Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

.308 Texan leaks

Home Forums AirForce Texan .308 Texan leaks

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  hammer0419 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jtb530

How do I disassemble this valve to repair the leak it has? Are any special tools required and what parts might I need?
    Thanks in advance!

anthony266
    Keymaster

First you need to pin point the leak.
    Shake up a jar of dish soap and water.
    I use a paint brush to scope up the bubbles and cover gauge, fill port, top hat, and brass insert.
    Those are the only places it can leak.
    Good luck.
    Tony

jtb530

Thanks for the quick reply Tony! Sorry I left out that info. It is coming out of the top of the valve. I can put my finger over it and feel pressure start to build. So I assume the valve seat?

jtb530

Is this a taboo subject or something? I’ve asked 3 different forums and no replies. It may be a super simple thing to do however I have never worked on this rifle and would just like some advice so I don’t mess anything up. I bought the rifle brand new and it has had an issue since the 3rd shot. I’m aware there is a warranty but I would gladly do the repair myself rather than pay to send it in and wait.

anthony266
    Keymaster

I would send it back to AF for repair.
    Or disassemble valve and clean.
    If it is leaking from the top hat your valve seal is casing the problem.
    Good luck.
    Tony
    Here is an old post that might help with a pic of valve internals.
    http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=32413&p=329185&hilit=texan#p329185

jking

Try at low pressure turning the Top hat this will then turn the poppet you may find after a shot it did not seat correctly. If it continues remove all the air in the Tank by dry firing . under the top hat you will see a flat side of the valve end cap use a spanner to loosen counter clock wise get some polishing paste put polishing paste on the black plastic poppet and the face of the valve end cap where the to seal up now place the top hat in a drill press. hold onto the valve end cap using a cloth as it will get hot now turn on the drill press and this will cause the plastic poppet to rub on the valve face and polish it while the drill press is turning put a bit of downward force one the valve end cap . After about 10 min stop clean it of and lube and re install should sought it out

anthony266
    Keymaster

Good advice.
    Thanks for contributing.
    Stick around and keep the posts coming.
    Thanks, Tony

jtb530

Thank you guys! I took the valve apart and there was a tiny little scratch on the plastic piece in the sealing area. I have lapped in some poppets from mountain air in the past using a hand drill and mother’s mag wheel polish. I repeated that technique cleaned inspected and repeated until the scratch was gone. One final clean up and some divers silicone on the o ring everything went together smoothly and held air immediately. I fired a dozen or so shots and no hissing. I’m going to top it off and let it set a day or so to verify the repair. Thanks again guys I really appreciate it!!!

hammer0419

Nice work!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar