Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

25 marauder and SS valve

Home Forums Other Guns Benjamin Marauder 25 marauder and SS valve

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  karmical 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

airgunmann

Has any one used the new ss valve from Travis unregulated with the 33.94 mk2 yet I got the valve on my bench . I’m currently tunning my talondor 12 in barrel and wanted to finish it before I give into my mrod again . Once I do I want to find out what the valve will do should be a power house

bigtinboat
    Participant

Is that the valve that’s like those old balanced paintball valves? With orings on the piston inside the valve? If it is I’d sell it instead of installing it. Otherwise you are just asking for problems. If you do install it just keep checking your gun with a chrony. You’ll see. Un-lubed o-rings don’t last forever. Even while they are new you will see problems. After they sit for a while don’t expect your 1st shot to be anywhere near subsequent shots.

airgunmann

This isn’t the same old balanced paintball valve . This valve has been put to the test with several people running the prototype . It’s also really efficient and uses poppet design of the war valve I believe

bigtinboat
    Participant
    quote Airgunmann:

This isn’t the same old balanced paintball valve . This valve has been put to the test with several people running the prototype . It’s also really efficient and uses poppet design of the war valve I believe

OK, don’t take my word for it. Install it into the gun. See if you can get a decent shot string out of it. Once you think you have it let the gun sit for a few hours and the shoot it over the chrony. I’d be willing to bet it shoots quite a bit lower then what you have it tuned for. This is due to the internal o-ring in the valve. How are you going to lubricate them?

Also don’t take my word for it being old technology. Do a google search on balanced paintball valves. It’s old news being resurrected as “new”.

bigtinboat
    Participant

Any chance to try that valve?

The below info was sent to me on a guy who installed the valve.

Name: SS With Striker 5 turns from flush. Hammer spring 3.75 turns in.
    3 oring buffer orings
    3 spring loops cut off factory spring (I do not suggest this as it is a bit too much)
    Notes: 3100-2600 psi
    Shots: 8
    Average: 888 FPS
    SD: 8 FPS
    Min: 876 FPS
    Max: 902 FPS
    Spread: 26 FPS
    Power Factor Average: 38
    Power Factor Low: 37
    Power Factor High: 38
    Barometric Pressure: 30
    Temperature: 71
    Weight: 43 grains

Index Velocity Ft/Lbs
    1 876 73
    2 893 76
    3 902 77
    4 893 76
    5 891 75
    6 888 75
    7 883 74
    8 879 73

and here is a tune one of the “amateur” valve modifiers came up with running his own home modified valve and spring that he makes.

My valve and hammer spring – everything else stock.

43 Eujins – start pressure 3000psi and end pressure 2350psi.
    FPS
    Average FPS – 906 and nearly 79fpe for a 2.6% ES. Heck, it was the fist try. I think I can do better.

Note that the SS valve tune is lower in power, higher in ES, and was done using an OVER filled tube.

SS valve might not be all it’s “advertised” to be.

airgunmann

Yeah alot of people are using a regulator and a light hammer with them . I thought I would try it any way

bigtinboat
    Participant

So did you ever get your SS valve installed?

airgunmann

I got side tracked with a fire arm project .so it is on my work bench along with 2 revisions that they sent me to change out . Apparently the prototype s we’re doing better than the production pieces and they sent the parts to change out to try to get the better efficiency from what I understand

karmical
    Participant

I’ve had my 1st gen SS valve now for over year.

Its tuned to 26 shots at 54fpe, I’ve haven’t had the striction issues since the valve broke in.

I can let it sit for months, and the first shot isn’t 50-125 fps low like claimed.

It did do it a couple of times, but I just kept using the gun and its settled down and works just fine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar