Skip to toolbar

.25 AAA Condor at 45 yards

Home Forums AirForce Condor/Condor SS .25 AAA Condor at 45 yards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    photo22
    Participant

I’m getting the bird ready for it’s first hunt next week if all goes well. We are going for jack rabbit’s and I also hear that some coyote’s are also in the area. I’m shooting with the high flow tank and the Kodiak’s at 2800psi and the 42.8gr Eunjin’s at 2900psi and I have the same zero for both pellets at 40 to 45 yards. All shots I did at a friends house and the wind was maybe 2-5mph and at 45 yards 5 shots on each target.

nuglor
    Participant

Yep, that looks about right. At 50 yards, I was able to knock the tack out holding the target up in 2 shots with 42g EJ’s. Tony makes A HELL OF a Condor, doesn’t he? 😈 Are you using a shroud?

photo22
    Participant

O yeah shrouded all up with some bling as well.

knifemaker
    Participant

I’m Love’n-it!!!

blackops
    Participant

Nice shooting and a really nice setup you have there Photo!

Good luck on the hunt, Jim.

savagesam
    Participant

Don’t take this wrong, i’m just askin. Is a Condor up to taking a coyote?

photo22
    Participant
    quote SAVAGESAM:

Don’t take this wrong, i’m just askin. Is a Condor up to taking a coyote?

I think alot of the custom Condors with the added power can do it, but it would be safe with a well placed head shot at close range. My rig can shot through 2″ wood at 25 yards so it is possible.

ambush-hunter
    Participant

Heads shots only, I agree. AAA Condor is the right tool. Shouldn’t be a problem out to 60 yards and probably beyond. Coyotes skulls are not that thick. Think of all that energy that you still have at that range! Precise shot placement is paramount.

patrickstam
    Participant

How many shots do you guys tend to get out of your condors before refilling?

ambush-hunter
    Participant

20-25 shots with mine.

also, don’t underestimate .22 because Condor can easily achieve 60 fpe at the muzzle with .22 pellet and that is a hellava energy. and you’ll get a bit more shots per fill.

patrickstam
    Participant

I’m considering buying one of tony’s fastlane rifles, how many FPE is a kodiak going 860fps?

BTW, sorry don’t mean to take over the thread

knifemaker
    Participant

In .25 cal. with the Kodiak at 31 gr, it would be 50.92 FPE.

velocity (FPS) squared, or 860 x 860 x weightor 31 gr. divided by the con. of 450240= FPE

Mike

patrickstam
    Participant

Thanks knife I was talking about .22 and I figured it was about 35 FPE.

ambush-hunter
    Participant

when my condor was bone stock in .22 it was shooting 21 gr. kodiak at 1010-1070 fps for about 35 full power shots, the PW was set to 10-10. That’s 50+fpe.
    hope it helps.

savagesam
    Participant
    quote Vlady:

when my condor was bone stock in .22 it was shooting 21 gr. kodiak at 1010-1070 fps for about 35 full power shots, the PW was set to 10-10. That’s 50+fpe.
    hope it helps.

That’s VERY good info for a newbie like myself. I have two questions…1. Why are the crosman premiers (.22 cal.) in the card board box so much more than the premiers in the tins? 2. .22 cal. Crosman premiers @14.3 grains, I believe. Does anyone have a good guess where I should set the power wheel for as close as possible to 1000 F.P.S. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.