.22 cal Eley Magnum Bullets 30gr

Home Forums AirForce General Chat .22 cal Eley Magnum Bullets 30gr

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    sluggo
    Participant

Eley Magnum Bullets .22cal
    Solid 30-grain bullet
    300 per tin

$29.95

Found these on AOA
    Has anyone tried them? Will the fit the Condor?

teflontron
    Participant

Haven’t tried them myself, but they will indeed fit the Condor although they may be tough to seat. They are basically a pulled bullet in shape and used to be sold in the UK but were stopped a number of years ago. For the price I would say that they offer nothing that can’t be done with an Eun Jin for a 1/4 of the price.

rapid-man
    Participant

you can still get them in the uk !!!!

spartacus
    Participant

They are indeed available in the UK again. This is the cheapest place I could find for them.

http://www.targetsports.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=56_174&products_id=3700&osCsid=d86e161502ebfb7fd2b161b1d77f1a51

Pricey, but I’ve been keen to try them nonetheless. Just need to put my rifle back together first….

airtramp
    Participant

If they are pulled bullets, it will be a bitch to seat them in an airgun barrel. I will be surprised if their accuracy would not suffer either based on my experience with (too) tight fitting pellets. JMHO

rapid-man
    Participant
    quote Spartacus:

They are indeed available in the UK again. This is the cheapest place I could find for them.

http://www.targetsports.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=56_174&products_id=3700&osCsid=d86e161502ebfb7fd2b161b1d77f1a51

Pricey, but I’ve been keen to try them nonetheless. Just need to put my rifle back together first….

i can get them a little bit cheaper than that £ 12.00 a tin tried them in my rapid but they wouldn’t go in the barrel !!!!!
    i wil have to put a few through the stealth when its up to speed 🙂 🙂 🙂

rabbits
    Participant
    quote AirTramp:

If they are pulled bullets, it will be a bitch to seat them in an airgun barrel. I will be surprised if their accuracy would not suffer either based on my experience with (too) tight fitting pellets. JMHO

well lads i,ve just cought this thead lol .. i use these bullets for long shots (over the 80yds) and i can hit a rabbit,s head at over 120yds no probs with these and the pack one hell off a punch .the will not push all the way into the barrel but they do go in leaveing somethinglike imm off skirt out i,ll take a pic off one in my barrel to show use rapid mate if u can get these cheeper i,ll be giveing u a shout soon lol 😀

spartacus
    Participant
    quote rapid man:

i can get them a little bit cheaper than that £ 12.00 a tin

Come on then Rapid, share your source 😀

bodhisdad
    Participant
    quote rabbits:

quote AirTramp:

well lads i,ve just cought this thead lol .. i use these bullets for long shots (over the 80yds) and i can hit a rabbit,s head at over 120yds no probs with these and the pack one hell off a punch .the will not push all the way into the barrel but they do go in leaveing somethinglike imm off skirt out i,ll take a pic off one in my barrel to show use rapid mate if u can get these cheeper i,ll be giveing u a shout soon lol 😀

These sound alot like 22lr rounds i’ve tried. Tough to pull without damage to the lead. Tight fit, very but i can get them in the barrel. I’ve tried this a couple of times for penetration testing. Out penetrated any pellet by a good amount. I was using old coffee cans to see how many i could punch through, heavy gauge tin. 2.5 cans is my best through 2 cans and into one side of a third. The .22lr went through all 3 cans and left a decent divot in my concrete wall. Can’t speak of accuracy, but would like to try a couple of rounds. Nice as you can get these in 30g through 60g. Rabbits would love to see a pic. I think the tight fit helps as there is little to no wasted air, and at 30g that packs a wallop. Funny thing is they slide right through a crosman barrel.

sluggo
    Participant

In my Condor the only .22cal solid pellet that would fit where the Condor specials from pyramydair.(pelletman)
    they measure .2162
    I tried the other solid pellets like the 30gr round nose and the 35gr hollow point but they would not fit. You could force them in with a penny but that was a bitch.
    they measure .2167

I still have some left over from 2004.

Sumatra loves the 35gr HP solid pellets.
    They didn’t fit my crosman. 🙁

rabbits
    Participant

right lads here,s a pic off the two pellets i use . on the left hand side u will c a wasp magnum 30.6grans for the longer shot,s and on the right u will c a bisley magnum 21.4 grans for normal shooting .the pellet that we r talking about is the wasp magnum and when pushed into my condor barrel u r left with a mm off skirt out the barrle and i find it no probs to use it like this with great results ..

sluggo
    Participant

Rabbits

Can you shoot a group and post it?

bodhisdad
    Participant

Would like to see as well, if its not to much trouble. Have you ever chronied them? being such a tight fit, i’d bet they leave the muzzle with some authority.

Sluggo, its a wonder what a thousandths of an inch will do. I’d like to get a trashed barrel and use it for sizing the lr rounds. Thought even to mic all the unjacketed brands i could find, just to see if 1 would fall into the tolerence range. Funny thing is i tried an old .22 crosman barrel and the bullet slides right through 😯 . Thought i was slick for a minute. It beats spending .10 a round, if i can find one brand which runs smaller then the rest i’m set. May yet drill out some ali/brass tubing to the right dia and size with that, not a major priority just another on the list projects to do.

shadoh
    Participant

Rabbit, is it possible you got the left and right one backwards? It just seems odd that the one on the left weighs less than the one on the right. Is the one on the left hollow inside?

rabbits
    Participant
    quote Shadoh:

Rabbit, is it possible you got the left and right one backwards? It just seems odd that the one on the left weighs less than the one on the right. Is the one on the left hollow inside?

ye mate sorry sorted it now lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.