.223 Condor

Home Forums General TAF Gallery .223 Condor

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    matthius
    Participant

roel13:

Now those are what I’m seeing when I close my eyes and think of
    kick butt projectiles leaving my AirRifle barrel. ➡

P.S. – what’s typical fpe with the Air Force TSS18″ barrel @ about 3200 psi – P. Dial about 11 in ,22 cal? I’d be curious about 40 or so yards.

roel13: Those pics of just shooting the shit (buckets, doors, etc.) remind of myself. Impressive & fun feeling about it huh? 🙂

maw
    Participant

That bigger valve is going to put out some power I believe alot more so keep us posted.

roel13
    Participant

Hi Matthius,

my Talon was doing about 50 FPE straight from te box for as far as i can remember, it was fitted with a 12″ barrel. When there`s a 18″ there might a bit more action.

Roel

matthius
    Participant

Hey that’s GOOD NeWs. I was with the impression That out of box set up would be about 34 fpe or so. My Top Hat is at 7+mm. I usually fill a couple hundred over 3000 to my gun. 18″ barrel. I’m not REAL consistant on the power dial though. I just look around and play with different pellet effects on different items. Always fairly happy though. I like:
    3.75 – 6.75 – 9 – 11+. I even smile at the shot I just put with the dial @ .90! Not even 1. 2900 to 3000 psi.
    I think I want a larger weight to tap the T-Hat. Just ordered a range finder, so have to live with this umF power push for now…… ➡

Do you know what your Hat is mm out to?

roel13
    Participant

Hi Matthius,

nha, to be totally honest with you lemme tell you this. The adjustment of the top hat never bothered me that much. Adjustments been done by making a new valve with a little bigger hole in it. A bigger hole solves any respiration problem. To adjust the tophat you have to be a little subtile. Being subtile is not my kinda thing, i just wanna yank the pellets out of the gun at the max possible speed with the biggest recoil possible and the hardest BANG available.

For as far as i can remember i think the inner diameter was about 4 millimeter, i`m not 100% sure.

Like you say, i`m not too fond of shooting groups in a piece of paper either, breaking things is more fun.

See ya around.

Roel

critter
    Participant

12 in? 50 FPE? You sure? A 12in TSS stock does 24-26 fpe usually….. Was that measurement taken with a new valve?

roel13
    Participant

Hi,

nope, i`m not sure. I just looked it up on the dutch airgunforum. I used Baracuda Extra `eavy`s, and the gun did a little over 40 fpe. 286 meters per second. A slip of the fingertip? A memory that`s not too good anymore? (Forget the first option, i was pretty sure it did 50 fpe)

Sorry for giving the wrong numbers. You say a standard out of the box gun is doing about 26 fpe? If that had been told in the days i ordered one, i would have canceled the order. The Talons are known and honored for giving some power straight out of the box over here in Holland.

I dunno what`s the cause of the difference. I Just know i can`t trust my memory….

Roel

critter
    Participant

A standard talon should get about 26fpe stock, but are you sure you are not talking about a condor? Because a talon SS, 12 inch barrel, stock valve should not be over 30 without serious mods..

roel13
    Participant

Hi,

i`m starting to doubt myself. Maybe i`ve become the drunk my old man used te be. I just asked Rob, some insane technical wizard and a friend of mine. He`s an insane nutcase and a friend.

“Yo Rob, i told that a standard Talon with a 12″ barrel is doing 40 fpe. Am i nuts or what?”

“Roel, what have you been drinking, you freaking nutcase, numbnut, in heaven a standard Talon is doing 30 fpe, in real life it doesn`t even get to 30. Jerk.”

“Rob, why the fuck did i buy a gun that gives less then 30 fpe? What the hell has been wrong with me those days?”

“Roel, you didn`t improve over the last 1,5 year. Sorry mate, truth is hard. Get yerself a beer mate. Or even better, go to bed.”

Sorry again…….

Roel 😳

robjan
    Participant

Hi ,
    I am Rob hahahahah that roel , its your age!!!
    Now you will never forget it , a standard talon with 12 ich wont shoot above 30 /32 fpe !
    only with a little help from a lathe …………… but when your starting to help the talon , you must help him all the way !
    wright above the 80 fpe then you’ll have a nice rig….. for demolition work 🙄

see you soon !!!
    greets Robert

roel13
    Participant

Hey Rob,

hahaha! Yeah right man, we sure do. Next month in Ochten.

Anyway, my Talon days are over. I got the sparebottle from Richard Kilroy yesterday, i`m gonna get the valve to fit and run amok like i`m being payed for it.

Wottefok, runamok!

Take care mate.

Roel

roel13
    Participant

Hi,

runamok? My ass!

Been working on the Hanserfaust valve, i had to do some work before it even fitted in the frame. It gave about the same power as when i`m farting a pellet.

Better make a bit heavier hammer i think……

Keep ya posted.

Roel

jehills1973
    Participant

Very nice Condor

jehills1973
    Participant

Very nice condor :5:

roel13
    Participant

Hiya,

got a message about a reaction in this topic.
    I almost forgot i ever owned this gun. Seeing the pics it brings back memories. The Condor is long gone. I think i sold it to a bloke in Belgium. There`s no mo` Airforce guns over here no more. The guns i`ve got now are the UZGOOB .308 (a Daystate/Beaumont/Sinner mixture), the 201S, a III 300, an Infinity in .22, a Techstra, FX Rev, A BAM in .22 and a Cometa Lynx.

Roel 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.