Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

357 shows its face: BENJAMIN BULLDOG

Home Forums BullPups Bulldog .357 357 shows its face: BENJAMIN BULLDOG

This topic contains 95 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  raven223 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
  • Author

ronin001

😆

iride
    Participant

Just the price of the pellets might knock me out of buying a 357 air gun,
    What happened to cheap shooting,
    If its as accurate as the 25 marauder with the green mountain barrel , It would be very temping to blow up some sparrows ,
    Maybe I am just stuck when you could buy a 500 block of 22 long rifle 22 shells for twelve bucks,,,,
    Yea Yea yea, I remember when a hamburger was 75 cents and a coke was a dime…..
    New air compressor coming soon, Free air that cost a shit load of money,
    Deep in the sport
    Mike

leadbetter

Buy a mold and furnace brah !
    Leadpecker out

oldkid

It looks like a fun to shoot gun. I am surprised at the kill shots. Hard for me to believe those big animals died so easily 😮 . Maybe I have been aiming at the wrong vitals all these years.

ronin001

new vid…

one month to it ships

rkr

170 fpe sounds more like a real life figure. That’s still rather good power and allows shooting light bullets at 900+ fps.

hoot
    Participant

Very true Off-your-rkr”,

The Air Force .45 is insanely powerful at 500 fpe at the muzzle, loud as a powder burner, and we don’t have an Oryx problem here in Arkansas.

The Benjamin gun seems to be quiet, despite the lack of baffles, which baffles me.

The price is not too bad, but the price of ammo is quite insane. The Nosler poly-tipped slugs are certainly not for daily use. I suspect regular lead .357 slugs would do.

It seems the effective range is around 50 yards. It would seem a body could use a much lighter slug and extend that quite a bit!

I hope someone here buys one and posts some real world results.

EDIT: Make that MAX range about 90 yards…per more recent videos. Depends on what animal you shoot. If you have an Oryx problem, best stick to the “Oryx-B-Gone” yard spray!

Hoot:

quote rkr:

170 fpe sounds more like a real life figure. That’s still rather good power and allows shooting light bullets at 900+ fps.

By using lighter ammo to get in the 900 fps range than the FPE will deminish right ? …..so without shooting overly heavy ammo just to get Hollywood FPE the gun really will be 140-150 FPE,….does that sound right ?

Hoot, there’s tons of cheap .357 cast bullet on the market, no need to shoot those crazy expensive Noslers.

rkr

I would guess around 155-160 fpe but yes, the power will drop with lighter bullets.

hoot
    Participant

You are right Pirate, I forgot that .357 cast lead bullets would work, and are readily available in bulk lots too.

I’m giving this gun a hard look. The Air Force .45 is too much and too loud. The Youtube video seemed to indicate the Benjamin was very quiet to shoot. I was surprised!

FPE is a strange duck. I hunted in my youth, and never heard of “fps” and “fpe”. All I knew was If you placed the shot right, at a reasonable distance, you could drop large game like a bad habit! Today, people tend to use way too much gun for the game they hunt. They rely on brute force, instead of getting close and placing a shot accurately. Times change.

This .357 would be the right gun for “Urban Deer Hunting”, like where I live. There are so many deer here they are considering using contraceptives in feed bins to thin the herd. LOTS of cars colliding with deer each year. The problem is some old sentimental idiots in our retirement community started feeding the damn things, and a few years back the does started having twins, last year they started to have triplets!!! Our community is 13 miles long by five miles deep, all wooded low mountains. Game and fish says we have far too many deer for the area. Numbers are estimated to be several thousand! All because of supplemental feeding by the residents, and no guns allowed to be discharged within the community limits.

What really pisses me off is I live in Arkansas…the state mascot is a damned HOG, and there are NO feral pigs in this part of Arkansas…not one! I want to shoot hogs, but all I’ve got are deer, by the dozens! They need thinning. The locals are touchy about such things. The governing body wants them gone, but not sure how to do it without pissing everyone off.

It’s an imperfect world. A guy’s got to do some things by himself…quietly, privately, effectively, and leave no tracks. That Benjamin just might be an answer to one part of that problem.

Hoot:

The BullDog looks like a nice gun with many good features, but I still think that with a bullet that alouds the -/+ 900 fps it’s gonna be a 150 FPE gun, but we’ll see when she gets in the hands of costumers.

ronin001

So what I have been told these go on Pre-order in about 1-2 weeks at pyramyd air.

tredge

So do I understand correctly that smaller caliber rounds such as the .25 could be fired without modification?
    Would that mean more rounds with a smaller caliber on the same tank?

hoot
    Participant
    quote Tredge:

So do I understand correctly that smaller caliber rounds such as the .25 could be fired without modification?
    Would that mean more rounds with a smaller caliber on the same tank?

Absolutely true! Absolutely true!

It’s just that the above could not be done with the new Benjamin Bulldog. A nice new .25 caliber pcp bullpup, with a regulator, would do all these things for you.

Hoot:

ronin001

Here you go HOOT more FPE FPS talk….

Ok getting closer with real world numbers with one of the engineers stating the gun will do 740 fps with the 145 grain Nosler which would give about a 176 fpe. 340cc air tube with a total of ten usable shots….

oh and “AMBIDEXTROUS” side lever for you left handers…

minute 6 mark

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar