Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

.25 Crosman SOMETHING

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns .25 Crosman SOMETHING

This topic contains 40 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  caboose212 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

caboose212
    Participant

That’s a sweet looking shooter right there!!! I love that Vash stock! I may have to build something similar someday!!

I know this thing’s gonna be loud!! I just needed something to take a bite out of the report… I have no wild fantasies about this carbine being a “backyard friendly” hammer. I have my TalonP bullpup @ 40 fpe for that.

caboose212
    Participant

Man, I can’t stop thinking about another Crosman PCP build… I have one of those Russian side-lever breech’s for the Disco, this is what I was thinking of building:

Russian side-lever breech (this will be a regulated .22)
    Modified Mrod shroud w/LDC mount end cap
    China clone of the AR15 TROY PDW stock
    JDS Airman (or would a QB79 block work?) conversion block
    Blue Fork Designs trigger (since I’m no longer using it for the .25 slug gun)
    Modified Prod fore end

It’ll have to wait, but I think that would make a damn cool little gun!!

miksatx
    Participant

The QB79 block, I think the holes are way to close to the end of the tube for my comfort. Jdsairman work for me. I wanted to do the side lever but to damn cheap to buy the breech lol. I’m trying to use up all my spare parts.

caboose212
    Participant
    quote miksatx:

The QB79 block, I think the holes are way to close to the end of the tube for my comfort. Jdsairman work for me. I wanted to do the side lever but to damn cheap to buy the breech lol. I’m trying to use up all my spare parts.

That’s what I thought… I’ll order the JDS block sometime in the next few weeks…

Yeah, I felt the same way about the Russian breech, and even cringed a little when I hit that “buy it now” button… But considering the cost of a BNM breech (and it’s not a side lever), plus the fact that the Russian guy was the only game in town for a while (there’s now a Thai guy making them), I pulled the trigger on one.

I’m using up nearly all the Crosman/Benjamin spares I have with this build, the .357 build and the future Disco bottle build I described above. However, it always ends up with me buying more parts :rofl: Oh well… 😐

caboose212
    Participant

This is probably a silly question, but can I upgrade the barrel set screws to 10-32? For some reason, these 8-32 screws seem really small to me… If not, I’ll just add a third 8-32 screw.

miksatx
    Participant
    quote Caboose212:

This is probably a silly question, but can I upgrade the barrel set screws to 10-32? For some reason, these 8-32 screws seem really small to me… If not, I’ll just add a third 8-32 screw.

On disco type barrel bands? That’s a hard call if you’re already cutting them to fit a .500 barrel. Roy can probably whip ya up ah barrel band.

caboose212
    Participant

I should have been more clear- I meant on the grub screws on the breech that secure the barrel.

caboose212
    Participant
    quote miksatx:

.500 barrel. Roy can probably whip ya up ah barrel band.

I might have to have Roy do that- I’ll see how much material is left on the Cothran barrel band, but the barrel is actually larger… around .556″ or some such. The barrel is .50″ for the breech area. *Crossing fingers* I hope I don’t have to buy another barrel band.

miksatx
    Participant

Naw you was plenty clear Tom. Wow what a dumbass I am, I read breech and thought barrel band.

caboose212
    Participant

Cothran Valve and barrel band paid for, should be shipped soon!!! Oh man, I can’t WAIT!!!!

I’m still working on the stock…

I filled in the gauge hole (not using a gauge); Here’s a view on the inlet side… I have the wooden dowel just below the inlet so I wouldn’t have to do any work on the inlet. Yeah, I know it’s lazy- sue me!

Here’s a shot from the outside. I need to rasp/sand it down smooth with the rest of the stock. I’m also filling in all the script and “checkering”. Too easy.

After I get my tube back, I’ll cut down the front a touch, then round the edge, shoot a coat of high-build primer, and make sure it’s all smooth before doing a “final sand”… Then it’s off to the Hydro dipper. Oh man, I can’t wait!!

miksatx
    Participant

Great job of fill job now get hot with that rasp. Need to do that on my Airmax varmit. I dropped a reg and plenum so no gauge on it, just s big hole.

caboose212
    Participant

All it really takes is a bit of work… The hydro dip really hides imperfections!!

caboose212
    Participant

Powerhouse valve is IN!!! The barrel band won’t have enough material, so I’ll have to figure something out. I’ll be emailing Mountain Air very soon!!

caboose212
    Participant

Quick post…

I’ve done the initial fill of the checkering and script on the Gen1 Mrod stock. I’ll probably have to do a 2nd fill. Pics:

caboose212
    Participant

A touch more work. Nothing crazy.

No more nub!!

script:

More of the checkering:

Still a bit of work yet to do. That checkering is weird. It’ll definitely need a 2nd or maybe a 3rd fill. The script should be good to go after the 2nd fill. I’m also going to run a skim coat over the former gauge hole to smooth that area out.

Oh- I pushed a few pellets through the barrel, as Roy said those Baker .25 barrels are spotty with the rifling. Luckily, the rifling marks on the pellets look good to me. I pushed through a few of Kodiak match and JSB’s. So the rifling should fully engage the slugs I intend on using. No pics, I don’t have a camera that can zoom that close. The parts will be in the mail on Monday!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar