Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

357 shows its face: BENJAMIN BULLDOG

Home Forums BullPups Bulldog .357 357 shows its face: BENJAMIN BULLDOG

This topic contains 95 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  raven223 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)
  • Author

ronin001

Well another 357 bullpup comes up agian and I know you guys are just so happy (sarcasm)!!! :rofl: Well anywho I love those 357s sucks up my air but fun to shot…

The Benjamin Bulldog is to shot groups of nearly 800 feet per second (FPS) with 200 foot pounds of energy (FPE) when using the Benjamin eXTREME airgun 145 grain hunting bullet by Nosle!!

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2015/01/benjamin-airguns-introduces-the-bulldog-357-trophy-game-hunting-air-rifle/#ixzz3PIvHexv7

awny

Far better play than the impractical canon they called Benjamin Rogue!
    How does it compare to the rainstorm 3D?

hoot
    Participant

I read where it gets 5 to 15 shots per fill. I’ll bet the 15 shots power level wouldn’t reach 50 yards, with any power.

Besides, it looks like a piece of re-purposed angle iron! Someone mentioned “Rogue V2.0”, I wonder if they just repackaged their
    previous attempt with new metal?

Hoot:

on-the-edge

It is not a repackaged Rogue. This one uses a mechanical valve. Personally, I am disappointed that they made it a Mattelomatic looking bullpup. I would have preferred a standard rifle format and a longer barrel. Oh well, maybe one day Crosman will wake up.

walkonking
    Participant

Kinda looks like a Rail Gun

The New Generation did not grow up on John Wayne and Bonanza. They grew up on Doom, Quake, Halo and Gears of War.

ronin001

It has a little kick… My evanix does not kick as much and much loader.

hoot
    Participant

“…And created for the Bulldog is the Benjamin SoundTrap, a trapezoid shaped shroud designed for big bore sound suppression.”

A trapezoid sound suppressor? Hmmmm….I wonder what the baffles look like?

Still, it resembles a re-purposed jack handle to me.

The price isn’t bad…$999.00, at least it doesn’t cost a thousand dollars! Those Nosler polytip slugs designed for it are not cheap. And, you’d better own a compressor, or have a fill station close by. Not a perfect combination for everyone.

If I had access to large game regularly, I’d consider it, if it turned out to be functional and accurate.

Hoot:

slayer5

If its accurate I want one. have compessor and tanks

ronin001
    quote Hoot:

“…And created for the Bulldog is the Benjamin SoundTrap, a trapezoid shaped shroud designed for big bore sound suppression.”

A trapezoid sound suppressor? Hmmmm….I wonder what the baffles look like?

Still, it resembles a re-purposed jack handle to me.

The price isn’t bad…$999.00, at least it doesn’t cost a thousand dollars! Those Nosler polytip slugs designed for it are not cheap. And, you’d better own a compressor, or have a fill station close by. Not a perfect combination for everyone.

If I had access to large game regularly, I’d consider it, if it turned out to be functional and accurate.

Hoot:

I believe it may be baffless…

“Baffle-less SoundTrap”

iride
    Participant

Going to buy me a compressor this February, Got a great white tank.
    Do you think the Bulldog 357 is to much for sparrows? Just wondering .
    Mike

haggard616

It may be hideous.. But if it’s as reliable and accurate as the .25 Marauders, I’d consider one to fill my big bore needs..
    And as far as those Nosler bullets made for Crosman, I thought they discontinued those? I could’ve swore last year when trying to buy some of those I couldn’t find them available anywhere.. Maybe I’m thinking Nosler was supposed to make those bullets in .25 for Crosman and that never came to fruition.. I can’t remember.

rkr
    quote Awny:

Far better play than the impractical canon they called Benjamin Rogue!
    How does it compare to the rainstorm 3D?

I like it and it kicks the living heck out of stock Evanix guns, at least based on those stats. Let’s see, it has a breech that has no magazine sticking out, the magazine has room for long bullets. The shroud is “interesting” in shape but it has a big volume inside which is needed at 200 fpe – all in all an acceptable design with rail incorporated on top. The gun can do 200 fpe with 145 grain ammo, my Evanix does that with 109 grain bullets but that Bulldog should still reach 900+ fps with 90-100gr bullets which is good for flat trajectory. The gun has 5 shot magazine and I believe that gun can be tuned for a flat 5 shot string with power close to 200 fpe which is the best you can expect from a tube gun. I think that’s rather impressive design and I even like the looks of it, it looks like Crosman has people who know their stuff and can actually design airguns – not just the exterior of them.

zonk
    Participant

I think it’s perfect for sparrows Mike.

slayer5

sparrows, yes line up about 6 of them should work fine

hoot
    Participant

quote RONIN001:

I believe it may be baffless…

Dear Un-consigned Ninja…

Yet…strangely, I find myself “baffled” by your remark! Perhaps that is how it works. It doesn’t sound loud on the Youtube video.

Hoot:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar