from him this week.

ronin001

So my ammo I order from Pyramyd Air is going to someone else it seems… :rofl:

I just received my delivery from FedEx (well someones delivery) as you can guess its not ammo instead it was my first BB gun that I saved all my pennies as a kid “2100 Crosman Classic”. A little disapointed about no ammo but it did bring back some good old memories!! 😀

SORRY FOLKS NO SHOOTING THIS WEEKEND…. 😥

quote RONIN001:

stubby bullets will not work with this gun need at least .6″ – .75″ length bullets

– I talked with Bob from Mrhollowpoints he siad he was going to test his ammo on it when his bulldog comes in.

– Matt’s bullets: Waiting on length information on his 357 ammo but no reply on this week.

I don’t know, …but I think twist is a bit overrated,
    in any case if the gun is limited to heavy bullets to be shot at 700 fps than I think sales will suffer.

ronin001
    quote :

I don’t know, …but I think twist is a bit overrated,
    in any case if the gun is limited to heavy bullets to be shot at 700 fps than I think sales will suffer.

I think they had the barrel made for the Nosler and I cant find anything in that range…. if you look at this image even all their custom rounds are the same between .65″ to .75″ and they dont advertise the 90gr ammo that they used to get that 900 fps

If that is really the case,…….than they’ve screwed up, again !

hoot
    Participant
    quote Nomadic Pirate:

If that is really the case,…….than they’ve screwed up, again !

Let’s not forget that barrel is easily replaced with one of your choice. It’s not a premium barrel. More than one machinist on these forums will get you the twist you want and cut the blank to fit! That might be a good investment in this case.

Hoot:

Yeah, but changing barrels isn’t all that cheap, now we are looking to had about 300 bucks between barrel and fitting,…the gun start to become awfully expensive.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar