Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

.257 condor ss conversion

Home Forums AirForce Condor/Condor SS .257 condor ss conversion

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fomen 1 day, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jack
    Participant

Hello,

What do I need to do to complete a .257 conversion on a Condor ss? I have the heavy anti slap hammer and heavy spring from Talon tunes. I’d like it to be as beastly as possible.

Thank you,

Fred

miksatx
    Participant

Is all that stuff installed? How about ammo? Are you using a 3000 psi bottle or have you picked up a 580/4500 bottle yet?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  miksatx.

anthony266
    Keymaster

You just need our 257 drop-in barrel..

.257 Barrel

fomen
    Participant

I think there’s more to it than just dropping in a barrel. The stock Condor claims to generate 105 FPE. But that’s with everything wide open, and set up for .25 caliber or less. Those are non big bore calibers. You will DEFINITELY need a barrel with a 1-14 twist. That is a FACT! But you will also need an extreme flow valve, a new tophat, a heavier hammer, a heavier spring, and a LOT of tuning. The stock .25 valve assembly just won’t do it for what you want to accomplish. With everything you need to try to accomplish what you want to do, you’re talking about $550-$600. In my opinion, you should just pull the trigger and buy a Texan in .257. It has a 28 inch barrel, an extreme flow valve, side lever cocking, and beefed up hammer and spring. There’s a video on YouTube of a guy who cuts a playing card in half at 300 yards with the .257 Texan after 7 shots. Also, PCP Tunes is making a regulator for the smaller calibers of the Texans. The reg can handle 4500 psi bottle pressure. You can set the valve side of the reg for 3000 psi, and get about a dozen regulated shots at 1000+ FPS, with an extreme spread of 10-12 FPS. The gun can become a TACK DRIVER!

My buddy has a .257 Condor conversion. It was custom made by Doug Noble. So when I describe the draw backs of converting a Condor vs. buying a Texan, I know what I’m talking about. My buddy bought the Texan after he had everything done on the conversion. At one time, converting the gun was the only option. Buy not anymore. The hammer and spring on the conversion is so heavy that your thumb gets sore after cocking it several times. Plus the hammer hits so violently from the preload that it causes harmonics that equate to issues with accuracy downrange.

No sir…. Just buy the Texan. Save yourself the headache. Just my $.02

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar